“Our First Trip to Puerto Rico” 4 of 5 stars

Acacia Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Taft St | Condado, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #14 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Mississauga, Canada
“Our First Trip to Puerto Rico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very cozy Hotel located in Ocean Park El Condado nice and safe neighborhood two minutes walking to the beach. Hotel provides chairs and towels for the beach. Not all rooms have fridge and microwave. Plenty of restaurants and stores five minutes walking from the hotel. Hotel is quiet and private. Fantastic weather. We had a great time in Puerto Rico !!

Room Tip: After all the emails I sent, a month prior to our trip, to Booking.com requesting a good room, I did...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved this place! I like the coziness that boutique hotels offer. It's private and quiet. If you want all the amenities and bustle that the larger hotels offer this is not for you. I read bad reviews and wonder what people expect from boutique hotels. The staff was very friendly. Niche restaurant is available for those who want the whole hotel experience. It is highly rated. I only experienced the ceviche as an appetizer for my room for a late snack and it was superb. Room 206 where I stayed has the jacuzzi right outside for convenience. The front desk is helpful in making any kind of arrangements to get you where you want to go. I used the local bus to get to Viejo San Juan and back which is only $0.75 although there is plenty within walking distance from the hotel. All in all, I would stay there again. Thanks Acacia for a great vacation!

Room Tip: Room 206 - King bed with jacuzzi outside the room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Davenport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel...from the friendliness of the front desk ladies to my very adequate room. Understand that it is a boutique hotel that won't blow you away with amenities but what they offer is second to none. Just minutes from the main beach and walking distance to many restaurants and entertainment options this fit my needs very well and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

No question, this hotel is in a nice loctaion, if you like to walk. Cozy, yes. Some of the staff, friendly. The service at the hotel do not meet high expectaion al all times. I guess you get for wnat you pay, however, for the cost of the rooms you can stay at the Caribe Hilton and enjoy the most woderful ocean view, besides meeting really nice peopple from all over the world.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Its been a few weeks since our return and we have GREAT memories of our wonderful vacation here! We stayed here a few nights and then the last few nights, down the block at their 'sister' hotel, Wind Chimes and both were wonderful. Staff was super helpful and went out of their way to accommodate in EVERY WAY, from making reservations, restaurant recommendations, printing us maps, even our return home boarding passes. Everyone was GREAT! The hot tub at Acacia as well as Restaurant Niche, was so lovely. Then the pool at Wind Chimes so delightful. We timed it right as both facilities we not full so most times we had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves. Housekeeping staff was very thorough. For an extra $$, they even did my laundry. All in all, it was a glorious stay for us and we long to go back soon. Oh and this trip is not complete without a stroll down the road to the BEST bakery Kasalta. LOVED everything about it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great hotel staff who takes care of you from check in through after you check out by arranging transportation and allowing you use of their facilities until you depart. Huge jacuzzi on the 2nd floor overlooking the beach and use of the pool at Wind Chimes. Infused water in the lobby and extra clean facilities throughout finished this off for a great experience. Don't expect to come here for a casino atmosphere but rather to lay back and relax with few people to disturb you in a beautiful place.

Room Tip: No rooms were bad but the suites are amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 non consecutive nights and both nights were given the wrong rooms. Twice the front desk staff tried to make our experience great but the manager Chad who I only spoke to by phone was less than helpful and downright condescending at times. The rooms advertised on their website are not the rooms you will get so make sure to print out your reservation sheets. They also charged my crecit card twice for one night then argued with me about the payment and I literally had to show them on my iphone they had charged me twice. The hotel is beautiful but not worth the hassle. I recommend staying elsewhere as there are so many nicer hotels near by.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Acacia Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!