“Great Hotel to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I like the Doubletree Hotels Branch, but this one in el Condado en San Juan, I really enjoy. The rooms are clean and elephants. The facilities of the Hotel with the swimming pools and near beach makes it excellent to spend the day in the beach and the afternoon in the pools or the jacuzzi. It is close to el Viejo San Juan and a walk away to the beach. The restaurants are great! But this last time I stay the staff made my day. Thanks to Diana and especially to Courtney.
They always remember me by my name. Thanks again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hola JoseBerrios,
Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure having you as one of our frequent guests. I have shared your review with Diana and Courtney, and they were thrilled to find out they had such a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I don't know why the reviews for this hotel are so good. The rooms are incredibly small, the pool is tiny and the food was terrible. The pool area is so small there is no bar or food service that I could see. The room across the hall had about 5 adults and a couiple of kids who seem to be having some sort of family reunion in the middl eof the night.

I do have to say the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are kept clean and they come with a microwave and mini-refrigerator. There is a 24 hour grocery across the street and it is closer to the beaches. However, if your not a beach person or if the weather doesn't permit visiting the beach then you are stuck with taking a taxi elsewhere.

The breakfast buffett was like every other bad hotel breakfast buffett. The room service food was worse since it was also terribly expensive. I asked for Iced Tea and got a disgusting overly sweet canned version.

I'd rather be in a better room and have access to good amenities then stay in a mediocre hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Saludos Carries943,

First of all, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We do recognize that it is our obligation to constantly deliver the same outstanding service, as you had read from the majority of our reviews. I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director, Felix Vizcaino and we have already started to enhance our services. For example we have just implemented and are displaying a new pool menu.

We do encourage our guest to contact us directly for special requests and do have larger rooms, where if requested we will do our best to accommodate our guest’s needs.

Also from reading your review it seems that we did not inform you of the great relationship that we have with the La Concha Beach Resort and the CY-Isla Verde Beach Resort where our guests enjoy full access to all of their beach and pool facilities, venues and restaurants. I will make sure to follow up with our front desk staff.

If possible please contact me directly at yodil.caban@hilton.com, as I would like to personally invite you back and hope that you would give us the opportunity to wow you on your next visit to Puerto Rico.

Yodil Caban
yodil.caban@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel is an excellent place to stay for the service, cleanliness, and price. It is situated well within the condado area and easily accessible to the fine restauraants within the area. The bar service is superb and I would reccomend coming when Damaris is serving fine spirits and entertaining atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2013
Hola rtr31,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you found your stay to be exellent and our location to nearby restaurants to be easily accessible. I shared you comments with Damaris and she was happy to see that she provided you with superb bar service during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and i went to San Juan Puerto Rico for her 50th b'day last month and we stayed in the doubletree in condado, our experience was wonderful the staff was friendly and helpful, special thanks to Peter and Micheal they were great Micheal had a b'day cake and fruit sent to our room which totally suprised my wife and made her day, Peter told us about BeBo's around the corner a local spot that has good food. if you stay here you also get access to the sister property at no cost because the doubletree is in a business district but a 20min. walk to the other property which has casino and its beach front all in all our first experience was wonderful would definitely stay there again. oh yeah try under the tree resturant at the doubletree very sexy spot thanks alot doubletree San Juan for the memories.

Room Tip: higher floors were guiet good view of area
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a good week here and the hotel was nice, clean and felt relaxed. Despite other reviews I didn't find the staff really helpful/ friendly some were nice some were a little off to be honest, but isn't everyone some days. The pool area was very clean and nice and the facilities at la concha were great. Location of hotel was great supermarket across the road and bus stop for buses to San juan right outside the front. Everything is a short walk but not a problem at all. We didn't eat at the hotel we used trip advisor and yelp to hunt out some good spots. Overall great hotel and you can't really go wrong. The only slight thing was slamming doors sometimes, seems staff sometimes use the fire escapes at the end of the halls and if you are an extremely light sleeper it's a wake up at 6am, but not everyone sleeps so lightly so should be fine.

• Stayed April 2013
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a one night stay at The Doubletree for the day before we left on a cruise. This was our first trip to San Juan, and I was really happy with the quality of service and cleanliness at the Doubletree. The staff was friendly and the room was great, it was small by California standards, but the space was thought out well. The bed and linens were super comfortable, and I was happy that the wi-fi worked well. It's across the street from a 24-hour grocery store that is pretty well stocked. The pool area is a little small but they can give you a day pass for the much fancier La Concha Resort. They don't offer any type of shuttle service to the pier, but the taxi stand out front was convenient. I liked the location of the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hola A M E,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree for your pre-cruise stay. It was wonderful to read that you were happy with the quality of service and the cleanliness during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels in San Juan and this is by far my favorite one so far. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The property itself is immaculate. Although the rooms were a little cozy, the space was very well thought out and I ran into no space issues whatsoever. Other great benefits of this hotel: - Excellent value for the area - Grocery store right across the street - Quick walk to beach - Sister property with certain benefits at the La Concha resort (20 min walk away) - Wonderful gallery and pool - Close to great restaurants and nightlife The wifi was adequate (not fast, not slow) and generally available throughout the hotel. The hotel restaurant was very good as well and I took advantage of the roomservice while I was a little under the weather.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hola Hilton Traveler,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We feel honored to be your favorite hotel in San Juan! I was happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope we will see you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com for your upcoming reservations and I will be happy to assist you.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!