“Very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed her with my girl friend it was a great time we had here and loved the super market next door open 24 hour. Very clean and friendly staff. Not to far from the beach but we shared a long walk together and enjoyed it so good spot great trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hola KingFatty,
Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to read that you and your girlfriend had a great time while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Lillington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My stay at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan was both comfortable and enjoyable. The staff was not only friendly, they went out of their way to make my stay wonderful. Everyday, as I passed by the front desk, I was met with greetings and smiling faces. My room was cleaned daily by very courteous staff. Room service was delivered quickly and was delicious. I had not noticed that I had been overcharged for breakfast until the manager came to my room, apologized and refunded the difference. I felt as if the management and staff were looking out for me and I appreciated that very much. Location is conveniently located across from a 24 hour supermarket and a variety of restaurants, a few within the hotel, are at your disposal. I not only highly recommend Doubletree by Hilton San Juan for others, I also plan to return simply to enjoy the hotel. Thanks for making my stay an excellent experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hola Maria M,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was excited to read that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us, and that you received friendly attention from our staff throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I spent an overnight here en route from NJ to the BVI's, basically because it was not too far from the airport. This property sits in a commercial district on a busy street with a supermarket across the street. I guess the beach is not too far, but I certainly didn't see it anywhere nearby.

I was dismayed upon arrival when the category room I reserved (King) was not available. I was more dismayed when I found the room I had been given had a murphy bed which pulled out of the wall. This was not what I was expecting.

I was much more dismayed when, upon receipt of the invoice I found a 15% ($34+) "Resort Amenities" charge on top of the room rate. To my eye, there weren't any "resort amenities" in sight at this property other than a pretty standard, compact/urban pool area. My bigger issue was that there was no warning of this charge when I booked the room on the Hilton/Doubletree website. Auto rental companies and airlines are now being very precise at the time of online booking about expected fees, surcharges and the like. I take exception to Hilton/Doubletree springing this undisclosed charge at the time of checkout. I stayed at this hotel based on price and convenience to the airport. If I had wanted to pay for resort amenities, I would NEVER have picked this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't count on getting the room category you book online. Do be prepared for a room with a pull...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Saludos Mikeparen,

Frist of I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that in no way we would intentionally miss lead our guest and have ensured that our websites and booking channels display the correct information and that all charges are disclosed.

Unlike many destinations were hotels nickel and dime their guests by charging them for every little thing, like bottled water, internet, computer usage, movies, copies, fitness club usage, special amenities and many other services, all hotels in San Juan basically charge a hotel charge/resort fee and include these items. In our case we have added services like beach coolers, so our guest can enjoy the day at the beach. We also provide the ice and our guest can take their in room bottled water or stock up at the gift shop or the supermarket across the street. As an added service, we have established a great relationship with the La Concha Beach Resort and the CY-Isla Verde Beach Resort where our guests enjoy full access to their beach and pool facilities. If our guest would like to stay in during the day or night, we provide a healthy stock of blue ray/DVD movies. We will even provide pop-corn to be prepared at the in room microwave. We believe that these amenities enhance our guest experience without having to pull out the credit card for every additional request and service. To us there is nothing worse that waking up in middle of the night thirsty and have to pull a price tag of an already sitting there bottle of water. This is why we provided as much bottle water as our guest request.

If I can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com

Yodil Caban
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here March 8-11, 2013. The room was beautiful and clean and opened right out to the pool area! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very conveniently located to everything and was a $15-$20 cab ride to every place we wanted to visit. There is also a great grocery store located directly across the street which made it easy to always have snacks!

You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel and the room are lovely and well decorated. My daughter and I were here for vacation and the hotel is not in a great neighborhood. You have no feeling of being on a tropical island. Instead, you feel shoehorned in a Miami-like middle-to-lower income neighborhood. I think it is better suited for business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I found this hotel to be run very efficiently and in a warm friendly manner. Each employee seemed to be loving their job! Any question I asked was answered quickly and always with a smile. The location of this hotel is so perfect. I was able to take a bus to anywhere I wanted to go and it is only a block away from fashionable Ashford Avenue. Wonderful museums and arts centers are only 2 blocks away. The beautiful beaches are in walking distance with this hotel's sister hotel, La Concha affording full beach priviledges...just ask the front desk for a letter of intro and you can use La Concha's beach. It is a good walk on lovely Ashford Ave. or you can take a taxi....Taxis in PR are reasonable and at the airport, I was given a taxi schedule with rates. I never found any price gauging and all drivers' were professional and helpful. Upon checking in you will be given a delicious chocolate chip cookie. My room had all the amenities for a very quiet, comfortable stay. I used the fitness room which had a good variety of machines. When I stayed, the hotel was fully booked yet, I never felt that it was overcrowded. The staff is so well trained. I loved my 8 day stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DoubletreeSanJuan, Operations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hola Linda M,
Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and I am happy you had time to take advantage of our Beach Club with access to our beach front sister property. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Glyfada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was thre only for one night. The location is good, infron of hotel there is a supermarket.
My arrival was on about 02.00 am. The on duty lady in reception was not so friendly, maybe because i wake up her from her rest.
The room was very good, modern design and the refrigeartor was EMPTY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!