“Good food very pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Good food very pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate here with our two children. The atmosphere was nice. The bar area was very nicely done. The lights are dim and its a more calm place to eat. Nice casual attire is fine. There are no smaller meals for children. So our two shared a plate of chicken and rice. They weren't impressed. I had mofongo and beef. It was a beautiful dish. The flavors were rich, savoury, and sweat. I liked the dish but it was a bit too rich for my taste. It was difficult to finish without sips of water. My husband had the cornish hen. He enjoyed it. We also had an app and two drinks. Both were good but nothing special. The price was the only real disapointment. We often eat at establishments in this price range, so it wasn't sticker shock. It just thought the food we ate cheaper elsewhere was better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Nashua, NH
“Amazing experience! A must while in Puerto Rico!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just finished dinner at Casa Lola and had to write a review immediately! First off, our waiters Mario (and Pedro - can't recall if i got his name correctly) was excellent; he made the dining experience truly fantastic! He recommended all phenomenal choices, which included the House Sangria which had tamarind and the Mofongo with three types of meat, both of which were delicious. The rice and beans with the Casa Lola hot sauce was to die for! After dinner my husband and I were completely stuffed but could not pass on dessert, I got the creme brulee trio and my husband got the fried bread pudding - both the best we have ever had (Note: I am extremely particular about creme brulee and have a high standard for quality). Woukd definitely recommend saving room for dessert!

Casa Lola was phenomenal and I would highly recommend to anyone who wants amazing food and a great dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best meals, period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife, son and I went to this restaurant twice on a recent vacation. Twice because the first visit was so fantastic. Between us, my wife is a veggie no fish, so eating out is always a challenge for her
The standard vegetable plate or pasta and vegetables just does not cut it at most restaurants. Its lazy

Her only success tends to be Indian

Quote about Casa Lola Vegetarian Mofungo
Wife-This is the nicest Vegetarian Entree ever
Me-Over Indian
Wife-Yes

White Sangrai good
My son (15 and promised to try new things ) and I also had the Apetizer Beef carpachio.....yummy

Hope to see you again in 2014

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Authentic Puerto Rican cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Pricier than some of the other restaurants along Ashford Avenue, but well worth it. Darkish, romantic, beautiful view of the water, also good for large groups. Full of locals-- which shows the food is authentic and delicious. The menu has all sorts of delights with a Puerto Rican spin. We especially enjoyed the filet mignon on garlic bread, with local veggies and seasonings, and the creme brulee trio. One of the two best meals we had on the island (the other was at "311," a French place in Old San Juan.) Come here!!!

sarasota
“lola esta buena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate last saturday at Casa Lola in Condado in San Juan-----the food was good and the place is nice --the Sangria was excellent----the only drawback is the prices are high----the bill for my wife and I with the tip was about $146.00

• 4 of 5 stars Food