“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

everything was great!! staff is wonderful! very prompt very professional! i loved my stay and this hotel! i would've stayed longer if i could have but i will return in the future t this property. steps away from the beach very relaxing

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We checked in right on time around 4 PM after flying in from the US. The Reception Desk staff was very kind, happy, and friendly toward us. We received maps and all the information needed about the hotel, grounds, local attractions, amenities, etc. He knew the answer to every question we had. The rooms are very nice. They are small, but we had plenty of space for ourselves. The modern decor is really sharp and I loved the bathroom! The entire place is spotless and crisp-- very clean. Business services were good. It wasn't very crowded at the hotel, so we felt very comfortable sitting in the courtyard with our dinner we fetched. It felt private and quiet at every place we sat. Breakfast buffet was really good. The coffee is AMAZING! Food was high quality and servers were smiling and sweet. Housekeeping was helpful and gave me more soaps for the trip when I asked for some extras before we left. The gift shop and chocolate shop is reasonable and staff is friendly. This was a wonderful stop over the night before a cruise. On check out, staff was just as pleasing. We were sad to say goodbye. I would surely recommend this hotel for any length of stay. The major grocery store across the street is a huge asset, too.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small, but we found them to be very clean and nicely furnished. If you have quest...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great rooms. I loooooove the showers!!! Okay location. Very nice staff. I would stay here again. The pool is nice and inviting. Grocery store across the street. The bus stop is less than a half block up, but the bus takes a very looooooooooong time to come.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Juan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We traveled for pleasure before a business trip and stayed here. This hotel is 10 minutes from airport, there are restaurants and shops all around, and it is about 10 minutes from Old San Juan. Large clean room. Great island to explore.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hudson, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had just returned from a cruise and decided to spend an extra day in Puerto Rico. We got a great rate at the Doubletree and it was fairly close to the Port and airport. The hotel is very nice. In a nice area. There is a grocery store across the street, a Starbucks right next door. The rooms are very nice, especially the shower area. Plenty of room. Had a problem on the day we were leaving with the shower drain backing up all over. Had to stop showering, as it was flooding the bathroom. Pain in the neck being all full of soap. The front desk sent a plumber up and he worked on the clog, adding a strong odor to the room. After considerable discussion, the front desk staff grudgingly gave us a 50% refund on the room due to the inconvenience. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My partner and a friend of mine stayed together in a queen room with a pull out murphy bed. The room itself wasn't very large but we made good use of the drawers and closet space to store our belongings for the week. The furnishings in the room are modern and reminded me of something you'd see in a West Elm catalog.

As we were sharing the room with a friend of ours, the set up of the bathroom was a bit awkward with the frosted glass sliding door. Certainly not a dealbreaker for us but I guess i'm old fashioned and like having a wooden door. When nature called we just played music from our phones while we were in the bathroom as an extra sound proofing measure! LOL

The only other minor inconveniences that I have say about the hotel is that you cannot open the windows in the room to let in any fresh air and there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was small but more than adequate. I especially liked having the option to have a ready-made omelet or scramble each morning to start the day. A carafe of coffee is maintained on each table and the servers are attentive to your needs. I also especially liked the fact that the breakfast buffet never seemed swamped with people as if you were staying at a big resort.

The beach is a few blocks away from the hotel and free transport via a golf cart is provided by the hotel along with beach chairs, towels and umbrellas. We went to the beach mid-week as well as on the weekend and it was never crowded. The hotel also offers a small menu that you can order from while you are on the beach if you're in the mood for beer, water, a wrap or a salad.

This is a quiet business-class hotel and we did not see very many children on the property. The design of the rooms probably detracts families from staying here. Families are probably better suited to a bigger resort with more pools and kid-friendly activities.

The hotel is location near the SuperMax grocery store and within walking distance of all the restaurants in Condado. All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay at the Doubltree and would return in the future.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stood at the DTH in San Juan for 5 nights, the staff was friendly up until I had questioned the puerto rico experience package which is a part of the offer when booking with TripAdvisor. This package comes with a resort credit and a discount to the yelo spa located right next to the hotel. I had called down from my room and spoke to the woman from reservations who told me my room was booked through expedia and therefore I did not have this package. I had to come downstairs and show my phone (they even took it to the back because the woman could not come out and speak to me... customer service?!) to prove I booked through TripAdvisor. Of course, this wasn't enough. The man at the front desk (Peter - very rude) made me go into the computer room and provide a print out because showing my email which clearly had TripAdvisor on the heading was not 'enough' proof. At this point I was a bit frustrated, nonetheless I printed this for Peter. When I came back there was a nice long line and another gentleman named Guillermo helped me, informing me that I now had to call TripAdvisor and have them call the hotel to prove that I booked through them... ridiculous, how many different forms of proof are required for a $75 resort credit that they charge for one night alone?? It seemed like a bit much to me and it threw me for a loop.
If you book through TripAdvisor and are expecting to receive the credit and discount, think again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Saludos Jasmine R,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and confusion that you have described above. We currently have an offer called My Puerto Rico Experience available through doubletree.com website and promoted through Tripadvisor. This package includes: a $75 resort credit and 20% discount on various tours and car rental as well as a 10% discount at the new YeloSpa. The offer cannot be combined with other offers or group rate and has a minimum length of stay of three nights. Unfortunately we do not have it available through other booking channels or for one night stays. We will be reviewing the booking format of this package and take the necessary corrections to ensure our guest’s experiences are positive. Once again, I apologize for any inconveniences and if I can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Yodil Cabán
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan At Gallery Plaza

NOTE: We encourage our future guests to contact us directly at 1-877-926-3030 or by e-mail at reservations@sjdoubletree.com should they have any questions or need any special assistance from our hotel. As well we can be contacted through our facebook page (facebook.com/DoubletreeSanJuan).

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!