“Amazing Stay at Double Tree Condado” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
Save Up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in San Juan
New York, United States
“Amazing Stay at Double Tree Condado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Staff, amenities and location are amazing! From check in to check out - we were treated to a 5 star service level. I will definitely be back. Love the proximity to beach and local store. I took advantage of access to sister property La Concha and enjoyed their private beach and pool as well. Loved everything about our stay. Thank you Double Tree Condado!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hola Michael H,
Thank your for your kind review. I was happy to read that you found the staff, amenities and location to be amazing and we would love to have you come back and stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.

1,489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree using our Hilton points. We were given an upgrade on arrival and really enjoyed our terrace during breakfast and a afternoon snack. We also took advantage of using the sister hotel La Concha's beach. It is a private beach at a nice hotel. We were able to grab a beach chair, umbrella and a drink at the bar and chill out for the rest of the day. The front desk was really helpful in guiding us on how to get to the West end of the island, El Yunque, and other various places. Our tour companies we booked before we came to go to the bio bay cancelled on us while we were driving. Courtney, Sugeil at the front desk were really helpful in finding us a new company. The front desk was super friendly. Our rooms were nice and clean with a refrigerator/microwave to store goodies from the grocery store across the street. We ate mostly at restaurants on the road so didn't try much of the selections at the hotel. Breakfast was okay. They also had a HH every evening which I attended one. It was good.

Hola desitraveler023,
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our upgraded balcony rooms. I shared your review with Courtney and Sugeil and they were excited to see that their assistance with finding you another tour company for the Bio Bay tour had such a positive impact. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if can be of further assistance.

St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Short weekend Trip to San Juan to do some shopping. An every other month Trip for me. (Needed when you live on a small island) The Hotel is easy to find and close to everything. Not right on the Beach, but I was not looking for that! The Staff was attentive and I would like to point out two: Krystal at the Front Desk and Diane in the resturant, both truly know the meaning of Hospitality! I work for another hotel chain company and can truly say this was a great hotel with outstanding service. The rooms are small but very modern and the shower was amazing. There were a few mistakes that were minor at best. Every Hotel anywhere has them! For the price this place can't be beat. I will be staying there again. Thanks to the whole staff you did a great job... I know you guys read this!

Room Tip: the queen size bed room, will only fit 2 people and that would be tight! Perfect if there is only on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hola Patrick D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you loved your stay. I have also thanked Krystal and Diane for the great hospitality they provided you. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very good hotel. Lives up to the Hilton brand. Will not give you a "Wow" factor but definitely does not disappoint. Located right across the street from a 24 hour grocery store. This is awesome because each room has a refrigerator. About a $15 cab ride to Old San Juan. $17 taxi from airport. Love the free Wi-fi in the rooms. I didn't like the extra "resort fee" that you pay for the room. This is the only negative. I felt it was excessive considering what you received. It's a great hotel, but it's definitely not "resort" worthy.

Room Tip: The 24 Grocery store actually serves hot meals as well. It was a great place for breakfast or quick...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I recommend the hotel is very nice a well good service give you the super nice staff the restored the beautiful swimming pool close to everything cute I give him 100 for the good service I hope to see it soon. todo estava bello no me puedo quejar me gusto mucho espero verlo primer lugar que Dios los bendiga a todo lo q laboran ahi.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

From the moment we got out of the cab, our Hilton Doubletree experience was excellent. Check in was a breeze, accompanied by a warm and friendly bell hop and guest registration agent. The room was spacious, clean and in very good condition. I would definitely mark this as my "go to spot" when back in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hola Tamara S,
I was delighted to read that you had an excellent experience from start to finish while staying with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com and I will be happy to assist you with your reservations.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed 5 days at the Doubletree in Condado. The location is good (not great) as it is about a 10 minute walk to the beach and about 5 minutes to the restaurants and shops on Ashford. The rooms are small, particularly the bathrooms but are attractive, nicely appointed and recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant was good (great breakfast buffet). The pool area is relatively average and unfortunately the jacuzzi was broken 4/5 days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hola ATanber,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest while you were in Puerto Rico, and I was happy to see that you received friendly and helpful assistance from our staff throughout your stay. I apologize for the jacuzzi being out of order. It has been fixed now and also a heater has been installed in our pool to keep it at a nice temperature. Please feel free to contact me at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!