“cleanest room ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mariano Ramirez Bages | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly San Juan Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Florida Keys, Florida
“cleanest room ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had a 3 day stay post cruise, last minute decision. I dont know what these people are talking about, this is a brand new hotel (just re-modeled apparently) great staff, laboratory clean room - excellent price considering it is right on the heart of the action in city.

Room Tip: cant beat the location
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

On July 6 I stayed here with my husband and two kids along with my sister and her daughter. We stayed here because ,it was past 10 pm and to drive back to Ponce was far. We happened to be hanging out at Urban week with my other sister and her son who were staying this hotel. Since it was late and all other hotels had been booked this was the only one with a room. I did not think much about not staying here as I am a member of the IHG club and have stayed in other Holiday inns and never had an issue. The front desk knew it was three adults and three kids. I asked for a rolla bed but they did not have any. When I got to room the beds were full size and room was so small that a big size person would have a hard time moving around and especially in bathroom as Door was very narrow. There was no way I or my sister could sleep on full size beds . I went back down to see about getting a bigger room and bed. I was told that there was nothing they could do. Then clerk tells me I will show you a room. The room was under renovation, then I was told look at another room that room was also small. When I complained and told clerk that there is no way all of us can sleep in this room with full size beds he told me they could put a comforter on the floor and one if the kids can sleep in floor. I immediately told them I did not pay a hefty rate to have my child sleep on floor. I told clerk that I wanted to speak with a manager ,I was told I would have to wait till the morning. We all slept like a pretzels. Morning arrived.when I checked.out the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. The clerk contacted manager I did not get room credit I wAs given credit for difference I had paided in another hotel nearby that I had told them if I would have known holiday inn had no Queen size beds I would have stayed at the court yard Marriott. Manager never even talked to me he just told clerk to crefit me the difference I had paided cheaper at other hotel that had better accommodations.This place has no good accommodations and it is so crammed not even room to eat a snack in the room table. Parking is also $15 daily. Cheaper to stay walking distance for $10 daily. For what the hotels are charging in Puerto Rico parking should be free.

• Stayed July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Pros - good location, 3 minute walk to a public beach, free and good breakfast, internet. Cons - concierge gave us bad information, doors slam all night and wake you up, pool is small and jacuzzi looks nasty.

The first night we stayed was a weekend night and the process for getting food and a seat at breakfast was hard because there were about 50-60 people in a room made for about 15 people. The second night we stayed we had no problem at all with a crowded breakfast room.

Tip if you want a car - We wanted to rent a car for most of the trip but didn't want to pay for parking. So we took a taxi from the airport to this hotel and then walked <2 minutes to the nearby Avis rental place. This worked out great!

Yes, I would stay here again, but not for a whole week. The chair and umbrella rentals at the beach cost $5/chair and $10/umbrella for the whole day. And taxis to Old Town cost $15. The bus doesn't run on Sundays (even if the lady at the concierge desk tells you they do).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed in this hotel for only one night and I was happy with our choice. The room was clean, AC worked well and breakfast was adequate. It fit our needs. Other hotels in this area were overpriced. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint is that there is no lock on the restroom door. Overall, this is a great choice especially if you need a clean room on a budget. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Remember that parking is extra and beside room price, you will have to pay "resort fees" f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alev T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Weluvtrvln,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I'm very happy to hear that you felt our hotel met your expectations especially for cleanliness and for your budget. Thank you again and we will look forward to having you with us again in the future.

A. Tabak
Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I Really didn't read all the reviews but had i read them i would not have choosen this location. I have stayed in many Holiday inn's & this by far was a thumbs down. Room smelled ,water leak, door off hinge, no ice at ice station. bell man was very persistant with taking our bags & still took them after we told him no. There were no towels for pool ,jacuzzi wasn't filled nor hot. Pool is quit small. It's Near a lagoon which is considered by the locals as contaminated & spills into the local bathing area where people swim in by the bridge.The actual "beach "is of walking distance but there are signs posted danger no swimming. On the plus side The food is as always the same, good. Male Front desk manager was as helpful and apologetic as he could be, i was very disappointed & definately would not make a revisit to this location.
The area around is nice to walk in & shop but if you're looking for a nice beach location, scenery for pics etc this isn't the location for u or you're just going to have to take a cab or a bus to do it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alev T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Bellasli,

We are so sorry to hear about the inconveniences that occurred during your stay with us. I can assure you that these are not the standards in our hotel. Your comments are well noted while we are looking into it. It is our main goal to go above and beyond to make sure that we reach to the best and improve in all areas. I hope that next time you visit Puerto Rico you consider staying with us and give us the opportunity to better serve you. Please contact me for any reservation arrangements directly at alevholidayinnexpsales@gmail.com.

Alev Tabak
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nice size room in beautiful part of town. Horrible service. No wifi in the room. When i told the fron desk it wasnt working, she said it might be "broken"on that floor. Closet door was off the slider, i asked front desk to have it put back,still did not happen. My bathroom also had a weird water leak that kept wetting the floor.

• Stayed July 2014
Alev T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear JWT007,

We are so sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulties during your stay with us. We have informed our staff about the issues and we will try to improve the areas that we lack the best service. Again please accept our apologies and and hope you give us another chance and please do not hesitate to contact with us directly in the future.

Ray Velazquez
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We kept our expectations low, and were delighted they were surpassed. Lovely staff, good spacious room with fridge, excellent free breakfast, 3 minutes walk from beach, very comfortable. Had heard mixed reviews but would stay there again.

Only downside is that the public bus into old San Juan is unreliable, but we knew this. Taxi is $15, and - whilst to stay in the old town might be lovely, rooms might be more cramped, and streets probably v noisy with music all night. Our hotel was in a side street so not noisy. Wifi did not work on top floor but not a big deal to walk down a floor; there are 2 public computers in the lobby, which can print.

Room Tip: Higher floor with sea view (sideways) was perfect, except wifi only came one floor less but they are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jacqueline1954,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you have had enjoyed your stay with us. Currently we are in the process of improving the Wi-Fi service and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.
Hope to see you again with us in the future.

Alev Tabak
Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado? Share your experiences!