As SPG members, we usually stay at Sheratons and Westins in major cities so we opted for this hotel based on location and a late arrival in San Juan. After renting a car at the airport, we drove 20 minutes or so to get on site. The service was great, but the hotel itself was in need of renovations/updating. The carpet lined rooms felt a little dirty, but maybe it was just the humidity of the region taking its toll.
The location was perfect as a launch point for walks through Old San Juan. In combination with the free trolleys, we could get around to both Fort El Morro and San Cristobal with little effort. There is surprisingly very little to eat nearby for breakfast, and ended up having lunch at 10 AM. We did not take advantage of the casino, as we travelled with children and had no interest in gambling on this trip. There is no nearby beach for those who are curious.
In short, the excellent service and location made up for some of the deficiencies in room quality, so I think it deserves three stars (but barely!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel is situated in the heart of historic and romantic old San Juan. We are ideally located on the waterfront, just a few moments from the docking point of grand cruise ships. We are "Steps from Everything" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton San Juan
- San Juan Sheraton
- Old San Juan Sheraton