“Great service, good food.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reno
“Great service, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location for an easy cheap meal right by cruise terminal. Service was great, all wait staff were very attentive and nice. Food was reasonably priced and fast. Kind of a hole in the wall but will go back next time!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carbondale, Illinois
“Fast & friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is in a busy tourist area but was fast & friendly & tasty! Had the shrimp mofongo & mojitos like many other reviewers & was very good. Shrimp was fresh & tender. Food presentation was nice too. Was surprised at the excellent selection of beers. The inside of the restaurant (incl. bathroom) wasn't great, but wouldn't stop me from visiting again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Puerto Rican Food~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The food is Puerto Rican to me and that was the first time I had mofongo. Very reasonable price. Good for friends to hang out. Mojito is not expensive at all, but a bit too sweet for me. Still enjoyed a lot!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clancy
“My only meal was PERFECT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Following the advice of many reviewers, I waited till I was REALLY hungry and had my only meal here (I spent less than 24 hours in San Juan) -- the shrimp mofongo. REALLY delicious. I sat outside -- had 2 mojitos with my meal (I understand why those tropical drinks got invented -- so refreshing!). At such an informal looking cafe, I was surprised by the fancy presentation-- drizzled balsamico and garlic sauce, with the shrimp artistically perched in the middle. The shrimp were perfectly fresh and perfectly cooked. It was such a treat.

Visited September 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Mojitos, fish tacos, nachos: Three out of three ain't bad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent the day wandering the streets of OSJ; taking pictures and just taking in the town. For a late lunch, we stopped at Punto de Vista. Having never had a mojito or a fish taco, I was determined to wade in and get the expericence of both at one time. My wife, also a mojito virgin, chose to pair hers with the small nacho plate. Folks, if you've never had a mojito, this is the place to start. My wife had the original and I ordered the coconut. Both were absolutely fantastic, but I must admit that I favored her original as the better of the two. The fish tacos were great and the small plate of nachos was well prepared with meat, beans, cheese, and other fresh ingredients and lastly, it was a portion that easily would have fed two hungry souls. The service was quick and personable. We spent time with the owner learning how to make a true and great tasting mojito. The food and drink are great and the prices are quite reasonable. We will be there again on our next trip to San Juan. And one tip, if you ride the bus from Isla Verde to OSJ, Punto de Vista is in the bus terminal; on the southwest corner. Great location to sit and watch the bay and enjoy a few drinks or lunch or dinner.

• Visited September 2013