We stayed at this hotel recently for a one-night stay before a cruise. It was perfectly adequate for our short stay and proved to be a great location. We arrived at about 7 p.m. and check-in was a breeze. We had room 501, which had two double beds. As other reviews have stated, the room was small, but it really was just fine for such a short stay. The room was very clean and had the basic amenities we needed. Also the furnishings were nice and modern.
The location was good and we went to the main drag just a block away. We went a few blocks to Ropa Vieja, which was yummy (see separate review) We all slept well as the room was nice and quiet. We slept a little late and barely made it down for breakfast, but were able to quickly grab something. There was a decent amount of offerings to hold us over until lunch.
We checked out, which went quickly. The lobby was a bit packed with everyone trying to catch taxis to the get on the cruise ships. We decided to take our time and checked our luggage. We then walked a block and a half to Condado Beach. We were pleasantly surprised by the beach and ended up staying for several hours. When we were ready to head out, we gathered our luggage and the staff called us a taxi, which pulled up a few minutes later.
My only real complaint was the wifi was a bit slow. I normally wouldn’t care about this on a non-business trip, but there was an itinerary change on my cruise and I wanted to research what there was to do in the new port. This just made it a bit more challenging; however, there were two computers near the breakfast area and I was able to hop on one for a few minutes to complete my research.
All in all, a good stay and would consider the Holiday Inn Express again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado features an excellent location in the exclusive Condado area. Enjoy our recently updated Wi-Fi Internet for fast and speedy connection. Its beauty and splendor overlook Condado Lagoon. Within walking distance, you will enjoy first class shopping, with all major jewelery stores, souvenirs and fashion designer boutiques at hand. Visit the beautiful Condado Beach within walking distance to the hotel. And when the night falls, casinos and exciting nightlife are the name of the game. Take advantage of our free deluxe continental breakfast, 24 hour complimentary coffee & tea in lobby, outdoor pool, fitness room or business centre. With highly trained and qualified personnel which guarantees all necessary arrangements for groups, conventions, social activities and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Holiday Inn San Juan
- San Juan Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Rico