“Good Post Cruise November 2014, A/C is noisy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

You added Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mariano Ramirez Bages | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly San Juan Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Chatham, Canada
“Good Post Cruise November 2014, A/C is noisy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel is about half a block from the ocean. Very good upscale location. Staff was excellent. Very clean hotel. King bed was very comfortable. Wonderful big shower with good water pressure. The bathroom was poorly lit, which made it harder to shave and put on makeup The fan in the bathroom is powerful to dry out the room, but is very loud. The air conditioning unit in our room was very noisy. Must be a very old A/C unit. I slept with ear plugs and or the pillow over my head, but then again, I am somewhat of a light sleeper. When you turn on the light in the room a fan goes on. They certainly have enough fans in the room to keep the place dry. Really good Puerto Rican restaurant/bar named Café Del Angel on Ashford Ave. was in walking distance. Take the city bus to Old San Juan for 75 cents, a cab will cost $20.00 one way. Over all it was good staying there.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressSJ, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Free-To-Travel56,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We appreciate that you were able to take the time to share your comments about our hotel. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed the location and the restaurant close by. Our convenient location makes it so much easier for our guests to enjoy the area and discover a bit of the beauty of our island.
Thank you again for your comments and hope to see you soon again.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I had booked a group for hotel stay for pre and post cruising. It is close to pier. The staff was excellent. They were professional, friendly and very attentive to all my group needs. The director of sales was excellent in setting up my block of rooms for my group. The hotel is in a great location, located close to Plenty of restaurants and shops. The rooms were clean and beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. We had a group of 11 rooms and not an issue from anyone. We would book the hotel again in future.

• Stayed December 2014
HolidayInnExpressSJ, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear TamStuckey,
Thank you so much for your 5 star rating. We are so delighted to hear that everything went well with your group accommodations. It was a pleasure to host and we will look forward to have you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

the hotel was great, the staff were nice, and even served free breakfast. i would definitely come back to this hotel again. the new girl at the desk (forgot her name sorry) when i checked in on
12-4-14 - 12-7-14 was nice, had a smile on all the time even for simple questions. i would definitely come back just hope we can work out a bit of a lower rate....the rate was a little high for the kind of room we got..and the bathroom had a weird drain smell. but other then that it was great.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Kevin T,
Thank you so much for your review and we are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our staff with friendly and polite service and I'm sure our new employees at the Front Desk will be thrilled to hear that as well. Just to inform that the our rates might change depending on the season and the availability but please do not hesitate to contact with us directly for a future reservation.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms were clean, however, The were very damp. They offered me the room at one price and I was charged more. I slipped on the wet damp tile floor in the room. When I explained this to the reception they didn't care. it was so damp at night The floors were wet and the windows were sealed shut. I had to open the door to the hallway in the middle of the night to get fresh air. The air conditioner was set at very cold and I could not raise the room temperature. That plus the damp room caused me to get very sick. When I was checking out I explained this to a male in the morning crew. He treated me very rudely. They said that they would deduct something from my bill for my inconveniences but when I got my statement they overcharged me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressSJ, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Familia111,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay and I would be more than happy to correct it for you. I have sent you a direct message to ask for the details and to be able to look in further. Thank you again and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind Regards,
Alev Tabak
Director of Sales
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Alan in the front desk is a person whom i wish was always in any Hotel They had one like him,
I am corporate Traveler and staying in a hotel is sometimes not the best part of my trip Alan and all other staff are Gear, Amazing and Wonderful.
They go above and beyond.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Azar T,
Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us during your stay. I would be happy to share your comments with our staff. Hope to see you very soon.
Kind Regards,
Baltimore, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This HI Express is located directly across the street from one of the most posh hotels in Puerto Rico, no make that the world. The Vanderbilt Condado. They know it is all about location location location. And so does the Holiday Inn. But at one quarter the price! It is true, they don't have Charles and Pierre waiting on you hand and foot, but they have Carlos! He is possibly the most upbeat, comical, efficient front desk man I have met in my many years of travel to over 16 countries on 3 continents. He greets you all day long and does a great job of making you feel special, just like the rest of the staff. Ok, maybe a bit better than the rest, but the rest are right on his heels. They are all a well trained and friendly staff. The hotel is, I think I mentioned, very well located in Condado, San Juan. The hotel serves a delicious complementary breakfast with several types of eggs, pancakes, pastries, breads, bagels, cereals, yogurts, fruits, well you get the picture. There are many fine restaurants, and many smaller less expensive restaurants close by. Not to mention Cartier's, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc. Literally a block away. Did I mention that Condado beach is 1 block away. Not even really a full block. And 1 of only 3 Ben and Jerry's food cafes in the world is 1 block away! The rooms are ample and comfortable. The design recent modern and neat. Old San Juan is a short bus ride or cab ride away. Wifi could have been a bit faster in the early evenings. I would very definitely recommend this hotel for the discerning, but sensible traveler.

Room Tip: Make sure to smile and give Carlos a boisterous "Hola"!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello BMacBaltimore_USA,
Thank you so much for writing a detailed wonderful review about our hotel and for our island. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location along with our customer service. I would be more than glad to share your comments with Carlos as well. Comments like us show us that our hard work pays off and nothing makes us happy more than hearing about our guests' positive experience. Thank you so much again and we will see you soon.
Warm Regards,
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First the good: The breakfast staff worked very efficiently and pleasantly providing a variety of foods. Also good was the location--an easy walk to the nearby beach. Now the not-so-good: our room was not made up following our first night. When we mentioned this at the desk, it was after we had been out much of the day and we were ready to relax. Not a good time to leave our room to the cleaning staff. Then there was the humidity--everything felt damp--sheets, clothing, even towels. We had hoped to spend some time relaxing by the pool during our stay. Not at this pool, it turns out. The pool is located in a small back-yard-type space behind the breakfast area, and is surrounded by cement walls painted an awful lime-green color. Not the least bit inviting. The lobby area is simply adequate. Not inviting to relax while waiting for a friend or a cab. Lastly in the not-so-good category was the TV and Wifi reception. It was frequently not available. When we mentioned it at the desk, the reply was always, "we're working on it and it may take several hours." The TV often froze mid-show for several minutes. And now the awful category: the large cover to the air conditioning unit in our room suddenly crashed to the floor in the middle of the night. Just incredible. Also, the closet in our corner room had sliding doors which were off the track. More importantly, in order to gain access to the room safe, it is necessary to enter the closet, which offers just enough space for a petite person to squeeze through sideways. Again, just poor design work.

We have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express properties and would be happy to return again to any one of them, with the exception of this property in Candado.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are smaller, but the non-corner rooms have fewer comfortable seating.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressSJ, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Peg M,
Thank you for your feedback as it points out where we lack and can improve. We apologize that you had a negative impression of the pool. Thank you for your kind words for the rest of the staff, we take pride in making your stay enjoyable and memorable. It is disappointing that our hotel did not meet your expectations and hope you give us a chance in the future.
Safe Travels

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado? Share your experiences!