“Nice hotel a bit far from main attraction” 4 of 5 stars

Acacia Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Taft St | Condado, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #17 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hotel a bit far from main attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at Acacia hotel a month ago as part of our Honeymoon journey .
I arrived sick after a long flight the homeowner was very caring & immediately tried to do everything to help and even brought me juice from the bar-so nice of her .
we stayed there 2 nights
Area : east to condado main beach,pretty remote from San Juan main attraction , need a taxi or to rent a car (note that parking is available upon request a head) there is restaurants area & supermarket within 10-15 minutes walk on the main street .
Hotel : was very nicely decorated fine detailed spanish villa , we liked it very much .
Room: At the beginning we received cave like room no windows on the first floor . after we mentioned our disappointed at the front desk the room was changed to 2nd floor with balcony and partial ocean view, much nicer . the water pressure in shower was low and never enough towels although we asked for more .
We found it to be a nice quick stop to relax after a long flight getting to PR .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Acacia Hotel last week and it was the best choice we could have made. We were looking for something local, tropical and lacking corporate design.

Location: Right off the beach, two blocks from a "To Go" store/Gas Station, and Eateries.

Niche: This is amazingly delicious and friendly restaurant is on the first floor of the hotel. Currently it is ranked the number in the area and rightfully so. The drinks are beyond delish, the staff is friendly and food is out of this world. We soon made the acquaintance of Donna, Alexandra and Roberto, which had us coming down daily. They are a large part of why this experience such a great one. If you need to know anything about the island and activities they are the ones to go to.

Rooms: We reserved a Double Superior Room with a balcony. Upon checking the room we wanted wasn't available so we had to either down or upgrade. We chose the King room with balcony, but where disappointed. This room was almost $300 more, not a private balcony but shared and we didn't have a fridge/microwave like other rooms. Even with this, we will totally stay here again and advise anyone to stay here. The room was always clean, cool and inviting.

Staff: Like I said everyone especially Donna was incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating. They make this place such a great hotel. After a few days they made it feel so much like home. We were so sad to leave. Our last nights they asked when we would return, for our contact information and took pictures with us.

If you are looking for a hotel in the city, near the beach and contains amazing drinks/food then you should stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our experience started at front desk, with Francisco who was absolutely AWESOME! He took his time eith us to elain his favorite places to eat both in the area within walking distance and in Old San Juan. he also brought our bags up to 3rd floor and got us ice fron the 1st floor ice machine. This was GREAT as we are 2 older ladies and there is no elevator, one may want to keep in mind when making reservations. hFrncisco was ber polite, courteous and oversll great personality to deal with throughout the trip. His English as well as the rest of the staff's was perfect, which was in our favor as we dont speak Spanish.

Be sure to make reservations for parking if you have a car. it is very limited space and a very short ealk from hotel, but convenient. you have ccess to the gate with a remote clicker. The one downside with it is it is very tight parking and our car was often blocked and had to go into that hotels office to have car moved, which I found irritating, especially when the ladt day , it was an employee's car behind mine, which I found irritating! Others were people checking in just pulling up behind you or parking in middle blocking u to get in/out. Good side, it was a place to park, because there really isn't anywhere available on the street! i just feel it shouldn't be an additional charge, under the circumstances.

Try the Ceviche in their restaurant, Niche, it was AWESOME! I had never eaten it and wish I would have had time to try it again while we were threre. The tall short hair guy in the restaurant helped me out when I was ill, with a lemon for my room! that was nice! also, when we returned late to our room and i was ill, the staff Paco and lady helped my friend with our bsgs and ice upstairs they were very nice also. Paco was around several times throughout the trip and was very friendly, politeand helpful also.

Oscar checked us out and was helpful in attempting to get our boarding passes and also carried luggage down and packed in car for us and printed our invoice for checkout.

