Despite some annoyances I really like this hotel ! It was clean and modern yet with a warmth and excellent decor. The service was friendly and welcoming.
I had a couple of issues
1. the location is 10 minutes by taxi to old San Juan. this requires a $20 avg. taxi ride each way. During my visit I had to go 2 times a day into town....thats $80!! But I got a good rate on the hotel so maybe it balanced out compared to a room of similar quality down town. And there really is no convenient way to take a bus.
2. From day one of my visit there were men on the roof just outside my window installing large AC piping...welding...hammering...power grinding. Impossible to nap in the afternoon and they began work at 8 am. My mistake was not to ask for a new room after the first day but I was already settled and unpacked and I also assumed that the workers would have changed location...but 4 days later they were still in the same spot and I never got a good nights sleep...despite the comfortable room. I finally complained on the last day out of desperation. At check out the woman at the desk was sincerely apologetic and offered me a complementary breakfast and was very helpful when I was trying to print my boarding pass. I'm quite sure they would have changed my room had I complained earlier. My fault.
3. The breakfast was so so overcooked eggs everyday, greasy everything else.
A couple of PROs: There is a full size supermarket just accros the street. and a 6 minute walk away you will find a very good french bistro and the san juan art museum and art center.
The public beach was a ten minute walk. Other than those there is really nothing else close by that I could find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Guest Rooms are equipped with a 32” Flat Screen TV with Premium HBO. Flexible work area features, a large desk, ergonomic chair, phone with voice mail and complimentary high-speed and wireless internet. Each guest room offers coffee service by Wolfgang Puck, refrigerator, microwave and MP3 compatible alarm clocks. For extraordinary meals, enjoy the finest in regional and international cuisines at one of our four restaurants, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Doubletree San Juan
- San Juan Doubletree
- Best Western San Juan
- San Juan Best Western
- Hotel Pierre Puerto Rico