“We were treated like family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% Four Night Special
Ranked #2 of 24 San Juan B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“We were treated like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Beware, you will check in but you will not want to leave, seriously this was a very different holiday experience, we loved it, nothing is too much trouble, the owner and staff are friendly and helpfull, the accomodation was everything and more than we expected, the breakfast was great, the property is in a good area and only a short distance from the beach, shops, restaurants and bars, try it you will love it.

Room Tip: Phone and ask for details
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

We were picked up from the airport and immediately welcomed to PR and to the family.

The common areas are gorgeous and finished with beautiful period furniture, flooring, and stained glass.

The Escalona room was everything we hoped it would be.

The included breakfast was fantastic: pancakes, huevos rancheros, fresh coffee, orange juice, and a buffet of fresh fruits artisnal cheeses and pastries.

We cannot wait for our next visit.

• Stayed June 2011
Charlotte, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is a wonderful little B&B with terrific innkeepers, Natalia Richards and her daughter, Nina. They both knock themselves out to make sure you have just the sort of experience you wish. The Inn is on a quiet street just a short walk from the beach and is a great jumping off point for exploring all that Puerto Rico has to offer. Natalia will feed you an amazing breakfast every morning and make personalized plans for you if you wish. She'll pick you up and drop you off at the airport and give you the insider's scoop on the best and most authentic meals and adventures. I really lucked out when I found this gem and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. The other guests and I were looking at each other saying "Can you believe this!? Isn't this great!?". I rarely visit the same place twice but I certainly would go back to Puerto Rico and back to Casa Castellana.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was traveling by myself to San Juan and Natalia and her daugther Nina made sure I had a great time and didn't feel lonely. When I wanted to book something or drive somewhere, she helped me with directions or called the boat companies. Stay here if you decide to come to San Juan!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I found Casa Castellana through trip advisor and it did not disappoint! The Casa Castellana is in the heart of el Condado, a beautiful neighborhood scattered with art deco condo buildings and Spanish-inspired homes. Natalia and Nina welcomed me as if I was part of the family, picking me up at the airport and making sure I was comfortable throughout my stay. The morning breakfasts were fantastic, particularly the torrejas, and there was more tropical fruit and cheese than a person could eat! The rooms are charming and spotless, the beds cozy and comfy after a long day. I would come back here in a heartbeat and highly recommend Casa Castellana to anyone looking for a warmer, more community-oriented experience in San Juan.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Casa Castellana was the perfect find for my travels through San Juan. I was solo for a few days, and then my wife met up with me for a couple more.

The house is beautiful, from the Spanish decor the the fine linens. The rooms are marvelous with a homey feel. You can make it as cold as you like, and the beds are such that you could miss breakfast if you aren't careful. If you are a coffee drinker, you are in for a treat. A cup of an amazing Puerto Rican brew on the beautiful terrace with the aromas of breakfast in the air is a fantastic start to your day, and the food is excellent. It has a feeling of being at home that no hotel can give.

The location is perfect. It is a beautiful, quiet street, but you are only two blocks from the main street in Condado where you can enjoy any type of cuisine, shopping or a few hours of surf and sun on the beach. The area is entirely walkable, but don't think it an inconvenience. I very much enjoyed my walks several times a day. I found myself walking slow because there is so much to see. You could rent a car for out-of-town excursions, but it certainly is not a necessity. Be sure to inquire about Casa Castellana's ability to give you a totally customized and personal tour to island attractions. It is nice to have someone else drive so you can take it all in.

All that being said, these are not the only reasons I would return. What truly makes the place memorable are the people. Natalia is quite professional but pours her heart into this home. Her motherly nature is quite comforting. She and her daughter Nina live and breathe hospitality. They anticipate your every need, sometimes offering before you ask, and they sincerely care how you are doing everyday. Nina will quickly become a friend and is great with suggestions for fun. Between the two of them and Ryan, a friendly fellow you may bump into at breakfast, you can get the answer to any question. I am glad to have met them all and look forward to future visits with my new friends in Puerto Rico.

Hope to get back soon,
Ernie

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Casa Castellana was a fantastic for my college buddies and myself to spend the weekend. Natalia, David, Nena and Ryan all are very personable and made us feel like we were in our own home the entire weekend. Between the crew, we had great suggestions for tourist activities, food and even the night life. The breakfast Natalia cooks is wonderful. The terrace is the perfect place for breakfast and socializing as well. I will definitely stay here again since the home works well for groups and for couples with the private rooms. I couldnt've asked for a better place to stay while in San Juan!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Castellana Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!