“Good potential, needs to work on the food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Juan, PR
“Good potential, needs to work on the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place enjoys a great location, a wonderful street corner in old Miramar, a neighborhood in San Juan that's enjoying a renaissance. The place is decorated to make the best use of the picture windows it's surrounded by, with heavy wooden tables, and a fun bar at the end, it's a very "New York" feel. It's always very crowded, thanks to it being in front of the local cinemas.
But having spent all their money on chic, the owners should try to focus more on the basics: Food and Service. Both are mediocre.
Twice I had to send back Ceviches, because they tasted "watered down". My theory is that they prepare and freeze them, and when thawed they lose all the inherent flavors. My wife enjoys their "lomo saltado", but overall there are better places (Ceviche House) for Peruvian flavor in town. By the way, I was born in Peru, so I know real Peruvian food. Lima has "ok" food, but get really low marks on their ceviche.
And the service is what you would expect from a "hip" restaurant. Hipster wait staff trying hard to appear nonchalant. It's not bad service, it's just not good.
I enjoyed Lima for a while due to its location and promise, but haven't returned due to its mediocre food and service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

puerto rico
“Verte food for Ceviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lima, locate in Miramar is the best the area has to offer. Ceviche is very well done and appetizers are good too. Have tried other dishes from the menu but must go with the ceviche.
Ambiance is ok. Better get there early can get busy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danville, California
“Pretty Basic Peruvian Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's busy, the atmosphere is good, but the menu and food are are not very exciting. With the abundance of fresh ingredients on the island, I am very surprised the quality was not better.
Our AVERAGE meal (with only 2 glasses of wine)for the two of us was $110.00.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Anguilla
“Worst food in San Juan”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just getting back to home about A week now. We love San Juan and will go their as often as possible because it's a short trip. After being their about three days we just about tried all the restaurants on close to hotel miramar and we enjoyed most of them. We are easy going people. We had a calamari to start was ok then a steak and a whole snapper. I had the steak and my boy friend had the snapper. Steak was ok but the snapper was terrible. Snapper was fried in the dip fryer with no kind of seasoning just salt and was salt as the ocean. The veggies was rotten and smell awful. The only thing I can say is the beers was super cold. But will not go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ensure that I go to Lima, everytime I go to San Juan. The meals, the service is Excellent. Parking is scarce, but the valet parking is very reasonable

Visited August 2013