“Hotel Milano was a good hotel, great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Milano

You added Hotel Milano to your Saves list
Hotel Milano
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Fortaleza 307 | Old San Juan, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Rochester, New York
“Hotel Milano was a good hotel, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Milano Hotel for 5 nights. We paid extra for a deluxe room with large windows. Hotel was old, but clean and comfortable. Great location! The staff could not have been any friendlier or more helpful, with what to see and directions to places we wanted to get to. Jose Colon was very helpful in pointing out places not on the normal tourist itinerary. My only negative comment would be the breakfast. It was $5.35 per person per day, for toast, cereal, coffee, juices, milk, small danishes, small muffins, fruit and small rolls. I think they could have included that free with the room rental. But, I must say that it was very convenient. Overall a great stay and would stay there again, if we ever get back to San Juan.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a room with large windows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My companion and I were planning a long weekend trip to San Juan and wanted to stay in the old city. We had our hearts set on staying in El Convento but there was no availability so we chose the Hotel Milano, sight unseen. We were very happy with our choice and plan to return on our next trip.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The stall shower was immaculate and the water forceful and hot. The building itself safe and secure. Most strikingly was the warmth and graciousness of the hotel staff. Hiram at the front desk was lovely. Jose Colon who attended the lovely rooftop breakfast room was charming and welcoming. He simply could not do enough to make us happy.

If you want an Old San Juan experience, I highly recommend the Hotel Milano. Surrounded by good restaurants and historic sites, travelers are exactly where they want to be in the old city.

Room Tip: Room 308, Queen Standard is a good choice. Overlooks Calle Fortaleza but quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The only thing good I can say about this hotel is the location is awesone. The room we had was so dirty, my husband and I were afraid to sleep in the bed. The shower was so gross we refused to shower in it. The air conditioning in the room only has an off setting or on setting. This means the room is either too cold or too hot. And the streets around the hotel are really noisy at night. We only stayed here one night before our cruise but I could never say here again! If you stay here, just be prepared for a dirty room and no sleep at night.

• Stayed April 2013
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap, pretty clean hotel that is located in the middle of old San Juan this is a good place for you. The wifi works pretty good, beds are comfy and the shower gets good hot water. Service is bad, the hotel is tired. I paid $95 a night, but had no window.

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a fairly small hotel right in the heart of Old San Juan. It was easy to walk to all the historic sites and to the ferry to get to the Bacardi Rum Distillery. All the workers from reception to breakfast to maids were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not fancy but certainly adequate and only cost a little over $5 per person. We especially liked having hot milk and Nesquik for making hot chocolate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseau, Saint George, Dominica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great hotel, it feels so warm and welcoming, snuggled on Calle fortaleza I felt like i was part of the community. I shared room 309, 2 beds with a street view with my family of 4. the room was quit comfy. The hotel is walking distance from restaurants, the pier and historical sites.Everyone was friendly & very helpful, I would love to come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kalkaska, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location just minutes away from cruise port, good food, and lots of street vendors. Room was VERY small with small windows near the ceiling. I will have to go with a different choice of rooms next time! I understand that the ones in the front are bigger with actual windows. Although, the room served it's purpose and allowed us a clean area to sleep. We returned and disembarked from our cruise at 11:00 a.m. but room was not ready. The kind elderly gentlemen (same gentlemen who works the roof top restaurant in the a.m.) took our luggage and chained it together to keep it safe and locked while we explored Old San Juan for the day. He was awesome and so were the rest of the staff with the exception of a middle aged gentlemen at the front desk. He never lifted his head until I spoke to him first, then acted as if I were really interupting him by having to check us in or answer a questions. There was a younger gentlemen there in the evening who was very nice-so we waited to ask him questions :) I would have to say that I would stay here again. Location is what makes this hotel wonderful and the price is fair!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!