“Great pizza, need one in miami, fl” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 639 Restaurants in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant:Pirilo is a rustic pizzeria in which we prepare, with dedication, delicious classic Italian and international dishes; always using the freshest local products. The space is designed and decorated by combining the typical Italian trattoria with the emblematic colonial architecture of Old San Juan, creating a picturesque and warm environment. The Pirilo bar has a wide selection of drinks, exclusive to the restaurant and a variety of more than 50 handcrafted beers.Hours: Pirilo is open every day and offers lunch and dinner during the following times: Sunday 12:00 pm- 12 amMonday 12:00 pm- 12 amTuesday 12:00 pm- 12 amWednesday 12:00 pm- 12 amThursday 12:00pm- 2:00amFriday 12:00pm- 2:00amSaturday 12:00pm- 2:00amReservations:Pirilo welcomes guests on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis.
Miami, Florida
“Great pizza, need one in miami, fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Got there appetizer sampler, delicious! Hubby and I thought wow so much food for appetizer, we ate it! Then said we have to try the pizza, we can share or take back to hotel. So we ordered half pampa and other half was a meat lover with yellow plantain. Nice size and we ate it all, delicious (I should have ordered my own lol). No leftover. We procrastinated for 2 days before going in. Place was always packed, when we went it was about midnight or so. Highly recommend. It's a pizza with pr twist in mind.

Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“Great place and recommended by locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was sitting in La Taberna Lupulo drinking some Puerto Rican craft beers and wanted some pizza for dinner, so I brought up TripAdvisor on my phone to find the best pizza nearby. I like TripAdvisor, but many of the reviewers either have unrealistic expectations or are just overly critical in general.

I read a few of the recent reviews of this place and everybody seems to like it. Typically though, I prefer the word of a local. So I asked the bartender at La Taberna Lupulo for his recommendation and he steered me to the same place!

I took that as a good sign and walked here to have a pizza and some beer. The pizza was excellent! It was not the "pizza rustica" (which is a different thing) I knew from Italy, but reminded much of the more traditional brick oven pizzas found in Italy.

They also have some Puerto Rican craft beers on tap, which is a definite plus, especially for beer geeks tired of Medalla.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good pizza and sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had dinner here one evening - be prepared to wait - it's very popular. The pizza was good- the sangria was even better! After paying for hotel meals it was nice to have good food at an affordable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I just left this restaurant. First off I had the best piña colada of my life!!! The pizza and lasagna were excellent. It was worth the cab fare. Great place to have dinner!

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Best Pizza in San Juan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've been in Pirilos many times for dinner. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Old San Juan for its excellent pizzas and affordable places. They have two floors, I prefer the upper one, usually not that crowdie and with very high ceilings. I'd advise you to make a reservation because from Thursday to Sunday it's always full...Ah..and gotta try the house sangria!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere