“April 7-11, 2013 great stay Judy Hughes/Agenda Burnett” 4 of 5 stars

Acacia Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Taft St | Condado, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Houston, TX
“April 7-11, 2013 great stay Judy Hughes/Agenda Burnett”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our experience started at front desk, with Francisco who was absolutely AWESOME! He took his time eith us to elain his favorite places to eat both in the area within walking distance and in Old San Juan. he also brought our bags up to 3rd floor and got us ice fron the 1st floor ice machine. This was GREAT as we are 2 older ladies and there is no elevator, one may want to keep in mind when making reservations. hFrncisco was ber polite, courteous and oversll great personality to deal with throughout the trip. His English as well as the rest of the staff's was perfect, which was in our favor as we dont speak Spanish.

Be sure to make reservations for parking if you have a car. it is very limited space and a very short ealk from hotel, but convenient. you have ccess to the gate with a remote clicker. The one downside with it is it is very tight parking and our car was often blocked and had to go into that hotels office to have car moved, which I found irritating, especially when the ladt day , it was an employee's car behind mine, which I found irritating! Others were people checking in just pulling up behind you or parking in middle blocking u to get in/out. Good side, it was a place to park, because there really isn't anywhere available on the street! i just feel it shouldn't be an additional charge, under the circumstances.

Try the Ceviche in their restaurant, Niche, it was AWESOME! I had never eaten it and wish I would have had time to try it again while we were threre. The tall short hair guy in the restaurant helped me out when I was ill, with a lemon for my room! that was nice! also, when we returned late to our room and i was ill, the staff Paco and lady helped my friend with our bsgs and ice upstairs they were very nice also. Paco was around several times throughout the trip and was very friendly, politeand helpful also.

Oscar checked us out and was helpful in attempting to get our boarding passes and also carried luggage down and packed in car for us and printed our invoice for checkout.

The room itself was a full bed on 3rd floor with a nice porch looking out towards the beach . The only problem, the view is blocked in the center a highrise building, but u can see water on each side between other buildings. The pool size hot tub was very enjoyable and very nice area. not sure about the rooms amenities right behind it , but seems like they would be the perfect rooms to request for a furure visit. room itself had double bed with ample storage in a dresser and a smsll hanging rack, with a small but noce bathroom with a nice step in shower. it was very clean. they also have beach towel and washer/dryer downstairs. it was vonvenient to everywhere we wanted to vosot and a grocery store very near by as well as gas and restsurants. to the right down Ashford are many shops and restaurants. parking is few and far between. However, we found parking at the garage in the Radisson Hotel , going to eat or shop then come back playing a short bit in the Casino , Ambassador there and tey would validate your parking which worked out well for us!

Just a short drive further down Ashford we enjoyed the salad bar at Sizzler, the sirloin surprisingly was great and the ribs were pretty good also. then a short drive down and you are in Old San Juan.

Overall, I would return to stay at Acacia it is very nicely decorated starting with the lobby as you walk in , very clean and staff is fery polite, friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: request 2nd floor behind hot tub
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved this hotel! Super cute and quiet. ~$20 cab ride to/from the airport and Old San Juan. Staff was helpful with restaurant recommendations and even printed our boarding passes! 1/2 block to the beach and the hotel has a small reserve of beach chairs to use! TIP: bring or buy a small ice chest to take with you to the beach. We bought one at Walgreens for $10. The hotel has an ice machine and the rooms have a mini fridge which was really nice. The jacuzzi is a heated pool at best which I did not mind since I am expecting... ~6 blocks to Walgreens, Starbucks, Burger King, Raddisson Casino, and other eateries.
See my other reviews for eats in San Juan!

Room Tip: This is not a beachfront hotel so a partial view of the beach is the best you will get on the 2nd an...
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were blown away by the service, design and location of the Acacia. The staff were helpful and genuinely kind; the hotel is beautiful and modern while also being overwhelmingly comfortable; and it's literally two minutes from a long stretch of beautiful beach.

Room Tip: Our room had a nice shared balcony which was great for getting a glimpse of the Caribbean and for ha...
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's interesting reading some recent reviews that say this location was booked, but because of over-booking they were sent a block down the road to the sister location Wind Chimes. I say interesting because about four months ago I booked the Wind Chimes and upon arrival it was over-booked....so I got sent down to Acacia Boutique at no additional charge. I wouldn't say it's a "bait and switch" because they seem to be doing what they can.

The rooms are OK but the staff and ambiance are wonderful. I was there on business and didn't get to see the beach, so I can't comment on it (I actually only saw it for about two minutes from the balcony--that's it!).

Restaurant on site is excellent. I mean, wow....the chef made me an appetizer on the house that was stunning and tasty. I can't recall what it was, but the main dish I ordered was their tacos and for being listed as an appetizer it was very filling.

I only give it four stars, but to be honest I don't think there are many nicer hotels around that are this close to the ocean, this quaint, etc. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. In fact, I probably will in May when I go back for business.

