“THANK YOU, DOUBLETREE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Yonkers, New York
“THANK YOU, DOUBLETREE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'd done my research on this place beforehand from other user reviews (which, by the way, are the best way to get to know the experience that customers experience rather than just critics reviews), and everything everyone said about this spot is true! Check-in - easy and friendly. Room - clean, presentable, and cool! Note for customers - when you enter the room, turn on the air conditioning to the highest setting (55.0 F degrees), it will take about 2 or 3 hours to get down to a nice chilly 67 degrees, but it will be well worth it! Please take my advice! By the morning, the room was very nice and chilly. TV selection is not the best, just a few cable channels, but this is not the reason one gets a hotel room, so there are no points taken off for that. First day, staff did not fix my room up, but they did every other day I was there (housekeeping) and I was always met with a beautiful, clean room with clean sheets and towels. They give you 2 free bottled waters a day and coffee & tea for the coffee maker! That's terrific! I did not mind the bathroom frosted glass door as I was by myself. It also adds a nice modern touch! One note about the bathroom - the shower door does not totally keep the water from coming out of the shower area onto the area outside the shower door, so you end up with a puddle there, no matter how hard you try to keep the shower head toward the wall. I did not mind this because I just put the towel close to the door so it would soak up the extra water. This is a VERY MINOR criticism and it did not in any way spoil my stay. The beach - the beach is very nice and is only 4 blocks (about a 6 minute walk) from the hotel and there are very nice gentlemen that will set up a beach umbrella and chairs for you and give you a towel. If you go to the pool downstairs at night-time after dark, there will only be 2 or 3 people down there and you'll be better able to relax and enjoy it. I did not go during the day, I waited till night-time as it is open 24 hours! The jacuzzi is small but amazing! The pool is small too but if you go at night, you'll have the whole pool to yourself! It's also heated just like the jacuzzi but not as hot as the jacuzzi! The restaurant is a little pricey and the service is slow (sometimes it was way slower than it should be), but I did not mind that much. The drinks were pretty good and the female bartender is very friendly and good!

A special thank you to - I do not completely remember her name - I believe it is Yamil or or something similar, it is a young woman at the front desk, she is very pleasant! I was glad to see her upon check-out today, so friendly and kind! A NOTE ABOUT THE WIFI - The WiFi here was so good, I didn't even need a laptop - it was just as good WiFi as I have at home. Truly terrific!

Really quiet too. I did not hear the coquis and I did not hear anyone talking or making noise of any kind. I had a corner room on the 5th floor.

Thank you to all!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here the second week of December. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The pool was a bit small but for most of the week we seemed to have it to ourselves when we did avail ourselves of it. The beach was only a couple of blocks away - we walked there one day but there is a free shuttle at the hotel valet which we also used other times. There is a rep from double tree at the beach that provides loungers, an umbrella and towels. I loved the beach, the waves were large and aggressive, and there were people surfing just a short distance from us.
There is a grocery store across the road from the hotel that has most of the things you will need. They also have a hot bar where you can buy hot food at reasonable prices as well. A bottle of rum at the grocery store was on average $14 - the same bottle at the airport duty free was $24.
Take advantage of the local bus transit when going to old San Juan, it's .75 cents per person and right outside the resort.
Take advantage of trip advisor reviews to try different restaurants in the area - there are some great ones within walking distance (bout 20 minutes). I recommend Bagua and Oceano for two different options.
Overall double tree was a relaxing and convenient choice at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed December 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I agree with Gail M. The service, cleanliness and attention to detail are all present. Breakfast was included in the package I had chosen and, as highlighted by other guests, this is a full breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly at reception where they were able to advise on the best way to get to different local destinations. The location is convenient for both the beaches (10 minutes walk) and there is a bus stop nearby (1 minute walk) where you can get to Old San Juan for 75 cents. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel deserves an outstanding designation. We've been to several hotels in Puerto Rico, and this hotel has by far surpassed all of them. The quality of it all- service, cleanliness, and attention were all present at this hotel. From the moment we got there early in the morning at 10am, our room was available and we knew it would be a great stay. Diana was such an angel!!! We couldn't have enough of their signature free chocolate chip cookie. We selected breakfast with our stay, and is really a REAL BREAKFAST. Well done!!

The staff in the hotel is so friendly they make you feel like home. The Christmas decor was beautiful as well. We ate at different restaurants walking distance from the hotel; Asian food, Argentina food, etc. The hotel sponsors the corporate guest with a happy hour , was very well organized and we were greeted by the hotel manager(Mr. Yodil) that spent a little time with us.

Bottom line, we will be back to stay with the Doubletree again!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is centric, great customer service and clean. Very close to good restaurants, the beach, and accessible to Plaza las Americas, Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico, airport, and main business. About 10 minutes away from Old San Juan. Staff very helpful and willing to assist in anything. Food options are great.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

TORONTO, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we loved this hotel. It is a little away from the main areas, but it is worth the drive. Service was amazing. Staff was friendly and very accomodating. Room was clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure. Kamil, Courtney, Juan and all of the staff were more than helpful to ensure our trip was issue free.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was nice, clean, and the staff is friendly. The pool is open 24 hours and they have a decent gym on site. However, be aware of the daily resort fee that is added on, and if you are planning on site-seeing, this hotel is a bit far from san juan unless you want to pay for a taxi each day. The bus is an option for .75 each way and if you have a larger group (5 or more) the taxi's are a better price.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!