“So Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Brisbane
“So Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Its new, modern, excellent location and the staff are very friendly. Always say hello and happy to help you in any way possible. The room was clean and loved the modern style, I get sick of the media-chain hotels over-priced room that are never updated. This was a great change! I even enjoyed the spa and pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Hola tuppaware,
I was happy to read that you found our hotel to be excellent and that our staff were friendly and helpful to you throughout your stay. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel several times on my trips to San Juan. It is in a great location, close to the tourist area, yet remote enough to stay with the locals. The rooms are clean and the restaurant has quality food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hola Bdolgin,
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree as your home away from home when visiting San Juan. We look forward to welcoming you back for you next visits to San Juan. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with you future reservations.

Dallas Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed one night prior to a cruise out of San Juan. I have no idea why this property is rated so highly. We found the room to be very inadequate and considering that there are no real amenities, it is way over priced at $200 per night. Our room was very small and poorly designed with a sliding glass door for the bathroom facing the sleeping area. There is virtually no counter space anywhere for toiletries or personal items. The restaurants adjacent to the property are not part of the hotel system and do not allow meals to be charged to your room. All in all, a poor choice when compared to the other options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
YMCSanJuan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Saludos Richard1s,

From reading your review, it is apparent that we were not able to accommodate you in one of our lager rooms. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope that on your next visit to Puerto Rico, you would give us the opportunity to accommodate you in one of our more spacious rooms and were the bathrooms configuration is different. I was happy to see your 5 star markings for our service, which is most important for us. If I can assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Yodil Caban
yodil.caban@hilton.com
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

DoubleTree is a good hotel with very attentive front desk staff. I was impressed by this. The room I had was clean and well maintained during my trip. The bed was comfortable and not the usual too soft beds that kill my back. The room was a bit small but comfortable with a queen bed and desk area and a chair. The pictures on the site are very accurate. There is a restaurant on site with a nice bar that has happy hour from 5 - 7 and breakfast - with omelet station. I only had a burger (which was good) so I did not sample much of the food offering. There is ample space to linger out of the room in the lobby area or at the pool. Across the street the Super Market is open 24 hours and also offers some food to take out that is a good and cheaper alternative to local restaurants. This hotel is not on the main drag (Condado) but the main drag is within walking distance about 20 minutes. There is a bus that stops on the corner that for 75 cents will take you to the Condado or Old San Juan. But beware that the time between buses can be long - Caribbean time I guess. There is a pool and gym with good treadmills and free weights. It is convenient, clean, and business like. It is not a resort but does have an arrangement with a sister hotel that allows guests to use that other facility which is on the beach. I tried the other sister hotel once and it was nice but I did not try it again as I was too busy exploring the city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for over a year, consistently. I travel to San Juan virtually every week and have stayed at every hotel in the SJ area. To date, this is by far the best hotel in the city, and I may dare to say in the island from a value perspecitive. It is rather new for PR standards, recently renovated. The management is top notch, very attentive to details. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive to one's needs. The facilities are extremely clean and well maintained. the rooms are spacious with excellent amenities for the business traveler. For business, there is no better option in the island.

If you are going on vacation; this is not a beach front property and the nearest beach is not within walking distance. Also, the area is not "that great" where you can walk to many distractions, you will need a car or take cabs. However, the hotel is located near major highways and it is centrally located to all tourist attractions; Old San Juan is 10 minutes away and the beaches are 5-10 minutes away by car.

The breakfast at the hotel is superb. The bar may close earlier than a lot of people would like, but it tends to die down after 10:30pm or so anyway, the service at the bar is fantastic.

Overall, this hotel is fantastic for the business traveler.

Room Tip: cornered rooms are bigger. They have a few near the pool...awesome
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Warren, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for a weekend before a cruise based on trip advisor reviews. The hotel, while slightly out of the way, was spotless, modern and the staff super friendly (especially Diana at the front desk). Every restaurant that the staff recommended was great. We took the bus to OSJ (easy and only 75 cents) and travelled on the free trolley around OSJ. Great trip, love Puerto Rico, and hope to be back soon!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

From our arrival to our departure, we were treated very friendly by the staff. Our car valet Eduardo was very courteous and greeted us with a smile and a warm hello.

The front desk had our warm cookies waiting for us, they were yummy. The pool area was very clean. The warm bubbly waters at the spa did wonders on my aching back.
The room, as the bathroom were very clean. Loved the coffee!

Across the street is a supermarket, which we took advantage of. I will definitely return.

Enjoyed the lunch at Bebos, a real taste of Puerto Rican fare. Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeSanJuan, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hola abbysgrandma,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your kind review. I am happy to see that you found our staff to be friendly. I will make sure to share you review with them and Eduardo. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any assistance with your reservation.

bo.bramsen@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!