“Nice Location, small rooms, close to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mariano Ramirez Bages | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly San Juan Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Raleigh, NC
“Nice Location, small rooms, close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here 4 nights and used the hotel as a base camp. From here we went ATVing in the rain Forrest, jet sking in the San Juan bay, Ziplining in the rain Forrest, and of course toured Old San Juan. Parking is $15 day but the busses cannot be trusted sometimes they run sometimes they don't. Cheaper and easier to drive to old San Juan pay to park and then walk or pay for a taxi $15 each way. Several restaurants close by or within a short drive. Rooms are very small. Breakfast was very good for a holiday inn. Close to high end shopping Cartier, Sotheby's, etc. 30 minute drive to airport.

Room Tip: Get your ice early, they only have one machine in the lobby then you have to bother the front desk t...

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here from July 19-21... And I must admit the hotel was very nice. There was WIFI throughout & the pool was nice & simple. It is in a great touristic area. The beach is minutes away on Condado. However, is you are looking for cheaper souvenirs go to Old San Juan.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floor lever 7th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Alev T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Z123Ri,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are very happy to hear that you have found our hotel beautiful and the amenities nice. Hope to see you again in the future.
Kind Regards,

Ray Velazquez
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel was nice but the ice machine never worked which resulted in me having to travel to the laundry room for ice each time that I needed it. There was never a towel available for the pool area which again, I had to make a trip to the laundry room. After a day out on the town we would come back to shower for dinner and if the room was serviced we only had one towel if any to share so once again off to the laundry room I went. This was during a one week stay so I am sure that you can feel my frustrations.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brad A,

Thank you so much for your review. We would like apologize for the inconvenience that occured during your stay with us. We are always trying to give the best service to all our guests and for teh areas that we fail, we strive to be better ourselves. Again please accept our apologies and hope you give us another chance on your next trip to Puerto Rico.

Ray Velazquez
Florida Keys, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a 3 day stay post cruise, last minute decision. I dont know what these people are talking about, this is a brand new hotel (just re-modeled apparently) great staff, laboratory clean room - excellent price considering it is right on the heart of the action in city.

Room Tip: cant beat the location
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On July 6 I stayed here with my husband and two kids along with my sister and her daughter. We stayed here because ,it was past 10 pm and to drive back to Ponce was far. We happened to be hanging out at Urban week with my other sister and her son who were staying this hotel. Since it was late and all other hotels had been booked this was the only one with a room. I did not think much about not staying here as I am a member of the IHG club and have stayed in other Holiday inns and never had an issue. The front desk knew it was three adults and three kids. I asked for a rolla bed but they did not have any. When I got to room the beds were full size and room was so small that a big size person would have a hard time moving around and especially in bathroom as Door was very narrow. There was no way I or my sister could sleep on full size beds . I went back down to see about getting a bigger room and bed. I was told that there was nothing they could do. Then clerk tells me I will show you a room. The room was under renovation, then I was told look at another room that room was also small. When I complained and told clerk that there is no way all of us can sleep in this room with full size beds he told me they could put a comforter on the floor and one if the kids can sleep in floor. I immediately told them I did not pay a hefty rate to have my child sleep on floor. I told clerk that I wanted to speak with a manager ,I was told I would have to wait till the morning. We all slept like a pretzels. Morning arrived.when I checked.out the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. The clerk contacted manager I did not get room credit I wAs given credit for difference I had paided in another hotel nearby that I had told them if I would have known holiday inn had no Queen size beds I would have stayed at the court yard Marriott. Manager never even talked to me he just told clerk to crefit me the difference I had paided cheaper at other hotel that had better accommodations.This place has no good accommodations and it is so crammed not even room to eat a snack in the room table. Parking is also $15 daily. Cheaper to stay walking distance for $10 daily. For what the hotels are charging in Puerto Rico parking should be free.

• Stayed July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Pros - good location, 3 minute walk to a public beach, free and good breakfast, internet. Cons - concierge gave us bad information, doors slam all night and wake you up, pool is small and jacuzzi looks nasty.

The first night we stayed was a weekend night and the process for getting food and a seat at breakfast was hard because there were about 50-60 people in a room made for about 15 people. The second night we stayed we had no problem at all with a crowded breakfast room.

Tip if you want a car - We wanted to rent a car for most of the trip but didn't want to pay for parking. So we took a taxi from the airport to this hotel and then walked <2 minutes to the nearby Avis rental place. This worked out great!

Yes, I would stay here again, but not for a whole week. The chair and umbrella rentals at the beach cost $5/chair and $10/umbrella for the whole day. And taxis to Old Town cost $15. The bus doesn't run on Sundays (even if the lady at the concierge desk tells you they do).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed in this hotel for only one night and I was happy with our choice. The room was clean, AC worked well and breakfast was adequate. It fit our needs. Other hotels in this area were overpriced. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that there is no lock on the restroom door. Overall, this is a great choice especially if you need a clean room on a budget. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Remember that parking is extra and beside room price, you will have to pay "resort fees" f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alev T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Weluvtrvln,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I'm very happy to hear that you felt our hotel met your expectations especially for cleanliness and for your budget. Thank you again and we will look forward to having you with us again in the future.

A. Tabak
Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado? Share your experiences!