“A hit on San Juan day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton San Juan

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton San Juan to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton San Juan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Ave De Diego | Ocean Park Beach, San Juan 00914, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
Save Up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in San Juan
San Juan Capistrano, California
“A hit on San Juan day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Please, don't for get to book early this place is a perfect hitten San Juan close to almost every place you are going to visit in el condado, Santurce, Isla Verde, Pi~nones Loiza, and of course Old San Juan, yes it is really close to the airport too. But best of all its a Hilton's honors place, may be I will look for a condominium in the neighbors. All. Family place but best for couples looking to get away from the families for a vacations from vacations, or even holidays like el Dia de San Juan in June 23, perfecto!

Room Tip: Try to always check in by 2:30 pm to the best room over looking the pools, room that you have a pref...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

1,490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Although I had reserved this hotel for 3 nights and was a bit apprehensive based on mixed reviews, I stayed with the decision to stay and am glad we did. The location is not near the beach but we had no time for the beach anyway. The grocery store across the street was more than adequate. Parking is just 50 steps away. The accommodations were excellent; the wifi was first rate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also very good--adding Puerto Rican breakfast favorites like cream of wheat, oatmeal and cornstarch/cream of corn definitely sealed the deal. I disagree with the negatives expressed about this hotel. if we had a problem with the room, they were quick to resolve them. We and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Good wifi reception, nice european style bathrooms/showers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here 5 nights in June and couldn’t have been happier! As stated in other reviews, the entire staff was so friendly and made us feel like they genuinely cared. Upon check-in we were told there weren’t any nonsmoking king rooms available. They made every effort to find a room with a king for us to move into as soon as possible, even having one of the managers check the level of smoke odor in a smoking room with a king that was available that night. We opted to wait until another room was available two nights later. It was even nicer than the first, bigger with sliding doors that opened directly into a patio in the pool area. The nicest touch was coming back to the hotel after our first day sightseeing to find a fruit and cheese plate with a bottle of wine congratulating us on our anniversary. We really enjoyed using the beach and pool facilities of their sister resort, Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde. Also, loved the location with many restaurants within walking distance. The only thing that could be changed about this hotel would be the bathroom doors. They are glass pocket doors that provide very little privacy. This is mentioned in other reviews and did not prevent us from staying here, however I would spend the money to install solid doors that provide maximum privacy based on the close proximity to the bed. We will definitely stay here again when we return for our next vacation in San Juan!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel was great and so was the staff! When I was looking for a hotel I wanted something affordable but with good amenities and a pool. The Doubletree was perfect for me! I stayed at this property for the first time in March 2012 with my boyfriend and we loved it so much I booked it again for a girls weekend in June. I'll highlight the key parts for me...

Price: It is far cheaper than some of the beach resorts but a little more than some of the smaller non-chain hotels. I was comfortable paying a little more for a brand name that I trust.

Location: It is only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. (About a $20 cab ride) It is also about a 10 minute cab ride to the heart of Old San Juan. (Also about a $20 cab ride. Cab prices seemed to be a few dollars more expensive when I was traveling with a boyfriend vs. traveling with one of my girlfriends) The best part of the location is the supermarket across the street. This is very helpful if you want to pack a beach lunch, snacks for the room or purchase toiletries you didn't feel like dealing with for a carry on bag.

Pool: The pool was clean and always had plenty of towels and chairs available. If you are looking for a larger pool and beach access, the Doubletree has agreements with both La Concha and another beachside property. The front desk can arrange daily passes to these other hotels. I loved this feature! In fact, this feature brought me back to the Doubletree for a second time!

Cookies: Of course we were greeted with 2 warm cookies when we checked in. Always a bonus!

Staff: Every single staff member was friendly and helpful. The front desk was very efficient. The housekeeping staff was thorough and considerate. I would like to thank Sandra and Amelia from housekeeping for taking care of our disorganized room and making sure we always had fresh towels when requested.

Food: The breakfast buffet was good and there were made to order omelets each day. The buffet also included cereal, yogurt, fruit, french toast, pancakes, toast and bagels. There are several good restaurants near the hotel. My favorite was "Silk" the Asian restaurant just outside of the hotel. They had great sushi and entrees. I also liked a place that was slightly farther up the block. It does not have a great atmosphere if you are looking for something fancy but the food was delicious. They serve tons of authentic Puerto Rican dishes and the prices were very good.

Overall I would highly recommend this property to anyone. Before booking just make sure you are ok with the following features:
It has more of a business vibe than a tourist/beach vibe.
The rooms are stylish and clean but not super big.
The bathrooms are modern with frosted glass separating it from the bedroom. If you are traveling with someone (maybe for work) who you are not 100% comfortable with you might not feel like there is enough privacy with the frosted glass. The shower is also made out of clear glass so unless you are comfortable being naked in front of your roommate - they cannot really use the bathroom while you are using the shower.
These things aside I would definitely stay there again...just want to point out some things that might not be right for all guests.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member you can possibly get a room upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Saludos Dana4444,

Thank you some much for such a great review! I am sure that many travelers will enjoy reading it and will make great use of your pointers. When I read this to our housekeeping department and congratulated Sandra and Emilia, the entire team was really ecstatic and cheered them on. Thank you so much for recognizing their efforts. If I can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at yodil.caban@hilton.com.

Always at your service,

Yodil Cabán
yodil.caban@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, ideal location. Close to the beach and resturants

Bed was small but comfy

• Stayed June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Loved this hotel. It's clean and friendly. We had a room with the murphy bed in the wall. It was excellent. You can easily put it up in the morning and have plenty of room. Unique decor too. First time I've ever seen a frosted glass bathroom. The help in the hotel are exceptional. Don't forget to ask for a cookie everyday. They're delicious. The restaurant is good, and the sushi restaurant around the corner has the best sushi I've ever had. Don't miss out on the restaurant in the Art Museum that is 3 blocks away. The soft shell crab in pumpkin sauce with tangerines was incredible.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. You'll have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rooms aren't big, but very modern. Our bathroom didn't have a bath, which isn't a big deal since we didn't have the kids with us. The staff was very friendly and the bus stop was close by. The supermarket across the street is very useful, especially if you are staying for a long trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!