“The best hotel in San Juan - informative and accommodating staff and very clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciqala Luxury Suites

You added Ciqala Luxury Suites to your Saves list
Ciqala Luxury Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   752 Manuel Fernandez Juncos Ave. | Puerto Rico, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband and I just came back home yesterday (so unfortunate) because we would have loved to stay longer in this awesome hotel. We booked the presidential suite through expedia 3 weeks before we decided to go on vacation and I'm glad we did. From the hospitable reception we received, free hotel parking, accommodating staff, friendly workers, complimentary home cooked breakfast every day and two dinners a week (don't forget about the glass of wine/beer), and to top it off a awesome room that once we were done for the day we kept calling it home. The presidential suite 201 is really spacious and nice. Very clean, full kitchen, modern furniture, laundry room and a bathroom with a roman tub what's not to love. The hotel was centrally located and as one reviewer mentioned - try to rent a car and see the rest of the island. Thank you to all the staff members that helped me find excursions and answer all my questions - Joe and April

Room Tip: Presidential suite 201
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear April C,

We were very honored having you as our guests and really appreciate you choosing our hotel during your vacation in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay so much that you wanted to stay longer and that our team members exceeded your expectations with great services and attention. We are also happy to read that you were able to enjoy of all services that we have included to enhance our guests experience as well as that you were able to explore around and notice that our hotel is centrally located within minutes away from all main local attractions.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon. Thanks so much for taking of your precious time to share your experience in this review.

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Newark, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Where do I begin... I've never been so happy with the service and staff at a hotel then I was here. From the very beginning it was an AMAZING experience! My Husband and I were greeted by Supervisor Sandra Cruz! (Oh Sandy you are the best of the best)! Sandra was such a delight and very welcoming, she talked to us often and made our stay pleasurable. One day we were in need of at least 4 stamps and Sandra had no problem with giving us a few of her own personal stamps. Sandra even went the extra mile to mail out our postcards when she went home later that evening... (Yes all of my post cards arrived to NJ) We were in Puerto Rico to attend my Brothers wedding at the LaConcha which Sandra told me she had worked there as well at one point. We saved a lot of $ by staying here over the LaConcha and we rented a vehicle and still came out saving. The free breakfast at the Hotel is a nice touch as well as the free dinner two nights a week. They also offer a free glass of beer/wine each night on the ........ The room was #802 and just what we needed a beautiful studio apartment. They offer a $5 per day credit that you can receive on the items you use in the mini fridge if you pass on room cleaning. The items in the mini fridge were a great price so I took advantage of that offer. We even got to meet the General Manager Lola she came to check in on us while we were having breakfast one morning. The roof top pool that they're building was still being worked on while I was there and I was actually on the floor that the workers came through to do the work; I never heard any noise so that wasn't a probably for us. Also while here I had the privilege of using the Presidential Suite for a night its where my Brother had his 3 Man Bachelor Party... BEAUTIFUL Room! As I stated I had a vehicle during my stay at this property so it allowed me to check out a lot of places that I wanted to visit. Everything seems to be pretty close to drive to but not close enough to walk to. Parking was never an issue at the hotel or at different places that I visited. Please if you plan to drive and would like to visit the Bacardi Factory, drive yourself its FREE don't pay that silly excursion price. Lastly this is a place for singles, couple, and or families it's off the beaten path but its nothing to get a cab and if you rented a vehicle even better it was a pleasure to drive around Puerto Rico. I can't wait to return with my children and then I will definitely take advantage of the perk of having a kitchen!

Room Tip: The two rooms that I visited were both clean, quiet, cool! Nothing at all to complain about.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Chidesha,

Thank you so much for taking of your time to share this review. It was an honor to be the hotel of your choice during your visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are very happy to read that you were able to enjoy of all services that we have included to enhance our guests experience and that you were able to explore around and notice about our strategic location. It is always a pleasure to read about our team members exceeding expectations, customer service is our main commitment and we are very pleased to read that our Supervisor Sandra and General Manager Lola made your stay even more enjoyable.

