“When good service just won't do, expect GREAT service here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciqala Luxury Suites

You added Ciqala Luxury Suites to your Saves list
Ciqala Luxury Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   752 Manuel Fernandez Juncos Ave. | Miramar, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Arlington, Texas, United States
“When good service just won't do, expect GREAT service here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed in total 6 weeks at Ciqala between two separate stays. My family began our first 4 week stay August 2012 at La Concha where we stayed for one week. While the hotel was nice, Ciqala was more comfortable and the staff was FAR more courteous and friendly. The breakfast is excellent with a lot of variety and the Tuesday and Thursday dinners are delicious. The location is close to Condado (short walk) and Old San Juan (short taxi ride). I travel to PR frequently and will not even consider staying anywhere else. Thank you Ciqala staff! I know I will miss someone but a special thanks to Olga, Glen, Lola, Ricardo, and Richard!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Jamie,

Thank you so much taking of your precious time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are currently in a search for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and are more than happy to know that you as most of our guests enjoyed while staying with us and all values that we have added to enhance our guest’s experience. We are also delighted to read that you were able to experience going to the nearby attraction located within walking distance as well as going to the ones located within minutes drive.

Our team is committed to providing the highest level of service for our guests as well as exceeding their expectations and this is why we love to deliver the best quality of service in San Juan. We will be honored to welcome you back at your home away from home in San Juan. Once again, thanks so much for your review!

CIQALA Luxury Home Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Slocum, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Ciqala Suites in December 2012. Although they are quite expensive, it was very nice to stay in such a beautiful room. The suites are more like an apartment than a hotel. They have full kitchens, a large living area, a dining area, and ours had a balcony with a table and chairs. The suites are not located in the best area, so it is best to have a rental car. We were able to tour much of the island and then come home to a luxurious suite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear GWPAUN,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and review with us and other travelers who are currently searching for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our services as well as amenities. In regards to our location, Miramar is the second historic area here in San Juan; as part of our history, the buildings structures are kept as original. Some of the attractions are within walking distance as well as others are within minutes driving such as all the main attractions at Old San Juan as you said on your comment.

Our team is committed to providing the highest level of service and stay for our guests and this is why we love to deliver the best quality of service in San Juan. We also take this opportunity to invite you to continue visiting us on your next trips to Puerto Rico, we will be more than honored to welcome you back at your home away from home in the enchanted island. Once again, thanks so much for your review!

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for X-mas 2012. We had a fantastic time and hope to be able to return to Ciqala in the future. The suite was spacious, really roomy, very well appointed, truly luxurious, modern and beautiful. The young people who work there are so friendly and nice. They make every effort to help. Needless to say, everything is spotless. Yes, the workers told us not to take walks in the area right of Ciqala, and there was no need to be there, really. We had a car and were free to explore the island and the city, which are are beautiful. We went grocery shopping to the nearby supermarket. We went to Luquilla beach a few times, drove to Arecibo, saw the Botanical Garden and the Museum of Art, located in an amazingly beautiful new building. Coming "home" to Ciqala felt great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Ithacan,

Thank you so much taking of your time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are currently in a search for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was a pleasure to have you and your party here as our guests and are more than happy to know that you as most of our guests enjoyed while staying with us and all values that we have added to enhance our guest’s experience. In regards to walking on our area, probably our agent meant to say that it was too far to walk to where you were planning on going, but I am confident to say that our area is very safe to walk and even encourage you to do a walking tour in our area for you to enjoy visiting our historic sites in Miramar on your next visit. Our Suites are excellent for parties of 2 to up to 6 guests; it will really be a pleasure to welcome you and your friends and family again at our hotel.

Our team is committed to providing the highest level of service for our guests and this is why we love to deliver the best quality of service in San Juan. We will be honored to welcome you back at your home away from home in San Juan. Once again, thanks so much for your review!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our stay at Ciqala Suites is due to an impromptu trip to escape the cold in NYC. We scored a great rate and was very happy I decided to stay here instead of a traditional hotel. My room was on the penthouse floor. This was a room and not a suite as my trip was for two days. However, the room more than met our needs...queen size bed, flat screen tv, large bathroom, two large closets, fridge & microwave, great mini-bar which was very reasonably priced, and awesome toiletries. Made to order breakfast is complimentary. Complimentary beer and wine is served on Monday evenings, and complimentary dinner on Tuesday and Thursdays. I did get a tour of the suites, which I LOVE. Upon my return, I will definitely book a suite and bring family and friends along. The suites are huge, full kitchens with granite countertops and high end stainless appliances, a large living and dining area, great bedrooms, and contemporary furnishings. I also must make mention of the sub-penthouse floor where meals are served. ..this is a great dining, lounge, and social area. I can't say enough good things about this place. I have no hesitation recommending this property.

A few helpful tips...the property is in a residential SAFE neighborhood. You may want to rent a car which is the best way to see the island anyway. Do book a day/overnight trip on Culebra or Vieques. Explore some of the other beaches outside of San Juan. I really enjoyed Luquillo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear 5daygetaway,

We truly appreciate taking of your time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are currently in a search for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was a pleasure to have you and your companion here as our guests and are more than happy to know that you as most of our guests enjoyed while staying with us and all values that we have added to enhance our guest’s experience, we are also glad to read that you noticed that our location is safe. Our Suites are excellent for parties of 2 to up to 6 guests; it will really be a pleasure to welcome you and your friends and family again at our hotel.

Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived after midnight, but were still very warmly welcomed to Ciqala Suites. This was the attitude during our three night stay - all staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our suite was HUGE! We reserved one bedroom, but our suite had two other bedrooms and another bath locked. There are only two suites per floor. We had an enormous living/dining room combination. The kitchen was beautiful with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Included in our room was a laundry with a washer and dryer. The bedroom was big with a large walk-in closet. The bath was separated into a toilet/bidet/shower room and a jetted tub with two sinks in the other room. Complimentary breakfast and Thursday night dinner were an added plus. The dinner was pasta, chicken, and salad with wine or beer. The breakfast was made-to-order and delicious! The location is not ideal, but it is very workable.A convenience store is right next door, although the mini-bar prices are very fair here. The hotel has a free beach shuttle to Condado Beach. There was construction on the penthouse during our stay, but it did not detract from our enjoyment. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly to all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear LmCubs,

Thanks so much for taking of your time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are currently in a search for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico; we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to have you and your couple here as our guests and are more than happy to know that you as most of our guests enjoyed while staying with us and all values that we have added to enhance our guest’s experience, we are also happy to let you know that we have completed the construction on our PH floor and it is now ready for the enjoyment of our guests.

Our team is committed to providing the highest level of service for our guests and this is why we love to deliver the best quality of service in San Juan. We will honored to welcome you back at your home away from home in San Juan. Once again, thanks so much for your review!

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is great. I stayed for two weeks and they always treated me as part of the family. The rooms are huge. Great for a family stay. The breakfast and dinner were very good as well. The kitchen has top of the line appliances. I was able to do my laundry in the laundry room located in the room. Not too far from the hotel is a movie theater, plenty of places to eat, and a grocery store.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and was nice and breeze.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Plcmar,

We really appreciate your review. Thanks so much for taking of your time to share your experience with us and other travelers who are currently in a search for a place to stay in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was a pleasure to have you here as our guests and are more than happy to know that you as most of our guests enjoyed your stay and all values that we have added to enhance our guest’s experience, we are also happy to know that you also enjoyed visiting the fantastic nearby cinema café as well as the large variety of restaurants and shops within our area.

Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Quite honestly I had high hopes for my stay at Ciqala. If I could give a 3.5 rating I would. The room itself was clean and comfortable (we stayed in room 802 which is the Penthouse level). Little did we know there was actually loud construction right next to our room from 8:00am to 4:00pm during our stay. Most of the day we were out exploring, however it would have been helpful to know this upfront or receive a discount for the inconvience. One night we walked up to our room and saw a recently built door on our level (we felt like we were in the Twighlight Zone!). As prior posts have mentioned, the mini bar is reasonable and the service was very good. The breakfast was also a nice touch (banana pancakes were tasty).

What I didn't realize was the extent of how bad the location was. I knew it was not ideal from prior reviews, however I thought the location was horrible. We walked about 4 blocks east (past the convienence station) and the scenery began to look seedy (a park filled with homeless people). When we asked about nearby restaurants, the concierge recommended a restaurant across the street a block away, but never tried the restaurant himself which I thought was strange. I would recommend Ciqala to people that have large groups as there is plenty of space for parties of 4 or more, but due to the location, I wish I would have booked a hotel for my husband and I in the Condado area and took a taxi to OSJ to explore (we ended up driving to OSJ and Condado during our stay). I definitely recommend splurging for the GPS on the rental car (or buying one before coming to PR). I have an iPhone5 and my husband has a Galaxy Note and neither one of our GPS apps on our phone worked.

Also, note that upon check in, $50 is charged to your credit card for incidentals and is refunded after your stay. Not a big deal, but something I hadn't encountered before.

Room Tip: I do not recommend the penthouse floor. It sounds like a nice level (we only saw two rooms on this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Ms. Cappaccino,

Thanks so much for your review. Miramar is the second historic area here in San Juan, Puerto Rico; this area keeps its buildings as original as when they were built back in the 1800’s. As part of our history, Miramar was declared as an official historic area and most of the buildings are conserved in their original structures. Also not to forget to mention that our famous international actors Jose Ferre lived here, Benicio del Toro still calls it home and one of the leading music conservatory in America is located here in Miramar. To help you better understand the structures, we truly encourage you to watch a video that we created to educate our visitors about our location, you can watch it by copy pasting this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V2UdtO5Jz8&feature=plcp or by simply going to our website and clicking on the YouTube icon on the top right on your screen, the name of the video is Our location - Miramar.

By the time you were visiting us, we were scheduled to have the ongoing construction from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm as explained on the letters distributed to our guests and that is why we agreed on moving our guests to an area away from the construction to avoid inconveniences by noises. Thanks so much for your comment about our breakfast, this is one of the many valued added to our guests experiences and one of the most enjoyed one.

We are truly surprised by your comment as you were one the guests who extended nights to your stay. As all worldwide hotels, we require a method of payment as guarantee for any incidental charges and yes, it is refunded on check out time. Our team is committed to providing the highest level of service for our guests and this is why we love to deliver the best quality of service in San Juan. We will be honored to have you as our guests on your next visits to our enchanted island. Once again, thanks so much for your review!

CIQALA Luxury Home Suites

Been to Ciqala Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!