“Would definitely return in a heartbeat.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
Free $50 Resort Credit
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Would definitely return in a heartbeat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I see someone else has mentioned Courtney in their review. I presume this is the same wonderful Courtney that helped us. We had a credit card problem that required ringing home to the UK in a hurry & she snapped us up & took care of us. I even joked I'd like to hug her to say thank you for her help but she might think me crazy. She provided the sort of service you normally only dream of.

The guys out the front in the taxi rank deserve a mention too. When we checked out to go on our cruise we were told when we returned we could come back to the hotel if we needed somewhere to chill before our flight back home. that is the sort of little extras that help make a vacation special.

The hotel is decorated with a gorgeous & modern feel. The massive double bed for my daughter that folded up into the wall was such a good idea! So much space during the day. The amenities are great. The food in Cafe Pierre's was delicious... especially the burger! There are so many good places to eat nearby, even the food truck across the street had damn good food. A supermarket across the street is extremely handy. You're 5 minutes from the beach & 5 minutes from Ashford Avenue & its nightlife.

I think the staff were trying to hint I had a caffeine problem because they kept leaving me only decaf coffee. Though they were very quick in bringing me my caffeine fix when I asked... or maybe they were scared. :)

My only niggle is the service charge. Yes, I was aware there would be a service charge. The business, wifi and other amenities were top notch. We did get an amazing rate on the room, it has to be said; but we weren't quite prepared for another $20 on top per day. This is the one & only reason the hotel didn't get a 5 stars from me. I might have felt differently if I'd just been made aware of this when booking or at least when I checked in. I would have still happily picked this hotel & I would most definitely want to return. It was just a bit of surprise when we got the bill at the end.

Actually I changed my mind & gave it 5 stars anyway. It really was a wonderful stay. That last star is for Courtney.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel overall is pretty nice. The Rooms are a decent size and the staff is pleasant. The pool is nice and so it the hot tube, but there both small. If your looking for a nice place to just relax then this it it, but your looking for a place that has more to offer other than a bed then this is not the place. The beach is far, there aren't a lot of eating options, and it tooo far from everything. If this property was on the beach it would be perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

After staying one night at another local hotel, we made reservations to change over to Doubletree. From the bellhops to the room service, all the staff were friendly and very helpful. It was great having a small "convenience store" in the hotel to grab snack items before heading out for the day. The cafe inside the hotel was also very delicious! We had late night desserts and breakfast at the cafe and both were yummy! It is also a 5 minute walking distance to Condado Beach, directly across the street from a supermarket and nearby shopping, airport and Old San Juan. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bend, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel has easy access from the airport, serves a nice mojito, and reflects the standard of DoubleTree hotels on the upper 48. Room smelled fresh, bed comfortable, breakfast adequate. Not much in the way of restaurants nearby, though a good Puerto Rican place is within a block. I'd stay here again when in the area. Be prepared to fork over another $20 as a service fee plus $13 taxes and $15 per day for self-parking even though these fees are not included in the room rate. The advertised room rate of $113 somehow ended up at $162.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpfull.

The rooms were neat. The Internet connection was fast and simple to use. The rooms were spacious.

The hotel location couldn't be better. 10 minutes to the airport and far away enough so that airplanes landing and taking off do not bother you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Doubletree is clean, has friendly staff and a decent restaurant. As others have mentioned, it is close to the airport. It is walking distance to the beach, but we did not find the Nearby beach to be very appealing. Your best bet is to use the sister hotels that staying here gives you the right to visit. We went and used the pool and beach at the Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde and La Concha in Condado. Both were nice, but I liked the Courtyard beach and pools better.

We stayed by the pool on the first floor. The sliding glass doors are double or triple panes so you don't hear anything. The pool area is nice. I did not use the gym, but it looked good with modern equipment.

We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant everyday except one. It is pretty good. As a Hilton Honors Gold member I received vouchers for 2 each day. If not for those, I think $16 for the buffet might be a little over priced, but that is typical pricing for hotels such as this one.

The staff at the front desk, the restaurant and the valets were all very pleasant and helpful. My family is bilingual, but you would be fine with English only as everyone spoke clearly in both languages.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few days prior to a cruise. Not on the water but a short walk. The water was actually too rough to swim in - red flag days every day we where there. 8/7/13 -8/11/13. We did a lot of site seeing so this location was perfect. There is a public bus on the corner to help cut taxi costs. Self service laundry facilities were very helpful. Staff at front desk nothing less than remarkable. Hats off to Courtney who worked very hard to put together site seeing days for us. Antonio at the valet desk - knew all the local great places to go. Gave great recommendations for local restaurants. Immaculately clean building and pool area. looking forward to staying there again. Very large supermarket with a cafe and excellent alcohol and wine department and pharmacy directly across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Saludos Susan S,

Thank you so much for your kind words, particularly about the front desk team. We believe that one of our most important assets is our people and their ability to connect with our guests. When I shared this review with them, it was truly nice to see how proud they felt, especially the team members that you have mentioned. We do hope to welcome you back and if I can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Yodil Cabán
yodil.caban@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!