“Nice hotel.. A few faults” 4 of 5 stars

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Ave. Condado, San Juan 00908, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in San Juan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
NewYork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have mixed emotions about this hotel. Beware of hidden fees and Puerto Rico's hotel tax is extreme! I stayed in a room with a balcony on the 4th floor that over looked a wallgreens. I requested a room on a higher floor prior to my arrival and my request was not accomadated. also, the walls are very thin so becareful of what u do and say! On the up side of things, the free breakfast was satisfying. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries were great. The location was pretty convenient to a lot of the excitement, but don't look for peace and quiet at this location. There is always something going on... I would'nt stay here again but overall Puerto Rico was a beautiful experience and i will return many times just to a better hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beginning with the front desk they where nice and helpful in all shifts, Myrna , Ricardo and the other one (sorry I don't remember his name) The Hotel is modern and very clean, the room was perfectly clean, and the breakfast was very good, waffles, french toast, cereals, scramble eggs, coffe, juice, pastries, and much more, everything GOOD!!!
Sandra Portalatin

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in 6 nights from April 28 to May 4. The hotel is in the process of being renovated. The breakfast is a very good free hotel breakfast. I agree with others who have commented on the friendly staff. The pool is small and what appears to be a hot tub is actually a wading pool for children. Since the hotel is in Condado and just off a busy street, I can see problems for a light sleeper. Overall, you probably can't find a better value in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful especially Myrna. I appreciate her giving us her insight and suggestions on were to go to eat and get around Old San Juan. The lobby and outside of the hotel were very nice but I was disappointted with the up keep of the room. And the tv lost signal on most of the channels except for the news at night. Also they dont have a hot tub but it said it did online smh. Lastly, I was disappointted with the breakfast compared to what I am used to at other Best Westerns.. Not sure if I would return. I felt bad because I suggested this hotel to my bffs and family and they wasn't happy either..

• Stayed May 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
MsWalker703,

I hope all is well with you. Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay. The hot tub part was an information error on the website that we fixed (it’s actually a Kid’s Pool, but this change took some time to reflect on some Online Travel Agents websites. Please know that we greatly appreciate you sharing this with us. It is our mission that all our guests are 100% satisfied with our product, and that includes guestroom appearance, amenities, breakfast and overall service. I assure you we will work very hard on all this and hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to win you back in a future stay.

Respectfully,

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787-370-1080
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the day before our cruise. Most of the taxi drivers do not know where it is but if you tell them it used to be the Diamond Palace, they'll know it right away. When I told our taxi driver Diamond Palace he said right away "Oh, the Condado Dump". Apparently this is what the Diamond Palace used to be called before it was bought out and it was closed for 2 years while it was being renovated and had just reopened this year. Our check in was very quick and painless and the front desk staff was very courteous. When we got to our room, the bathroom light was not working and when I called it in the maintenance guy was there within 5 minutes and replaced the bulb. The free Breakfast was good with plenty of variety. The beach is just a block away. There is a Walgreens right in front of the hotel and when you get to the corner, you can turn either right or left and there are plenty of restaurants, shoppes and casinos to enjoy. It is in the center of everything. The room was perfect and it even had a safe and the free WiFi signal was very strong. Noise and safety was not an issue at all as there was plenty of police presence in the area. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in San Juan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from 4/11-4/15 in celebration of my birthday. Upon entering, I was greeted with smiles and pleasantries...which continued throughout my stay. My booking agent had informed them about it being my bday, so I was upgraded to a suite; but about the hotel itself. It stayed immaculate, the courtesy breakfast was tasty with lots to choose from, the beach is literally a block's walk away and you're surrounded by great restaurants. Every tour that I arranged picked me up and dropped me off at the door, so safety wasn't an issue. If you are looking for plush....this isn't the place to stay, but if you want comfort, convenience and an easy vacation, it's perfect.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!