“Great Rican food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bronx
“Great Rican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The service is great as well as the food, I loved that they had seatin outside in front of the ocean

Visited July 2012

“Decent little beachside casual bite.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Food was pretty darn good for being a little beachside shack. Sit outside if you can, wind be damned. Inside is a bit stuffy.
Had the skirt steak with sauce, yellow rice and, of course, beans. Add a couple Medallias and it came in with tip at $30. Stick to beer, tried the drinks, all pretty weak.

Visited July 2012
Milford, Connecticut
“Awesome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wife had the seared tuna. I had the paella. Both fantastic. Great view from the deck. Ask for Rudy. He was fantastic.

Visited June 2012
Wisconsin
“Nice stop for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We popped in here for lunch- 10 dollar specials. I had a blackened grouper sandwich (good, not great) and husband had shrimp mofongo which was his favorite in San Juan.

Visited June 2012
York SC
“Came back for Seconds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Alright…where do I begin! The outside of Waikiki is welcoming and unimposing and I guess that is why we just stopped in one night after a walk down from the La Concha. I forgot what WaiKiki means but in my dialect in means AWESOMELY GOOD FOOD. Our local service experience in San Juan up until our visit to Waikiki had been really poor (excluding high end)……but our waitress Jasmine was top notch. My wife and I sat on the porch over the ocean and watched about a dozen crabs sharing the rocky shoreline w/ some local teenagers. We started off with drinks and the Sampler Appetizer. The sampling was good but the homemade guava sauce really brought it all together into something special. I had the seafood casserole and again the sauce made the perfectly good shrimp, fish and scallops pop. My only con was the leaving of the shrimp tails on while in a prepared dish (pet peeve of mine if no one else’s)
Our dinner here was such a good experience both from the food and service levels we came back our last night in San Juan. In a town of great food that says a lot! The second meal my wife had the Shrimp Mofongo (again tails on ERRR) and the Mofongo itself was not the best but still good. I had the Skirt Steak as was recommended by our waitress who was just as attentive and friendly as the first. The steak was tender and again served with an amazing sauce that just made the entire meal come together…WOW.
You know the food is good when there are local families filling most of the tables. I saw the comments on some of the service levels but our experience from two different waitresses was outstanding. You can spend less down the street, you can spend more up street but to me this was just right.

• Visited June 2012