“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
My Puerto Rico Experience
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Dallas, Texas
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

All the staff very courteous and professional. I travel for work. This group went above the norm. Thank you for your hard work.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree June 30 - July 3, 2012... it was our 3rd stay at the hotel over the past couple years. We were in San Juan for our mom's funeral which was very stressful to say the least. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and completely service oriented... would especially like to thank Paula in in-house reservations and Rafael at the front desk. Everyone from the bell staff and valet to housekeeping and the front desk deserve to know what an outstanding job they do. I had the opportunity to thank Bo, the operations manager after checking out and extend my thoughts and appreciation... this is a beautiful totally renovated hotel with a very contemporary decor. It's location is in the heart of Condado with great authentic Puerto Rican dining within easy walking distance. Our trip could not have been better... we are very grateful to the entire team at this hotel... simply the best!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Hola DimitriB,
It was a pleasure meeting you. I am happy the entire staff was able to help you enjoy your stay under these difficult circumstances. I also shared your review with Paula and Rafael, who were happy to know that they had this positive influence on your stay.
Please feel free to contact me directly at bo.bramsen@hilton.com if I can be of any future assistance.

Bo Bramsen
Operations Manager
bo.bramsen@hilton.com
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for two nights while we explored San Juan, before moving out of the city and around the coast. The hotel was very nice and well maintained. The rooms were a bit smaller than most Doubletree's, but that wasn't a huge deal. The pool area was nice, and lots of nice sitting areas around the hotel.

The only drawback was the location. While it was in Condado and relatively close to things, it was a good 15 minute walk to the main area in Condado which was annoying with the rain. But, that's part of why it's such a good value. Would definitely rather stay in a good hotel for a reasonable price rather than somewhere centrally located and run down, not to mention overly priced.

While the hotel was nice, it was basic accomodations. If you're looking to class it up a bit, this isn't exactly the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Please, don't for get to book early this place is a perfect hitten San Juan close to almost every place you are going to visit in el condado, Santurce, Isla Verde, Pi~nones Loiza, and of course Old San Juan, yes it is really close to the airport too. But best of all its a Hilton's honors place, may be I will look for a condominium in the neighbors. All. Family place but best for couples looking to get away from the families for a vacations from vacations, or even holidays like el Dia de San Juan in June 23, perfecto!

Room Tip: Try to always check in by 2:30 pm to the best room over looking the pools, room that you have a pref...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Although I had reserved this hotel for 3 nights and was a bit apprehensive based on mixed reviews, I stayed with the decision to stay and am glad we did. The location is not near the beach but we had no time for the beach anyway. The grocery store across the street was more than adequate. Parking is just 50 steps away. The accommodations were excellent; the wifi was first rate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also very good--adding Puerto Rican breakfast favorites like cream of wheat, oatmeal and cornstarch/cream of corn definitely sealed the deal. I disagree with the negatives expressed about this hotel. if we had a problem with the room, they were quick to resolve them. We and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Good wifi reception, nice european style bathrooms/showers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here 5 nights in June and couldn’t have been happier! As stated in other reviews, the entire staff was so friendly and made us feel like they genuinely cared. Upon check-in we were told there weren’t any nonsmoking king rooms available. They made every effort to find a room with a king for us to move into as soon as possible, even having one of the managers check the level of smoke odor in a smoking room with a king that was available that night. We opted to wait until another room was available two nights later. It was even nicer than the first, bigger with sliding doors that opened directly into a patio in the pool area. The nicest touch was coming back to the hotel after our first day sightseeing to find a fruit and cheese plate with a bottle of wine congratulating us on our anniversary. We really enjoyed using the beach and pool facilities of their sister resort, Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde. Also, loved the location with many restaurants within walking distance. The only thing that could be changed about this hotel would be the bathroom doors. They are glass pocket doors that provide very little privacy. This is mentioned in other reviews and did not prevent us from staying here, however I would spend the money to install solid doors that provide maximum privacy based on the close proximity to the bed. We will definitely stay here again when we return for our next vacation in San Juan!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel was great and so was the staff! When I was looking for a hotel I wanted something affordable but with good amenities and a pool. The Doubletree was perfect for me! I stayed at this property for the first time in March 2012 with my boyfriend and we loved it so much I booked it again for a girls weekend in June. I'll highlight the key parts for me...

Price: It is far cheaper than some of the beach resorts but a little more than some of the smaller non-chain hotels. I was comfortable paying a little more for a brand name that I trust.

Location: It is only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. (About a $20 cab ride) It is also about a 10 minute cab ride to the heart of Old San Juan. (Also about a $20 cab ride. Cab prices seemed to be a few dollars more expensive when I was traveling with a boyfriend vs. traveling with one of my girlfriends) The best part of the location is the supermarket across the street. This is very helpful if you want to pack a beach lunch, snacks for the room or purchase toiletries you didn't feel like dealing with for a carry on bag.

Pool: The pool was clean and always had plenty of towels and chairs available. If you are looking for a larger pool and beach access, the Doubletree has agreements with both La Concha and another beachside property. The front desk can arrange daily passes to these other hotels. I loved this feature! In fact, this feature brought me back to the Doubletree for a second time!

Cookies: Of course we were greeted with 2 warm cookies when we checked in. Always a bonus!

Staff: Every single staff member was friendly and helpful. The front desk was very efficient. The housekeeping staff was thorough and considerate. I would like to thank Sandra and Amelia from housekeeping for taking care of our disorganized room and making sure we always had fresh towels when requested.

Food: The breakfast buffet was good and there were made to order omelets each day. The buffet also included cereal, yogurt, fruit, french toast, pancakes, toast and bagels. There are several good restaurants near the hotel. My favorite was "Silk" the Asian restaurant just outside of the hotel. They had great sushi and entrees. I also liked a place that was slightly farther up the block. It does not have a great atmosphere if you are looking for something fancy but the food was delicious. They serve tons of authentic Puerto Rican dishes and the prices were very good.

Overall I would highly recommend this property to anyone. Before booking just make sure you are ok with the following features:
It has more of a business vibe than a tourist/beach vibe.
The rooms are stylish and clean but not super big.
The bathrooms are modern with frosted glass separating it from the bedroom. If you are traveling with someone (maybe for work) who you are not 100% comfortable with you might not feel like there is enough privacy with the frosted glass. The shower is also made out of clear glass so unless you are comfortable being naked in front of your roommate - they cannot really use the bathroom while you are using the shower.
These things aside I would definitely stay there again...just want to point out some things that might not be right for all guests.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member you can possibly get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Saludos Dana4444,

Thank you some much for such a great review! I am sure that many travelers will enjoy reading it and will make great use of your pointers. When I read this to our housekeeping department and congratulated Sandra and Emilia, the entire team was really ecstatic and cheered them on. Thank you so much for recognizing their efforts. If I can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Yodil Cabán
yodil.caban@hilton.com

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!