They have some limited parking available by I was out of luck both days I stayed--no room. I parked on the street a block away both nights and everything was fine. It looked like I got the last spot both times so it's not like there's lots of room on the street, so be prepared to hunt for a spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Acacia for four nights in March; technically "in-season", but before the weather gets really hot, a great time to visit PR. The location was superior; quiet and right next to the beach, but a short walk away from the busier Condado center with its large hotels, casinos and restaurants. The lobby and ground floor entryway was very nicely appointed and clean, and the staff extremely courteous and helpful. They set us off on the right foot the first night, giving out great recommendations for food and local activities, and were extremely solicitous throughout our stay. Our room on the ground floor was small, but comfortable, and the king-size bed was excellent. Water pressure and bathroom amenities were very good, and although I wasn't sure about the uncarpeted floor at first, it was quite suitable for the temperature and the probability of guests bringing sand back from the beach. The on-site restaurant was beyond our budget for entrees, but we had several tasty breakfasts there as well as some appetizers and drinks in the evening. For the price, I think the Acacia was a great place to stay and we would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We didn't book a balcony room or use the pool, so can't really weigh in on that. For bookin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Acacia staff were great before I even left the states to set foot in their hotel. My friend booked the hotel under his name and credit card, but he was not going to be there before another person and I got there. I figured I would be tired from the flight and would want to drop off my luggage before the guy who booked it got there. So I called the hotel the night before our trip. I spoke with Margarita about the situation. She said Oscar would call me back in 15 minutes. He called in like 2 minutes. He gave me his number and said to have the person who booked the room call him and if he got the okay from the booking party, the other person and I could check in. It was taken care in no time and worked flawlessly - one less thing on my mind.

When we got there, Margarita knew exactly who I was from our short convo over the phone. Because of how patient and polite I was about the situation over the phone, she said she upgraded our room for no charge.

We got this super sweet location - our room was located next to the ginormous and beautiful hot tub. Not bubbling jets, but who cares? It was warm and relaxing and clean and gorgeous. So awesome for when you feel like you should soak up more outdoors water time, but want to be close to your hotel (and room!). Spent at least a few minutes every night in the hot tub. No one rowdy was in it for the three nights we stayed, but I could see it being a very attractive place for everyone, from quiet couples to party crowds on spring break.

The hotel itself is so pretty and unique. Really a "boutique" place. Hard to describe, but look at the pics posted by other reviewers to get the idea. It's a really fun and artful place.

No elevators, but not a huge deal. If you have trouble with steps, then make sure to get a room on the first floor.

Location - it really is less than a block away from the beach. Pretty sweet.

The service was always awesome. Margarita was always there to chat and to give excellent recommendations on places to eat. Yanita (spelling?) was helpful and Michelle so patiently gave me a bunch of advice on bike rentals, Old San Juan,and restaurants. Even the gentleman at the door gave me super helpful advice on a local and reasonably-priced car rental place that will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel (saving me a couple taxi rides to and from SJU for a rental).
And as a nice little touch, there was always ice-cold, fruit infused water in a dispenser, waiting for us at the front desk with every trip in and out of the hotel.

I've read the Trip Advisor reviews. Beach towels never ran out when we were there. No one was ever rude. The rooms are somewhat small, but I think that's just how the local hotels are. I think us Americans are used to crazy big rooms with more space than one could ever need, so it's a slight change from that. But not a problem at all. I'm there to crash at the end of a long day of enjoying San Juan. It's true that we had no fridge, like other reviewers stated. But really this is kind of a plus. I think it helps keep bugs out of the room when hotel patrons don't get into the habit of turning the room into a kitchen. Plenty of shower supplies - towels, hand towels, washcloths, soaps. The toilet and shower ran well. Really liked the cool tiling found in the shower area. Huge tv on the wall of the room, but I wasn't there to watch tv, so we never turned it on. The room was very clean. It's also true that you have to go a block up to the sister hotel Wind Chime Hotel to have access to a pool. But being a block from the beach, I didn't ever feel the need to jump into a pool, so I never went there to use it. The staff are shared between the hotels during a few off-hours, but someone was always around or close by to help. Great A/C, too.

Didn't try the Niche restaurant located within the hotel, so I can't give a review of that.

This place had everything I needed for a great stay - great price, excellent customer service, and cleanliness. The amazing hot tub, the close proximity to the beach, and the beautiful decor were bonuses. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone in the vicinity of San Juan.

PS - there was this really neat area on the fourth floor rooftop. There was a full bathroom (shower and toilet) and then several lounge chairs on the roof area. I spent some time up there a couple nights, just enjoying the quiet, warm San Juan night. Really relaxing after a long day of beach time or touristy stuff.

Room Tip: I think the room numbers that end in 07 and 08 are located closer to the hot tub. It's still e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Soldotna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and found it a perfect venue for us. Couple looking for a romantic small hotel with access to beach and great food (Niche restaurant - on site). Room was small but we got used to it. Great balcony for coffee & cocktails with a sneak leak of the ocean. Good location for town walking or the beach. Two mornings of street noise had us keep air conditioner on the third night & that worked like a charm to sleep better.

Room Tip: Upper floor & off street side may be better than our street side room 301
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Acacia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!