“Was an ok stay!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
montreal, Canada
“Was an ok stay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked on the website of best western directly and got a better price than expedia and we got an upgrade to a suite partial ocean front.

We were on our honeymoon, id have thought we would get something special but we didnt. I had asked for early check in, when we arrived from our cruise, the guy said he would call me when its available, so i checked my phone every 10 minutes all day and he never called, we showed up at 3 and he wasnt even there anymore...

Breakfast was good but hurry up, 9:30 on the dot they take it away and there isnt much left anyways. So get up early,even if your on vacation!

They lent beach chairs and towels which is nice, beach is really close and very nice. Walgreens is right accross, buy wine and water is perfect.

We had no hot water our first night, my husband took a cold shower i opted to wait. Went to dinner with hair a mess and sunscreen everywhere. They did fix it as soon as we went down to tell them(no one answered phone when we called)

Rooms are nice, bed comfortable. Bathroom needs some loving. Water leaked from the ceiling.

Pool is nice, jacuzzis were not working. Alot of people, loud and kids running and jumping everywhere.

Make sure you arent on a hneymoon when you go

Dont forget they have resort fees!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

First of all dont stay in room 204. Ive stayed in this room twice and each time the power has gone out for an extended period. Luckily the the staff was nice enough to move me to a new room with a better view. The breakfast was just right and the amenities were good for the price. The staff was also nice overall. My only negative concerns the humidity in the rooms. A dehumidifier would go a long way.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Best western is usually a good choice for a medium range hotel which offers clean rooms, wi-fi and breakfast. This one in particular however didn't quite meet the cleanliness standards. The housekeeping would not replenish our soaps etc without asking and the bathroom was not being cleaned properly.
It took the front desk staff forever to check us in. Although there were three people working there, with two computers, they were all involved simultaneously with the guests in front of us with the check-in line increasing by the minute.
Our room was at the 3rd floor and this hotel being right at a noisy crossroad wasn't as quiet as one would like on a vacation. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem at the higher floors.
They have a small swimming pool and an exercise room and also give away beach chairs to guests.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room which is on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were okay, kind of on the low end. Service was great, people are really nice and try to help you as much as possible. Anything you asked for they came right up and gave it to you. They knew good places to go eat and also had great suggestions on what to visit in the area. They helped get taxis for you and we're very respectful

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros: free breakfast from 6:30-9:30am, one block from the beach, close to many restaurants and bars." The place" is a nice sports bar to go, they have a good selection of beer and they have plantains fries! Delicious! The staff is amazing, they gave us a late check out and kept our luggage safe while we waited for our flight which was at 2:45am! Everyone was very nice.
Cons: they checked us in one hour late, however they have us 2 complimentary drinks at the bar for our trouble. The pool is very small, but satisfactory.

Overall I would stay here again, Iove Puerto Rico and this hotel is a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Jojo 197714,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, definitely our location is the best in San Juan, we are very close to restaurants, tourist areas and entertainment venues. Our staff works hard to make you arrival and departure memorable. For all those visitors who area planning their future visit to Puerto Rico send us an email with your questions and lets us know how we can make your stay more pleasant one, our commitment is that you get in love with this Island. Contact us and we will guarantee the best rate available. Hope to see you soon!

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed with my daughter for five days, the hotel was packed because the long holiday weekend in July but everything was good, the breakfast was very good, there were a lot of people but the employees worked hard to make sure everybody was pleased.
On my next trip I will stay here again. Service and staff were very good too.
Sandra Portalatin, Lakeland, Florida

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned, during the holiday weekend we get many visitors, but we always make the arrangements necessary to provide the best service to our guests. Our breakfast is very popular, not only because it is included, but because we offer many options and variety. Luis Josuan, Daniel and Marie work hard every day to make our guests fell at home. For your future stay, feel free to call me or send me an email at mrivas@condadopalm.com and I will guarantee you the best rate available. Hope to see you soon upon your next visit to Puerto Rico!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a last minute over night stay for me waiting on a connecting flight. I was unsure about the place after reading the reviews but my stay was wonderful! The location is GREAT and is close to everything! There is a Walgreens right across the street, which has about everything you need. The beach is just feet away and many restaurants, bars, and parks all around you! The price was almost half the price of some of the neighboring hotels, what a deal! The staff was AMAZING during my entire stay. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was so friendly and helpful. I had some issues with my credit card at checking in but Antonio was very patient and went out of his way to help me. He even provided dining suggestions and checked on me each time he saw me walk in the door. The hotel is an old building but has been updated and is very nice. My room was bright, very large, clean, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and crisp. The view I had wasn't the greatest, but there was a sliding glass door without a patio to open and feel the beach breeze. It would be amazing if they had a hotel tub or heated pool, but it was still nice that the pool was open all night. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in PR. Thanks again for the help Antonio!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Russ R,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. Regardless of the circumstances, we are glad you found your way to The Condado Palm and were able to experience our staff's firthand. Undoudtedly, our hotel is situated in the best location in San Juan, with countless restaurants and entertainment walking distance and our staff is eager and ready to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Feel free to contact us directly upon your next visit to Puerto Rico so we can set you up with an ocean view room. We look forward to having you back!

787.370.1080

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!