“Genuine fisherman and memorable fishing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 83 activities in San Juan
Type: Water sports
Attraction Details
Guadalajara
“Genuine fisherman and memorable fishing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in Puerto Rico for a wedding, as part of the wedding. Surrounded by so much water, I had to go fishing. I had one day free, after all left Puerto Rico.

I have been fishing since I was a little girl.... in rivers, lakes, and oceans,. I have been consistently deep sea fishing for the past 13 years. Because I would be busy with wedding activities, I contacted several tours and captains, in advance, for availability, type of fishing, and prices. Typically, I do not contact fishing tours because they tend to be overpriced and extravagant, more so for the appeal to tourists rather than for the enjoyment of fishing. Capt. Paco Mendez understood that I enjoy fishing through our conversations.

As expected, I was too busy to contact him while in Puerto Rico until the very last minute. Unfortunately,he was booked until after my departure. What impressed me is that he found a way for me to fish with a fellow captain and his boat. In fact, he set up a way for me to be picked up (which saved me money and time). He made it happen and as usual, I caught fish....even better, more than I expected.

Capt. Paco Mendez is a personable and genuine fisherman. When I return, I will definitely contact him. I recommend him to others who simply enjoy fishing and all others who want a great fishing experience.

Visited May 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“the only guy I'll fish with in PR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I first went fishing with Paco 3 years ago and i was hooked. you wont find a friendlier guy for a captain/guide wich in my opinion is important to having a good trip. Paco isnt happy unless his clients are catching alot of fish. ive done both of the trips he offers (tarpon and peacocks) and both times had great success ( a 100 lb tarpon and peacocks pushing ten lbs). bottom line if your in PR Paco is the man to see hes affordable and hes the best.

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great fishing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Truly a great experience with Capt. Paco Mendez. We booked for both the peacock bass and tarpon tours and caught 37 peacocks and ten jaguars in the 5-10 pound range. Beautiful scenery, we enjoyed every minute.

Visited May 2013
Grimsby, Canada
“Peacock bass fishing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I were fortunate to have recently got back from our Peacock bass fishing trip. My boys absolutely loved it! We caught a few Peacock Bass, a bunch of Jaguars and Red Devils and the action was constant. We would highly recommend this to anyone as it is a once in a lifetime experience!

Visited April 2013
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
“tarpon fishing in san juan,puerto rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been fishing with Paco for 4 years. Paco has been fishing these waters since he was 3 years old and has extreme knowledge of the waters and what bait to use at different times of the year. I like live lining for tarpon, but for those interested in fly fishing, Paco has experience in that also. I have fished in others places in the world for tarpon, but Puerto Rico is my favorite. The changes of catching 150lber or greater are very high. I have also had tremendous success on peacock bass, but truthfully prefer the powerful runs and acrobatics that only tarpon can provide.Let's not forget the snook that are present also. I love the tranquility of the back water mangroves and the ever present wildlife. If you are heading to Puerto Rico and want to do some fishing I highly recommend calling Paco-Peacock Bass and Tarpon Tours at 787-364-6000.I recommend calling ahead to reserve a spot because they fill up fast. I am already planning for my next trip in 2014 with Paco. His prices are competitive, he will treat like family, and YOU WILL CATCH FISH!!!! Paco has become more than a guide over the years, he is a good trustworthy friend.

Visited April 2013