“Not too bad but I have stayed at better in San Juan” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mariano Ramirez Bages | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly San Juan Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Not too bad but I have stayed at better in San Juan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First off it appeared as though they were going through some renovations when I was there so maybe things are better.

There is no fridge in the room. They say there is one online but they do not have them...anywhere! They said they had no mini fridges in the entire hotel. This was an issue for me. Also, the iron and ironing bored were pitiful. Not even usable.

The wifi was good in my room and in the lobby. The location is good for the area and walkable to the beach.

The front desk was bilingual and nice even if they were unable to assist me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, liked our stay. We aee fsmily of four. Kids are all adult. We were in a room with two queen bed, we had a restful night. Swimming pool was good, I wish it was a little bigger. Breakfast bar was not well managed. Evening stroll was great. Very close to beach, liked the easy access to beach.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good location with public parking acroos the street for $15 per day. Personnel was cordial. Room was okay (holiday inn express) but had a humid smell. Breakfast was okay if you do not look for protein base food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear luis t,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and all the nice comments about the location of our hotel and our staff. Your comments with the room humidity and the breakfast has been noted for review and future considerations.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel has a very good location but did not compensate for the terrible room I got. I have never stayed in a more humid room in my life... I would run my hand over the bed sheets and they were humid-almost wet... When I'd dress every morning, my clothes were equally humid. Even if I had the AC on, the room was a sauna. I'm fine with using towels several days in a row, but I was really disappointed to find the same soaking towels I'd used in the morning on the evening... Anything good about the hotel has completely overshadowed by this major humidity mishap. Must warn: I arrived at midnight, and there was no water in the room, no drinking water in the faucets, and no water in the vending machine in the lobby. The gentleman at the front desk was kind enough to get me a couple of glasses of water from the dining room (only good thing I can say about hotel's personnel). Bathroom was small, and the room was not comfortable for business travel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Los Polanco C,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I stayed for 6 days and loved it! It is like a new hotel! The concierge Janice. ..well I can't say enough nice things about her. If there is something you want to do or somewhere you want to go she will make it happen! If you are trying to vacation in a nice hotel on a budget. ..well this is your place! My biggest piece of advice. ..ask the concierge for a taxi rate chart or they charge you whatever they feel like!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights in August 2014. We had 2 rooms for 4 adults. We wanted a budget-friendly room for San Juan as we explored the island. The rooms were clean, quiet, and had comfortable beds. The shower worked well, but the toilet would get stuck and keep running. The location of this hotel is ideal, just a block from beach access. Parking was available across the street for $15/day. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast (eggs, toast, fruit etc. available) Overall, this hotel was exactly what we were looking for and I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here precruise and the hotel was in a great location. U r one block from the beach and great restaurants and bars. The area around the hotel is safe to walk around in after dark. The hotel is minutes from the cruise terminal. The rooms are a little small, but clean and very efficient. I would stay here again without reservation.

Room Tip: join the IHG and then ask