“Great staff with bunch of extras.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #10 of 44 hotels in San Juan
“Great staff with bunch of extras.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

First of all dont stay in room 204. Ive stayed in this room twice and each time the power has gone out for an extended period. Luckily the the staff was nice enough to move me to a new room with a better view. The breakfast was just right and the amenities were good for the price. The staff was also nice overall. My only negative concerns the humidity in the rooms. A dehumidifier would go a long way.

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Best western is usually a good choice for a medium range hotel which offers clean rooms, wi-fi and breakfast. This one in particular however didn't quite meet the cleanliness standards. The housekeeping would not replenish our soaps etc without asking and the bathroom was not being cleaned properly.
It took the front desk staff forever to check us in. Although there were three people working there, with two computers, they were all involved simultaneously with the guests in front of us with the check-in line increasing by the minute.
Our room was at the 3rd floor and this hotel being right at a noisy crossroad wasn't as quiet as one would like on a vacation. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem at the higher floors.
They have a small swimming pool and an exercise room and also give away beach chairs to guests.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room which is on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were okay, kind of on the low end. Service was great, people are really nice and try to help you as much as possible. Anything you asked for they came right up and gave it to you. They knew good places to go eat and also had great suggestions on what to visit in the area. They helped get taxis for you and we're very respectful

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros: free breakfast from 6:30-9:30am, one block from the beach, close to many restaurants and bars." The place" is a nice sports bar to go, they have a good selection of beer and they have plantains fries! Delicious! The staff is amazing, they gave us a late check out and kept our luggage safe while we waited for our flight which was at 2:45am! Everyone was very nice.
Cons: they checked us in one hour late, however they have us 2 complimentary drinks at the bar for our trouble. The pool is very small, but satisfactory.

Overall I would stay here again, Iove Puerto Rico and this hotel is a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Jojo 197714,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, definitely our location is the best in San Juan, we are very close to restaurants, tourist areas and entertainment venues. Our staff works hard to make you arrival and departure memorable. For all those visitors who area planning their future visit to Puerto Rico send us an email with your questions and lets us know how we can make your stay more pleasant one, our commitment is that you get in love with this Island. Contact us and we will guarantee the best rate available. Hope to see you soon!

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed with my daughter for five days, the hotel was packed because the long holiday weekend in July but everything was good, the breakfast was very good, there were a lot of people but the employees worked hard to make sure everybody was pleased.
On my next trip I will stay here again. Service and staff were very good too.
Sandra Portalatin, Lakeland, Florida

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned, during the holiday weekend we get many visitors, but we always make the arrangements necessary to provide the best service to our guests. Our breakfast is very popular, not only because it is included, but because we offer many options and variety. Luis Josuan, Daniel and Marie work hard every day to make our guests fell at home. For your future stay, feel free to call me or send me an email at mrivas@condadopalm.com and I will guarantee you the best rate available. Hope to see you soon upon your next visit to Puerto Rico!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a last minute over night stay for me waiting on a connecting flight. I was unsure about the place after reading the reviews but my stay was wonderful! The location is GREAT and is close to everything! There is a Walgreens right across the street, which has about everything you need. The beach is just feet away and many restaurants, bars, and parks all around you! The price was almost half the price of some of the neighboring hotels, what a deal! The staff was AMAZING during my entire stay. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was so friendly and helpful. I had some issues with my credit card at checking in but Antonio was very patient and went out of his way to help me. He even provided dining suggestions and checked on me each time he saw me walk in the door. The hotel is an old building but has been updated and is very nice. My room was bright, very large, clean, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and crisp. The view I had wasn't the greatest, but there was a sliding glass door without a patio to open and feel the beach breeze. It would be amazing if they had a hotel tub or heated pool, but it was still nice that the pool was open all night. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in PR. Thanks again for the help Antonio!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Russ R,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. Regardless of the circumstances, we are glad you found your way to The Condado Palm and were able to experience our staff's firthand. Undoudtedly, our hotel is situated in the best location in San Juan, with countless restaurants and entertainment walking distance and our staff is eager and ready to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Feel free to contact us directly upon your next visit to Puerto Rico so we can set you up with an ocean view room. We look forward to having you back!

Portola Valley, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

One maintenance problem after another

First the positives: the rates are reasonable and the location is good - it's a very short walk to the beach. On an upper level floor the street noise wasn't bad at all.

The beds were a bit below the US average in comfort. The air conditioning control unit seemed to be inactive; there was just an on/off switch on the plug. We alternated between sweating and freezing. The shower water temperature also varied wildly, made worse by the control being worn and difficult to manipulate.

On 7:15 Saturday morning the fire alarm went off and we had to descend 11 flights of stairs. There seemed to be no concern at the front desk and no firemen, but apparently the alarm retriggered, disabling the elevators, so after awhile of watching CNN in the lobby, we climbed back up to the 11th floor.

At 11:30 Sunday night I was awakened by a maintenance worker at the door who spoke only Spanish. He radioed to the front desk for translation and the loud response (which surprisingly did not wake my sleeping wife and stepdaughter) was there was a problem in an adjacent room and a valve in our room had to be checked. I grumpily let the worker in. He left after a minute without turning off the light or closing the door behind him. There was loud laughter in the hallway so I closed the door and went back to bed. I was on the verge of falling back asleep when the phone rang. It was the manager explaining that there was no water in the room next door and that likely we had no water either. I said I'd check that out in the morning, tested the sink faucet (indeed, there was no water), and went back to sleep.

At around 1 am that night, the fire alarm went off again. This time my stepdaughter called the front desk and was told that it was a false alarm.

At 7:40 there was another knock on the door, waking me up. It was the maintenance worker once more. I must have told him to go away because when my wife got up first, around 9, she called the front desk about the lack of water. The worker came up promptly and opened the valve in the closet.

Then there was our room not being made up for two days in a row, apparently because some articles had been left on a bed, but that doesn't really compete with being woken up four times in one night. (I would have communicated via a note under the door during sleeping hours.)

• Stayed August 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Doug,

I would like to convey to you my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I want you to know that your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am sure it will allow us to point out the areas we need to improve. I assure you I will take corrective measures to ensure an experience like yours does not repeat itself. I already met with our Department Heads and discussed your review specifically to look into these matters, since it’s our one goal that every single guest enjoys the Condado Palm experience as we continuously work to enhance our product.

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences you went through and I hope this isolated incident won’t keep you from giving us the chance of making it up to you and win you back in a future stay. Thank you for staying us and for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and providing you with a pleasant and memorable stay.

787-370-1080

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!