“Great staff, great location, can't go wrong” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 47 hotels in San Juan
“Great staff, great location, can't go wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros: free breakfast from 6:30-9:30am, one block from the beach, close to many restaurants and bars." The place" is a nice sports bar to go, they have a good selection of beer and they have plantains fries! Delicious! The staff is amazing, they gave us a late check out and kept our luggage safe while we waited for our flight which was at 2:45am! Everyone was very nice.
Cons: they checked us in one hour late, however they have us 2 complimentary drinks at the bar for our trouble. The pool is very small, but satisfactory.

Overall I would stay here again, Iove Puerto Rico and this hotel is a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Jojo 197714,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, definitely our location is the best in San Juan, we are very close to restaurants, tourist areas and entertainment venues. Our staff works hard to make you arrival and departure memorable. For all those visitors who area planning their future visit to Puerto Rico send us an email with your questions and lets us know how we can make your stay more pleasant one, our commitment is that you get in love with this Island. Contact us and we will guarantee the best rate available. Hope to see you soon!

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed with my daughter for five days, the hotel was packed because the long holiday weekend in July but everything was good, the breakfast was very good, there were a lot of people but the employees worked hard to make sure everybody was pleased.
On my next trip I will stay here again. Service and staff were very good too.
Sandra Portalatin, Lakeland, Florida

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned, during the holiday weekend we get many visitors, but we always make the arrangements necessary to provide the best service to our guests. Our breakfast is very popular, not only because it is included, but because we offer many options and variety. Luis Josuan, Daniel and Marie work hard every day to make our guests fell at home. For your future stay, feel free to call me or send me an email at mrivas@condadopalm.com and I will guarantee you the best rate available. Hope to see you soon upon your next visit to Puerto Rico!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a last minute over night stay for me waiting on a connecting flight. I was unsure about the place after reading the reviews but my stay was wonderful! The location is GREAT and is close to everything! There is a Walgreens right across the street, which has about everything you need. The beach is just feet away and many restaurants, bars, and parks all around you! The price was almost half the price of some of the neighboring hotels, what a deal! The staff was AMAZING during my entire stay. From the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was so friendly and helpful. I had some issues with my credit card at checking in but Antonio was very patient and went out of his way to help me. He even provided dining suggestions and checked on me each time he saw me walk in the door. The hotel is an old building but has been updated and is very nice. My room was bright, very large, clean, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and crisp. The view I had wasn't the greatest, but there was a sliding glass door without a patio to open and feel the beach breeze. It would be amazing if they had a hotel tub or heated pool, but it was still nice that the pool was open all night. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in PR. Thanks again for the help Antonio!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Russ R,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. Regardless of the circumstances, we are glad you found your way to The Condado Palm and were able to experience our staff's firthand. Undoudtedly, our hotel is situated in the best location in San Juan, with countless restaurants and entertainment walking distance and our staff is eager and ready to help you find exactly what you're looking for. Feel free to contact us directly upon your next visit to Puerto Rico so we can set you up with an ocean view room. We look forward to having you back!

Portola Valley, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

One maintenance problem after another

First the positives: the rates are reasonable and the location is good - it's a very short walk to the beach. On an upper level floor the street noise wasn't bad at all.

The beds were a bit below the US average in comfort. The air conditioning control unit seemed to be inactive; there was just an on/off switch on the plug. We alternated between sweating and freezing. The shower water temperature also varied wildly, made worse by the control being worn and difficult to manipulate.

On 7:15 Saturday morning the fire alarm went off and we had to descend 11 flights of stairs. There seemed to be no concern at the front desk and no firemen, but apparently the alarm retriggered, disabling the elevators, so after awhile of watching CNN in the lobby, we climbed back up to the 11th floor.

At 11:30 Sunday night I was awakened by a maintenance worker at the door who spoke only Spanish. He radioed to the front desk for translation and the loud response (which surprisingly did not wake my sleeping wife and stepdaughter) was there was a problem in an adjacent room and a valve in our room had to be checked. I grumpily let the worker in. He left after a minute without turning off the light or closing the door behind him. There was loud laughter in the hallway so I closed the door and went back to bed. I was on the verge of falling back asleep when the phone rang. It was the manager explaining that there was no water in the room next door and that likely we had no water either. I said I'd check that out in the morning, tested the sink faucet (indeed, there was no water), and went back to sleep.

At around 1 am that night, the fire alarm went off again. This time my stepdaughter called the front desk and was told that it was a false alarm.

At 7:40 there was another knock on the door, waking me up. It was the maintenance worker once more. I must have told him to go away because when my wife got up first, around 9, she called the front desk about the lack of water. The worker came up promptly and opened the valve in the closet.

Then there was our room not being made up for two days in a row, apparently because some articles had been left on a bed, but that doesn't really compete with being woken up four times in one night. (I would have communicated via a note under the door during sleeping hours.)

• Stayed August 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Doug,

I would like to convey to you my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I want you to know that your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am sure it will allow us to point out the areas we need to improve. I assure you I will take corrective measures to ensure an experience like yours does not repeat itself. I already met with our Department Heads and discussed your review specifically to look into these matters, since it’s our one goal that every single guest enjoys the Condado Palm experience as we continuously work to enhance our product.

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences you went through and I hope this isolated incident won’t keep you from giving us the chance of making it up to you and win you back in a future stay. Thank you for staying us and for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and providing you with a pleasant and memorable stay.

787-370-1080
St Martin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent location on Condado,
Wifi free,
Our room was at 18th with a beautiful ocean view and Condado, It was a large appartment, with sofa and kitchen,
Breakfast is tiny, but included,
Small swimming pool, but enough to relax,
Service and staff are perfects,
Price really interesting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherbrooke, QC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed there for one nignht pre-cruise with 6 friends (in 3 rooms). The hotel is almost on the beach (only a 2 minute walk) and is close to many restaurants.

The room was well decorated but the bathroom was quite dated. When we went to our room there was no running water. It came back minutes later and didn't cause any problems later on. We had a small balcony (about 2x6 feet) overlooking the pool area. The AC units in all our rooms were freezing us to death! There was no way to turn them off and it was impossible to reorient the vents away from the beds. We had to put a chair with a towel in front of it to deflect the air away from the beds.

The public areas are well decorated and inviting. The breakfast area is large but some people had to go to the pool area or the lobby area because there was too many people at the same time. Breakfast is the usual.

There is a convenience store on the other side of the street and the room has a small refrigerator.

The free wifi worked flawlessly!

Overall, this was worth what we paid for.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great location, 1 block walk to the beach. Great complimentary breakfast. From the SJU airport to the hotel by taxi only costs $18. This area has many restaurants.
- If you want to go to the Old San Juan, only cost $15 by taxi or $0.75 by buses (#21 and #53) around the corner, but you need to have exact change, not taking $1 bill. However, it is not easy to go back to the hotels by buses.
-To El Yunque rain forest, it is better to book a tour (around $88/per person). Hiking shoes are needed if you want to climb to the waterfall areas. You might get wet since it often rains. Beautiful area with diverse trees.
-If you want to go Bio bay, you need to book a tour early since it has limited seats.

The staff at the hotel is amazing, helpful and friendly. We were impressed with the customer service at this hotel. Jon Paul and Damaris were wonderful. We had the room with King size, partial ocean view, microwave and refrigerator, a great deal. We plan to go back since we did not have enough time to go Bio bay and Botanical garden. If we do, we definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!