The room itself was a full bed on 3rd floor with a nice porch looking out towards the beach . The only problem, the view is blocked in the center a highrise building, but u can see water on each side between other buildings. The pool size hot tub was very enjoyable and very nice area. not sure about the rooms amenities right behind it , but seems like they would be the perfect rooms to request for a furure visit. room itself had double bed with ample storage in a dresser and a smsll hanging rack, with a small but noce bathroom with a nice step in shower. it was very clean. they also have beach towel and washer/dryer downstairs. it was vonvenient to everywhere we wanted to vosot and a grocery store very near by as well as gas and restsurants. to the right down Ashford are many shops and restaurants. parking is few and far between. However, we found parking at the garage in the Radisson Hotel , going to eat or shop then come back playing a short bit in the Casino , Ambassador there and tey would validate your parking which worked out well for us!

Just a short drive further down Ashford we enjoyed the salad bar at Sizzler, the sirloin surprisingly was great and the ribs were pretty good also. then a short drive down and you are in Old San Juan.

Overall, I would return to stay at Acacia it is very nicely decorated starting with the lobby as you walk in , very clean and staff is fery polite, friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: request 2nd floor behind hot tub
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved this hotel! Super cute and quiet. ~$20 cab ride to/from the airport and Old San Juan. Staff was helpful with restaurant recommendations and even printed our boarding passes! 1/2 block to the beach and the hotel has a small reserve of beach chairs to use! TIP: bring or buy a small ice chest to take with you to the beach. We bought one at Walgreens for $10. The hotel has an ice machine and the rooms have a mini fridge which was really nice. The jacuzzi is a heated pool at best which I did not mind since I am expecting... ~6 blocks to Walgreens, Starbucks, Burger King, Raddisson Casino, and other eateries.
See my other reviews for eats in San Juan!

Room Tip: This is not a beachfront hotel so a partial view of the beach is the best you will get on the 2nd an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were blown away by the service, design and location of the Acacia. The staff were helpful and genuinely kind; the hotel is beautiful and modern while also being overwhelmingly comfortable; and it's literally two minutes from a long stretch of beautiful beach.

Room Tip: Our room had a nice shared balcony which was great for getting a glimpse of the Caribbean and for ha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's interesting reading some recent reviews that say this location was booked, but because of over-booking they were sent a block down the road to the sister location Wind Chimes. I say interesting because about four months ago I booked the Wind Chimes and upon arrival it was over-booked....so I got sent down to Acacia Boutique at no additional charge. I wouldn't say it's a "bait and switch" because they seem to be doing what they can.

The rooms are OK but the staff and ambiance are wonderful. I was there on business and didn't get to see the beach, so I can't comment on it (I actually only saw it for about two minutes from the balcony--that's it!).

Restaurant on site is excellent. I mean, wow....the chef made me an appetizer on the house that was stunning and tasty. I can't recall what it was, but the main dish I ordered was their tacos and for being listed as an appetizer it was very filling.

I only give it four stars, but to be honest I don't think there are many nicer hotels around that are this close to the ocean, this quaint, etc. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. In fact, I probably will in May when I go back for business.

They have some limited parking available by I was out of luck both days I stayed--no room. I parked on the street a block away both nights and everything was fine. It looked like I got the last spot both times so it's not like there's lots of room on the street, so be prepared to hunt for a spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Acacia for four nights in March; technically "in-season", but before the weather gets really hot, a great time to visit PR. The location was superior; quiet and right next to the beach, but a short walk away from the busier Condado center with its large hotels, casinos and restaurants. The lobby and ground floor entryway was very nicely appointed and clean, and the staff extremely courteous and helpful. They set us off on the right foot the first night, giving out great recommendations for food and local activities, and were extremely solicitous throughout our stay. Our room on the ground floor was small, but comfortable, and the king-size bed was excellent. Water pressure and bathroom amenities were very good, and although I wasn't sure about the uncarpeted floor at first, it was quite suitable for the temperature and the probability of guests bringing sand back from the beach. The on-site restaurant was beyond our budget for entrees, but we had several tasty breakfasts there as well as some appetizers and drinks in the evening. For the price, I think the Acacia was a great place to stay and we would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We didn't book a balcony room or use the pool, so can't really weigh in on that. For bookin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Acacia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!