“best kept secret in san juan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
atlanta
“best kept secret in san juan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

from the time i checked in, nothing but the best service. although the hotel doesn't have a casino or is not on the beach, the service, hotel staff, amenities, and the value more than makes up for it.
the staff were extremely friendly, courteous, and attentive. the rooms are hip yet comfortable and well kept. if there was anything we needed, like a cab, directions to a attraction, a toothbrush, or even a sewing kit; they made sure to get it for us.
Shouts out to the best staff, especially the Peter, Wanda, Carlos, Elezar, and Primo. (by the way ladies, the male staff here are sexy and muy caliente!)
we had friends that stayed in a " top notch" hotel but when they visited us at the hotel they said they wished they booked here instead. The staff, free breakfast, and amenties won them over.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I knew from the other reviews that my stay here would be a good idea and I was right. We checked in around 2 PM and it was smoother than I expected since we arrived earlier than the 3 PM check in. Margarita greeted us with a smile and a warm cookie and she was awesome! We requested a larger room and she took care of our request immediately. Antonio was awesome in giving us the best spots to eat and visit. He was our "GPS on feet". Gilberto was another person that I cannot forget to mention. He's a breathe of fresh air....very polite.
Overall this hotel is comfortable with great customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

From the moment I arrived, it was clear that the goal of the staff was to ensure my comfort. Every question was answered pleasantly, help was freely offered, and I even got a call from the manager to make sure that my room was satisfactory. While the room itself was on the small side, it was cleverly appointed to be most comfortable and utilitarian at the same time. The bathroom was a fun surprise---certainly a departure from the ordinary!
Thank you, DoubleTree!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We only stayed one night before we went to Vieques, we chose the Doubletree because of the reviews on this site and the value.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was small, but very nicely appointed and clean; a most effective use of the space. The courtyard pool and whirlpool looked amazing, but it was raining, so we didn't go in.

When we come back to San Juan, this is on the top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

The hotel is beautiful. Very contemporary. The staff is wonderful. They are helpful, knowledgable and pleasant. They gym was excellent. The pool and spa open 24 hours. Very clean hotel!!!! A 24 hr grocery store across the street. Art museum a 5 min walk. The bristro in the hotel was expensive for the quality. Under the Trees across the lot was a great atmosphere and a good value for the quality. Very close the airport and the cruise ports. Tours booked through the hotel were fantastic. We told them what we wanted they did everything, we just showed up in the lobby at the time they told us. I would stay here again as a family vacation or just as a get away for two. Oh and the warm chocolate chip cookies are great at check in.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I came to this hotel since year 2002; I stayed here for business purposes at least six to eight times per year (four days minimum, each stay)
As a guest, I supported the entire remodeling of the hotel that took more than two years because the excellent location and great customer service at the front desk that made me feel like at home. When the hotel become Hilton (End of year 2008) I stayed until today’s date four times and I can confirm the reservations process doesn't work good or better said it is not the same as it was in the past. For my last stay I called five times the past week from the states to the Hotel in Puerto Rico to make the reservations and after greeting the person who answered the phone he transfer the call to reservations. Them put me on hold, and after long waiting (more than five minutes), I hung-up and called back again and again. I thought that they were very busy that day and called back the day after and the waiting was the same, so I called back and inform the person who answered the phone what was going on and she transferred my call to the Hilton reservations center in the US, where I finally booked my reservations. Because I felt loyal to the hotel I called back to Puerto Rico asking for the general Manager Mr. Yodil to inform him what was happening, and after confirming that he was at the office I requested one of his assistants to transfer my call to him. He didn't take the call, I called back him twice presuming to speak with him and left a voice message asking for a call back, and he never did. When I checked in on, September 14th, 2009 I asked for him to inform about this but again he IGNORED me. This is the reason why I am writing this review. In general I am satisfied with the hotel, specially I like the location and the front desk customer service is outstanding; but as a person, I don’t feel good when the Manager ignores me not one but more than four times. I will do my research to find a hotel close to this area to switch for next stays and I really recommend the travelers to test the reservation process calling to [--]

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Dear TripAdvisor User,

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I am genuinely heartbroken that as a repeat guest you would depart our hotel with the feelings that you have expressed. I personally want to apologize for the inconvenience that you have mention. I try to make my self as accessible possible to all of our guests and actually encourage them to contact my via e-mail yodil.caban@hilton.com to make the arrangements to welcome them to our hotel. I am so sorry that I was not aware of your situation before, as I would have defiantly contacted you and taken the necessary measures to fix or improve the situation.

I am truly sorry that you had this negative experience and hope that you will see this as an isolated incident. I can assure you that this does not represent the efforts and willingness to serve of our entire staff. I thank you for you patience and understanding. When possible please contact me to see how we can offset this feeling.

Always at your service,

Yodil Caban
San Juan, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Went with my husband for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon. It was an excellent choice. Our check-in was late after the wedding and we had no trouble with the process. Front desk clerk was actually waiting for us. Quick check-in, no hassle. The room was in excellent cleanliness state. Very comfortable. Only thing we thought was that refrigerator would be stocked and it was not. No biggie. Supermarket across the street very handy. Little misshap with the keycard and it was fixed very quickly. Staff very friendly. We didn’t go to pool or restaurants but they looked in good condition. Check out was as quick and easy as check-in. Overall, we loved our stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!