“Good value in a popular area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #11 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Wisconsin
“Good value in a popular area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in 6 nights from April 28 to May 4. The hotel is in the process of being renovated. The breakfast is a very good free hotel breakfast. I agree with others who have commented on the friendly staff. The pool is small and what appears to be a hot tub is actually a wading pool for children. Since the hotel is in Condado and just off a busy street, I can see problems for a light sleeper. Overall, you probably can't find a better value in this area.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful especially Myrna. I appreciate her giving us her insight and suggestions on were to go to eat and get around Old San Juan. The lobby and outside of the hotel were very nice but I was disappointted with the up keep of the room. And the tv lost signal on most of the channels except for the news at night. Also they dont have a hot tub but it said it did online smh. Lastly, I was disappointted with the breakfast compared to what I am used to at other Best Westerns.. Not sure if I would return. I felt bad because I suggested this hotel to my bffs and family and they wasn't happy either..

• Stayed May 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
MsWalker703,

I hope all is well with you. Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay. The hot tub part was an information error on the website that we fixed (it’s actually a Kid’s Pool, but this change took some time to reflect on some Online Travel Agents websites. Please know that we greatly appreciate you sharing this with us. It is our mission that all our guests are 100% satisfied with our product, and that includes guestroom appearance, amenities, breakfast and overall service. I assure you we will work very hard on all this and hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to win you back in a future stay.

Respectfully,

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787-370-1080
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the day before our cruise. Most of the taxi drivers do not know where it is but if you tell them it used to be the Diamond Palace, they'll know it right away. When I told our taxi driver Diamond Palace he said right away "Oh, the Condado Dump". Apparently this is what the Diamond Palace used to be called before it was bought out and it was closed for 2 years while it was being renovated and had just reopened this year. Our check in was very quick and painless and the front desk staff was very courteous. When we got to our room, the bathroom light was not working and when I called it in the maintenance guy was there within 5 minutes and replaced the bulb. The free Breakfast was good with plenty of variety. The beach is just a block away. There is a Walgreens right in front of the hotel and when you get to the corner, you can turn either right or left and there are plenty of restaurants, shoppes and casinos to enjoy. It is in the center of everything. The room was perfect and it even had a safe and the free WiFi signal was very strong. Noise and safety was not an issue at all as there was plenty of police presence in the area. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in San Juan.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from 4/11-4/15 in celebration of my birthday. Upon entering, I was greeted with smiles and pleasantries...which continued throughout my stay. My booking agent had informed them about it being my bday, so I was upgraded to a suite; but about the hotel itself. It stayed immaculate, the courtesy breakfast was tasty with lots to choose from, the beach is literally a block's walk away and you're surrounded by great restaurants. Every tour that I arranged picked me up and dropped me off at the door, so safety wasn't an issue. If you are looking for plush....this isn't the place to stay, but if you want comfort, convenience and an easy vacation, it's perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upcharged us for our booked in advanced rooms. They do not have pillow top beds as advertised. They do not have room safes as advertised. If you enjoy other people's hair in your shower, then stay here. Hair and ring around the tub indicated that it hadn't been cleaned in a while. Gave us a room that was occupied. Made us wait 2 hours to sort out their room confusion. Second room did not have a chain on the door and had lots of carpet stains. All the photos are from the second room that the manager guaranteed us was spotless as he just inspected it. I would highly recommend that you spend your money elsewhere. Parking is $15 per day in addition to your room rate. There are lots of other options in Condado. This location is less than 1 block from Condado beach. There is vibrant night life here for those of you are into the party scene all night long. It was noisy all night Saturday night even on the 10th floor through 4 am. We stay in Best Western because we expect a clean room. My wife has cleaned rooms for Best Western for 20+ years and understands the standards quite well. Maybe the Caribbean has its own quality standards, but they are well below the standards we have come to expect.

Room Tip: Higher floors don't protect you from the noise of the street below.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear FMCAT:

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the service issues that affected your stay at our Hotel. We take pride on managing The Condado Palm and delivering service that exceeds the industry norms. It was disheartening to learn that this was not the case during your stay. l will like the opportunity to personally apologize and discuss these issues in depth, please kindly provide a telephone number where you can be reached.

Please be assured that your negative experience at our hotel is completely unacceptable and we will take corrective measures to improve our quality of cleaning and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back so that we may extend our hospitality to you under more pleasant circumstances.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, comfy, good location, good price-nice shampoo plenty of tv channels in English and Spanish - nearby restaurants-parking and easy taxi service-basic help your self breakfast to get the day started

Room Tip: Do a southern side-beach view.i liked the shampoo products.there isa 24hour Walgreens across the str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Worthington, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has so much potential. First, it has a pretty good location. A nice beach area is a block away; there are plenty of bars, and restaurants in a close proximity; Walgreens for your miscellaneous needs across the street. We were able to upgrade to a suite for a reasonable price and The view from our Ocean View room was not bad at all. Then there's the bad stuff. For a recently upgraded hotel there are a number of minor cosmetic defects: hasty looking paint jobs, cheap carpet and furniture. Free breakfast is nice, but unimpressive. There are homes here in Ohio with larger pools than what this hotel has. You will here street noise from outside until late (didn't bother me that much, but alcohol helped). But that's just the hotel's overall ambiance and it didn't get better. After we got to our room and unpacked, we soon found out that our toilet was repeatedly clogging, and there was no hot water in the shower. When the hotel was unable to fix the problem, we were moved to another room. The new room initially seemed satisfactory (higher floor, better view), but then we discovered that the toilet handle would not work, and the air conditioner ended up breaking. Not so awesome. Staff was generally sympathetic and tried their best to resolve issues, but the issues just kept coming faster than they could handle them. Also be advised that this hotel is not "full service" so there is no room service if you get hungry late at night or simply want to have breakfast in your room.

Room Tip: Go with a suite, it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!