We are very excited to read that you will be coming back and we look forward to welcoming you back home soon. Once again, thanks so much for your review.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I totally forgot to write a review after staying here this past january. I was looking into staying here again this january before a cruise. It was a perfect start to our honeymoon :) We are planning to do almost the same thing for our 1 year anniversary. We didnt even say it was our honeymoon they had just actually read the notes that i put into the booking, and automatically upgraded us to the penthouse suite. The breakfast was good, the location is ok. I am a travel agent for AAA and am going to 100% recommend this hotel to everyone! Thank you so much for a memorable and amazing start to our honeymoon! we CERTAINLY will be back in January!

Room Tip: the views arent really awesome from any room, but the actual rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea D,

It was an honor having you as our guests. We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your honeymoon getaway in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as breakfast every morning and our lovely views of Miramar. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to our client, we deeply appreciate it.

We are very happy to read that you will be back again in January to celebrate your first anniversary with us and we truly look forward to welcoming you back home and making sure your stay is a memorable one again. Thanks so much for sharing your review.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We only stayed one night at Ciqala but were very pleasantly surprised at how lovely it is! Our room was 801. It was spacious and nicely decorated and the bathroom was fantastic. The kitchen was well equipped also. The concierge on check in was so helpful and gave us two recommendations for dinner. We chose Casita Miramar, which was conveniently within walking distance, and had a fabulous meal there. Our problems were two fold. One, the noise from the elevator was very disturbing and we basically had a sleepless night. I will say that when my husband mentioned this upon checkout, the staff dealt with it very professionally. Two, our breakfast experience was a Sunday morning and it was extremely busy. While the food was good and the choices were impressive, we were worried about missing our flight, since it took over an hour to have breakfast. Possibly, more staff is needed for busy weekend days. Overall, we did enjoy the hotel and would return. We would definitely request a room away from the elevators however!

Room Tip: As far from elevator as possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Slhild7170,

Thanks so much for choosing our hotel as the place to stay during your one night stay with your couple in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to read that you had an excellent experience at the suggested restaurant as well as that our team members exceeded your expectations with excellent and professional service as part of our main commitment. In regards to your breakfast experience, it may have being the morning that not all kitchen members did not show to work, we apologize for the delay.

We look forward to having the honor to welcoming you back home soon. Thanks so much for your review.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We just came back from our vacation in Puerto Rico. We had room 202 which was great size. The bed is very comfortable as well living room couch and dining room. Kitchen is amazing. Its fully equipped with top of the line appliances. We didnt cook however if you plan on cooking there is everything you need. Breakfast is delicious made to order. We tried complimentary guest dinner on both nights (Tue and Thu) and it was very good!. The location is great. Short cab ride from the airport. We didn't want to stay in touristy part of town and it worked great. We didnt rent a car as we wanted to explore and walked everywhere or took a bus. Beach is about 30 min walk or short ride by bus. Bus is $0.75. There is convinience store open 24h right next to CIQUALA which we found very convinient. There is quite a few good restaurants within 5-10min walk, Pueblos supermarket. We took bus to old San Juan which takes you from bus stop across the street from CIQUALA to Old San Juan. We also took bus and a train to Rio Pedras local market where we tried some amazing fruits and vegetables. Staff is amazing. Thank you to all of you. Daniel made sure we had everything we needed and even kept dinner ready for us even though we arrived late at night. Natasha concierge helped us organize our excursions (snorkeling and rainforest). GM Lola was very helpful and would make sure our stay was perfect. Would check with us everyday during breakfast. Really the BEST customer service. The infinity pool should be ready at the end of September. Definitely would come back! Highly reccomend

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Milii,

We appreciate you taking of your precious time to share your experience in this review. We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your visit to Puerto Rico. We are very happy to read that you and your couple had an great stay with us, it is also great to read that you were able to enjoy of all services that we have added to enhance our guests experience and that you were able to explore around, and notice how close we are from all main local attractions as well as riding by bus to our very well-known local market at Rio Piedras. It is always an honor to read about our team members exceeding our guests expectations, we love to make everyone feel at home as part of our main commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you back home very soon and to have the Infinity Edge pool ready for your enjoyment. Once again, thanks so much for your review.

