“Great Location!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Miami, Florida
“Great Location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I came to PR on business and to surf with my college roommate who lives in Purto Rico for a few days and was recommend the the best Western by him.

I gotta say it is a great location, really close to the beach and in the middle of all the fun at the weekends. If you struggle sleeping maybe find a place not so close to the main road as it gets noisy on weekends all through the night.

First issue- The hotel needs to do more in regards to noise from our guests and smoking as all I could smell was people on the balconies and in the hallways smoking. I mentioned it to reception a number of times. Also I must have been staying in the middle of a party as the room above, below and to my left were constantly making noise all night.

Second issue- the parking as I had my friends (who came to visit) car was broken into. I was told they have offsite parking so I had to go around the confusing one way and park at a lot called Magalagna which the hotel backs onto. We woke up early as we were driving to Ricon on the west of the island and we woke to a broken window and some items taken. The parking assistant was no help and after 2 hours the owner (very rude) came and said the cameras were not working due to power outage (So not very helpful) and advised me to claim from the hotels insurance. He was happy to call the police but said they would take hours and he still charged my friend $25 to let him go.

So my advice to the hotel, fit better smoke alarms, thicker walls and fix the guest parking situation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Condado Palm one night prior to our cruise. It was an excellent hotel, and very close to the beach. This hotel was recently renovated; the room was nice but there were places you could tell signs of the renovation. It had rained heavily just before we arrived and there was a wet spot on the carpet by our balcony. I'm assuming the seal between the balcony door and floor was not quite there. Our room was larger than expected and contained a safe, microwave, mini fridge, and other normal hotel amenities.

When we booked online we booked a "partial ocean view." We were surprised to find that our partial view basically amounted to a full ocean view partially blocked by some buildings closer to the beach. The hotel is about a block and a half from the beach, so it is very convenient. Our room was on the 11th floor and we had no issues with street noise. The area the hotel is in felt very safe and is very close to many restaurants.

We were very pleased with the professionalism and knowledge of the staff. The breakfast was good but not excellent, it included: eggs, toast, French toast, cereal, bagels, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. All areas of the hotel were very clean. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, and would definitely return on future visits to San Juan.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Garden Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

from the moment you drive into the driveway, the attractive valet parkers are already greeting you to take your heavy luggage. Then you walk in to check in and the check-in-clerks are amazing!! I was he;ped the first time by Mayra. She is very patient and thourough when she explains everything to you. I received a free upgrade during my stay there because of their promotion. The lobby is beautiful! It has a beautiful fish tank which apparently has $1000 fish it it!! Wow and the amazing clownfish are adorable. There is a business center in the back with 3 computers where you can check your emails or facebook. :) Printing is alo allowed. The pool is appropriate for kids at 1 ft levels and the adult pool goes up to four feet. Not meant for long swims but just wading or mingling with yourloved ones. The beach is walking distance from the Hotel. The Best Western provides beach chairs and towels. In the mornings. they have continental breakfast including sausage or bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, and then your basics. Luis is one of the morning employees helping in the kitchen. I asked for Honey once and they did not have any yet in the kitchen, so he offered to out and buy it for me next door! Wow..talk about customer oriented and sweet. The night auditors are Herman and Antonio. Wow, they make sire everything is in order and checkins run smoothley. People are calling constantly for silly requests such as sheets, towels, extra beds, and these guys take care of it asap. Carlos was excellent in allowing me to rebook rooms at cheapers deals...He is a super kind man. I can tell he loves his job so it comes natural to him. Osmel, Chimes, and Raiza have all been extremely accomodatiing. Hats of to them!! Their security guards are also very protective and making sure theire is nothing fishy going on at all times. I loveit here...they treat me like family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was excellent! Mayra was exceptionally helpful in finding us the best tours, car rental and sightseeing spots. I hope Mayra will be there next time we come back because she has wonderful hospitality.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

While spending several post cruise days enjoying San Juan we had the good fortune to stay at this hotel, renovated this February. From the young doorman who handled our bags to Mayra at the front desk everyone was cordial and efficient our room on the ninth floor was spacious with a new king size bed and attractive furnishings including a minifridge and microwave. It even had a balcony, where if you craned your neck you can see the beach. There's an attractive small pool, a kid's pool and a great area for catching the sun. The business center and free printer made it easy to print boarding passes for our return trip. Mayra at the front desk suggested very economical ways to tour old San Juan by catching a cab or bus to the bus station in Old San Juan and then taking one of two free trolleys to see historic landmarks like El Morro. She even called a cab for us which got us to the airport on time. I might add that when the bellman was off someone from the front desk even came up and got our luggage down. Who could ask for anything more!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are not the same size so ask for one on an upper floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in PR really late around 3:30am, I was worried being so late I wouldn't be able to check in but I called ahead and they were understanding. They said not to worry, they would be waiting for me and they were. As soon as I got to the hotel they knew who I was, most important I felt safe and welcomed. The room was clean, comfortable bed and the view was pretty awesome! A definite bang for your buck. Great location just a block away from the beach, literally 5min walk. Also great restaurants around.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Edwardsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel (especially Antonio Rosado). Extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean. We were in 704 which is right off the elevator and on a floor without an ice machine. I was worried about noise from the elevator, but this wasn't a problem. The noise came from the patio door. Not much of a problem if you turn your AC to a decent temp and then keep the fan on all night. The only issue I really had was one of the front desk ladies told me the parking lot in the back accepted credit cards and they do NOT! The parking was sort of confusing. Due to almost missing a plane I did not have cash and was forced to re-park and walk down to the bank. An inconvenience, but a learning experience and not having cash on hand was completely my fault. Walgreens is right across the street and the beach is just a block away! Breakfast was wonderful. Eggs and either sausage or bacon everyday and pastries/bagels/cereal and yogurt/waffles some days. Elevators are a bit slow, but very quiet and the beds were a bit too firm for my liking, but I would definitely stay here again. Although I didn't use the fitness room it looked to be pretty decently equipped. The pool area was nice, but had to ask for towels. Bonus is that towels are provided at front dest to take to the beach!

Room Tip: Ice machines are on floors 5,8, and I think 11. I believe all the rooms that end in "04"...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!