“fresh with great location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Brick, New Jersey
“fresh with great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just opened and new near the beach -one block- and very centric (a bit noisy due to the central location) near the Condado Beach 'scene' where celebrities stay > good rates vs.nearby name hotels. Many choices for restaurants/shop and other stuff. Gr8 value, enjoy!

Room Tip: $10/day for safe-secure parking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went for a mini vacations (celebrating my husband graduation and our 17th wedding anniversary).
When I made the reservation back end of February, I was scare that by the time come the hotel was not ready, I called every two weeks to verify if they were open already and by March 27 they were open.. uff what a relieve.
I read all the previous reviews and I said to myself.. Good decision. I just came from three EXPECTACULAR nights at the hotel. I emailed Saicha Robles (excellent customer service from this girl) requesting a bottle of champagne and they provide me with a bottle of very nice wine and beautiful room with a unique view in the 15th floor room 1509, I can complaint.
Breakfast it is not a continental breakfast it is a full hot breakfast with scramble, bacon, waffle.. Delicious
I have to give special thanks to OMEL SANTA (front office manager) and SAICHA ROBLES.
Keep the good work.

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel for two nights in San Juan and we did not want to pay a fortune. Our main activity in San Juan was to tour Old San Juan so we did not need beach access since that was not in our plans. The hotel is a block from the beach but we never ventured over. The hotel is located in an urban touristy area. The Walgreens across the street will allow you to buy anything and everything you forgot to bring with you. It is urban with some homeless people on the sidewalk and numerous police patrolling the area. The traffic and street noise continues long after midnight which made sleeping difficult. Bring earplugs or ask for a room that does not face the street. Our room with a single queen bed was small but there was lots of storage room for our luggage in the area containing the microwave and refrigerator. The room was in good condition since it was recently renovated. Breakfast could use improvement. The kitchen staff seemed unable to keep up with demand and things like juice, silverware, muffins, yogurt, syrup etc were constantly running out. Some fruit such as bananas or melon would have been nice. Overall, it was fine for a night or two but I would not choose this hotel or the Condado neighborhood for a week long stay.

• Stayed April 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear baedteeth,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences; it is really useful for us as it helps to identify areas of improvement. Regarding your comments about the breakfast, rest assured that your comments will be addressed, since all our efforts are committed to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

We will more that glad to assist you hen your travel plans bring you back to Puerto Rico.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites in San Juan before our cruise out of Puerto Rico and after our cruise ended for a couple of nights.

I picked the Hotel because they had a reasonable rate and they were close to the port we were cruising out of on Royal Caribbean and they were also close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Our first night, they upgraded us to an ocean view suite at no additional charge.

We had an ocean view and while the hotel is not directly on the beach front, it was a nice view and the walk to the beach was just a couple of short blocks. On our return, we had a partial ocean view room and it was still very spacious and had a great view. The hotel was recently remodeled very nicely and had a decent free breakfast included in the stay.

The main street had lots going on with many restaurants, pubs, bars, outdoor cafes, etc... The hotel was conveniently centrally located within walking distance of everything. The front desk was most helpful with getting us a cab, suggesting a restaurant and information on various tourist sites. They are also along a bus line so if you choose to save a few bucks and take the bus around, the bus stop is within 1 block.

I would stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel in a good location at a great rate!

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has spacious rooms but beware of resort fees and other issues. Overall this hotel is in a good location. We were surprised at the checkout when they told us that they have hotel tariff fees of 18% which were not communicated to us by Orbitz or the hotel staff before checking in. There was also a major water outage for over 24hrs that hotel could not resolve which was a major inconvenience. Also, in order to have our room cleaned we had to remind a couple of times after hours because no one cleaned the room during the day.

Room Tip: There is the best place for dinner called "Di Parma Trattoria" restaurant on Ashford Avenu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar T, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of our entire Staff we want to apologize for the water outage that affected our guests recently. I assure you we focused all our efforts in resolving that situation as quickly as we possibly could and because of that, we will be implementing a bigger and better cistern system for this not to be an issue anymore. We have also made Orbitz aware of the fact that we need them to publish all rate and tax information at the time of booking.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you in a future stay.

At your service,

Omar Torres
787-516-4661
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked last minute because my flights had been delayed so I missed my last connection. The room was clean, the bathroom was not great, the staff was friendly. I thought it was close to the airport but it is a $20 cab ride each way so for the few hours I was there it was not great value, I should have chosen the BW at the airport. I have never stayed in San Juan before so I do not know how it compares to other hotels in the area. I was surprised to pay as much as I would pay in Canada for not as nice a place as I would have found in Canada but that may be the norm there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!