Coweta, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed August 1-3 at this hotel. When we arrived we asked about the tropical storm we had heard about on the plane. Lola the manager made us feel that all precautions had been taken just in case the storm materialized. The room we had was 701 right across from the fitness center. We found the room very quiet the first night. We didn't even hear the people eating breakfast which is right outside your door. The second night a couple showed up in 702 and slammed the door several times late that night and also talked very loudly. Not really the hotels fault for rude, inconsiderate people.
Breakfast was great and the ladies worked very hard. We tipped them each morning because we felt they went above and beyond. The room was super clean and the everyone was so nice. Lola an Trisha(I think was her name) made you feel like you were family. The night that Bertha the tropical storm was suppose to hit they made dinner for all the guest so we would not have to get out if we didn't want to. It was great! The guy working there(I did not catch his name) worked very hard with serving dinner and making sure everyone was happy. He also had to show us how to work our TV remote.
I highly recommend this hotel. It is not in the best area, but transportation is easy to get. They are building something up the street and there is another vacant lot not far from this hotel so maybe they will build something and the area will thrive.
Thanks Lola! Our stay with you was exceptional!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear 1gardengirl,

Thanks so much for taking of your time to share your review with us. We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are very honored to read that our team and General Manager Lola exceed your expectations with great services and attention as well as that you felt safe and at home during the expected hurricane. We are very sorry to read about your experience with your second night’s next door neighbors, we have notes on adding a sign asking everyone staying on that floor to have consideration with their neighbors and close the door quietly. What we are building is our infinity edge pool, a new facility to be added in an effort to enhance our guests experience which is expected to be ready in October this year.

In regards to our area, Miramar is the second historic zone in downtown San Juan. As part of our history, all buildings and structures are kept as original under proper restoration and the local police constantly monitors the area to keep it safe. We are glad to read that you had an exceptional stay and truly look forward to welcoming you back home soon. Once again, thanks so much for your review.

Warmest regards.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hello Adam and I stayed here for our honeymoon for 4 nights and the hotel was very nice, I can't wait to see it when the pool is done. They are doing a roof top pool which should be finished around October. I think this will be a big plus. Our only complaint and the biggest downfall is the noise level in the hotel. You can hear everything happening, even the parties from the streets. All the doors close very loudly on all the floors. I would recommended for people to stay here. BUT if you are sleeping in do not stay on level SP the weight room can be noisy even with the door close and breakfast is loud especially if you have bad neighbors that leave the door to the rooms open. Maybe staff can work on putting a sign up that says please close door behind you (quietly) or have staff check and close it i while breakfast is going on. Lola was very helpful and accommodating (a great person) and there was also a girl on night shift on our stay Sunday night (I don't remember her name) but she was awesome!!! If were to come back to San Juan we would consider staying there again, maybe just a better room with less sound coming from all around.
Amanda and Adam Gilroy

Room Tip: The SP level is to loud and not very cozy, it is like you are sharing your experience with everyone...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Amanda and Adam,

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your honeymoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our Infinity edge pool will be an additional facility that we are adding to enhance our guests experiences and following all guests comments requesting a pool on our premises. In regards to noises on our SP Floor, we have taken notes and will be adding a sign asking all guest to kindly close the door that access to the rooms very quietly.

We are very honored to read that our team and General Manager Lola exceeded your expectations with great services. all guests are very important to us and we enjoy making everyone feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back home soon. Thanks so much for your review.

Management Team

Been to Ciqala Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!