“Issues with this 5 star resort” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $99
Ranked #27 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Issues with this 5 star resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Checkin was good. Had a great room. Wasn't told about the $500 extra the added to the credit card for charging items to the room. Then told it would take 10 to 14 business days for it to be credited back to the account. Parking rate in the garage states for hotel guest 17 was charged 18. Then in late night strange noises coming from a/c system. Then left the room at 10 am got back at 6pm and still wasn't cleaned. Called Hilton I was told the GM would be in contact with me and nothing yet this was after the second day we stayed their. We where their for 6 night. I have been home one. For the rate of a off season room was a little high. I thought I would have better service then I did. But all in all it was a ok stay great veiws though from the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
apologize for not contacting you while in property but I have no messages. I would’ve loved to speak to you and assist you personally. The $500.00 you refer to is the incidental approval taken on your card based on your length of stay and it is a standard procedure in all hotels. It is an approval not a charge and it is automatically released by the system at the moment of check out. Our self park charge is $17.00 before government tax which comes out to about $18.00 I am glad to read, however, that your stay was a great one.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great place, I was there for my honeymoon and I must say it was a wonderful place to stay. Jesus the fronts desk concierge was very friendly, very helpful and also very attentive to all my needs. I would so go back again and I would recommend a lot more people to visit. Thanks for everything it was wonderful, my wife enjoyed every moment.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for staying at the Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton while visiting beautiful Puerto Rico

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved. Jesus is a great part of our team who is committed to deliver great service to all our guests.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days and had a really relaxing experience. Super nice staff Jesus and Omar at the desk checked us in very quickly and gave us great information about local activities. They made sure we were very well taken care of and fixed any small issues we had with our rooms . The lunch server efrain was so sweet and informed us we could be served at the beach ...service with a big smile great guy. The towel staff were very nice and gave us fresh towels when asked for. Aqua aerobics instructor was very encouraging and gave us a great workout. The yoga instructor was terrific and what fun that was under the swaying palms. The lagoon was fantastic and warm and clean!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LGMarcano, Manager at Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. Our staff is very committed on delivering superb service and a memorable experience. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved.

Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the villas from hilton for my bday. At first my "villa" room was very disappointing!!! I have been in many hotels in P.R in this room was even smaller than a normal room.... I really was expecting more for the price and the hotel!!! Rooms are old, dirty and not good looking!!!!
Staff!!! Was great!!!! The only thing I liked about the hotel!!! Bar lobby bartender victor was the best!!! He really made my day better!!
Lobby at nite!!! Scary!!! There was a "rat" joining us!!!!
I would just never stay here again!!! P.R has way better hotels!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your room condition while you visited is recently. Please accept our apologies. I am sharing your comments with our executive Housekeeper and rest assures we are taking corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel sits right at the water. You don't have much sands mostly rocks but it's fine enough for me. In the middles of the night I saw that the hallways are noisy but we didn't find that to be much of a problem. You can zip line to Jet ski or take a stroll along the streets of SanJuan. The weather is great, I went during rainy season & the rain would only last the most 15 minutes & then sunshine.

Room Tip: Book your room higher then the 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your candid feedback of your stay with us

We are always looking for reviews such as yours to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here from Aug 28th to Sept 1st. Overall was a beautiful experience. The exterior and hallways are a little aged, but the rooms were beautiful. Nice and spacious, nice bathrooms, comfy beds. The lobby is very beautiful and open. Great lounge/bar/karaoke space. Nice beautiful private beach for hotel guests only. I enjoyed the pool, jacuzzi and wet bar. There's plenty of space and options throughout this property. My family and I did a nice 15 minute walk over the bridge and ate at a few of the restaurants over there. This is a great friends, family, or couple location to go to. You really can't go wrong here. Only gripe about this place is if you're looking to party, you just have to travel into town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property and we are delighted to read your stay was a pleasant one. We are constantly working on improving our product to better satisfy our guest’s needs. Your comments help us improve our product and service and better understand the needs of our guests. We take your comments seriously and do share with all parties involved.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here, I was kind of scared about the hotel since i didn't know what to expect. However, i had a grat experience. I arrive at 4:30 and the room was ready. The person at help desk was very nice and had a great customer service. The room was clean and spacious. I stayed there for 3 night, didn't have any inconvenience. Oh ! The only thing is that if you book through any agency (such as expedia) they don't include the taxes nor the parking which i didn't know so i had to pay a little more at the end, but overall it was great. I strongly recommend it ! Is close to old San Juan and El Morro

• Stayed June 2013

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Been to Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton? Share your experiences!