“beautiful experience” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Taft St | Condado, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“beautiful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am in love with this hotel. The people who work here made our stay just impeccable. Margarita the manager made our stay perfect. I will be back again! I loved the location of this boutique hotel . Puerto rico is a beautiful place and staying here made our trip.

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff was the best! I felt like I was staying as a friends beautiful home! Thanks for the warm hospitality Donna & Margarita. The hot-tub was so relaxing and the cafe con leche was perfection with the banana nut pancakes !! I would love to come back and do some more relaxation in the hot-tub and explore the island even more. The Bio Bay was beyond magical ~ Puerto Rico was an Island or warmth and hospitality Thanks Again // B&C

Room Tip: You do not need a fancy HUGE hotel chain to really enjoy such an intimate island - rent a car and go...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel has a really modern/charming feel to it. Love it! The rooms are clean and all original and the large hot tub rocks! Love the terra cotta tile on the floors and Puerto Rican art. The 2 minute walk to the beach is super any time of day or night.

Room Tip: We really liked our room on the 2nd floor with a balcony with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Acacia Boutique Hotel is the most amazing place, the best hotel we have ever stayed at! The hotel itself has so much charm and character, quaint and authentic Puerto Rico. Very clean. The large unique jacuzzi is so very relaxing. The rooms are not your boring, standard room at a chain hotel, they are all unique.
At The Niche restaurant Chef Yarienid cooks up the most delicious food with a wonderful atmosphere. Roberto, Hector and Donna gave us excellent personal service, very attentive to our every needs.
It has such a comfortable atomsphere that at every meal we ate, we ended up talking to the other people having a meal, as well as the staff exchanging stories of everyone's experiences and learning alot about Puerto Rico and beyond.
The hotel personnel, Margarita,Oscar,Fernando,Andres go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable, welcome and cared for. They don't treat you as just a customer, they treat you as family. They just couldn't do enough for us. If we asked for something they made it twice as good. All personnel there gave us good information on where to go (and not to go), transportation, and local information (rather than tourist information). I can't say enough about the staff of the Acacia Boutique Hotel! We hope to have the chance to return again some day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

From check in to check out, I absolutely loved my stay is this hotel.

Keep in mind, I did not start to travel on a major until a few years ago. I was used to staying in the big chain hotels (Holiday Inn, Hilton, Marriott, etc). I was leery about staying in a hotel of this type. However, I was surprised on a grand scale once my cab dropped me off at the Acacia.

From the outside, it looked like a very beautiful old-fashioned hotel. Once inside, the interior was very clean and had a very antique look. Before I checked in, I stopped to admire my surroundings and felt great about it.

The front staff were VERY friendly and accommodating. They remembered my name from the reservation. I believed I fired off about a zillion questions. Both the male and female at the front desk answered EVERY question I asked of them. Most of my questions dealt the surrounding area, points of interest and the like. This would go on throughout my stay. Whether it be a linen change request, calling a for a cab, or whatever, the front desk attendants were on point.

Now there is a nice restaurant inside of the hotel on the first floor. I say nice, because I would regularly see well dressed people pull up in Mercedes Benzes, limos and other fancy rides. I did not get a chance to go there because I was dealing with other matters in San Juan. If the restaurant service is anything like the service at the hotel, I am sure you will enjoy it.

The location is perfect. Is it in the "Condado District" of San Juan, very trendy and vibrant area. The hotel is a small side street. You can access the beach, which is a few steps to the left once you exit the hotel's front door. The area is very safe. Whether it was in the afternoon or late at night, you will always see officers from both the Puerto Rico Police Department and San Juan Police Department patrolling in cars and on foot. Of course, all of the great points of interest in San Juan are accessible via a cab ride, or if you rented a car, a short drive.

Without a doubt, I would recommend Acacia Boutique Hotel to ANYONE. I assume the staff there are still the great friendly people that I met during my stay last year.

Easily 5-stars!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
InnontheBlueHorizon, General Manager at Acacia Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hola Hilltop202.

Thank you so much for your kind words, our front desk agents take pride in serving our guest with all the tools needed to make their stay in Puerto Rico a magical one. We believe that one of our most important assets is our people and their ability to connect with our guests.

We already shared this review with them and they felt very happy to hear this from a most extraordinaire guest.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you are here in the island and if we can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us.
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Acacia is my favorite Boutique Hotel. The heated pool is perfect for relaxing after a day of exploring Old San Juan and The Condado Beach area. I stayed with my sister at Christmas but knew I had to return with my husband to experience the romantic feel this small hotel cultivates with it's Old World charm mixed with Modern Buddha Lounge decor in the lobby and the giant Buddha which greets you as you enter into Niche, the underground gourmet restaurant and bar. Very sexy and very cool. I went to celebrate my 50th Birthday, Oscar remembered me from my previous visit and made me feel like a VIP, even moving me to my favorite room when it became available on our second day there. The service is first class, the setting romantic, delicious food and the beach is just down the street, you can even hear the waves at night when your in the pool under the beautiful Caribbean Night Sky. It was a perfect trip, I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013
InnontheBlueHorizon, General Manager at Acacia Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear IslaNenaGirl:

Thank you for your kind words. It fills us with great joy to hear that you had wonderful experience here at the hotel and is our pleasure to welcome you again. We are very glad that you chose our restaurant Niche to celebrate such occasion and savor the exquisite dishes that it is known for. We already shared this review with Oscar who was very happy to hear about your experience and can’t wait to greet you once again. Please feel free to come and visit anytime and let us be host of a lot more of memories to come.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful hotel and was very quaint and authentic to Puerto Rico. Feel lucky that we stayed here instead of a resort further down the coast. Met great people( Donna , Louis and Andres) that directed us to great places to visit while we were there. It was our anniversary and we went to the Niche restaurant visited with Donna who is wonderful and had fantastic food and beverages while we were there. Great place to stay to experience the culture. Hot tub is huge and nice. Walk to the beach and we could see it from our room. Close walking to restaurants and shopping. Loved our time there!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear vgomez13:

Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to know that you had a wonderful time here at the Acacia Boutique Hotel. We are very glad that you chose to celebrate a very special moment in your life in our Restaurant Niche. We already shared this review with the staff specially Donna who was very happy to hear about your experience. If anything please contact us directly, and give us a visit next time you are here in Puerto Rico.

Been to Acacia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!