“Hated this hotel from the minute we arrived” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1369 Ashford Ave., San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Seattle, WA
“Hated this hotel from the minute we arrived”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel was flat out a bad experience. Every night while we were there, the alarm would go off for a few minutes, waking us all up. I don't know what the reason was for this, but we were never offered an apology by the hotel staff nor an explanation. The bar charged $3.50 for a glass of coke which I thought was ridiculous. They also wouldn't let me use the luggage cart when I wanted to check out, scared I was going to "steal it". Best thing the hotel has to offer is the top floor swimming pool.

Overall, avoid avoid avoid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mary Ann D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments about beverages prices and bellman services, so we can continually improve our services. We regret you didn’t give us the opportunity to make it right. To discuss your stay further, do not hesitate to contact us at madavila@ambassadorplaza.com. Thank you for your review.

675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent a few nights here last week with my family. The hotel is clean and quiet. Staff is pretty helpful. Casino in the hotel is very small and nothing to write home about. Found the décor of elementary school bulletin board décor in the casino to be quite weird. If you are wanting a nice beach you have to do some walking to get there. Overall not bad and worth the price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It has been 9 weeks since I had a one night stay at this hotel for a pre-cruise trip. In addition to charging me for $197 for a one night stay, they also charged my credit card $1,278. When I inquire about this charge, their account officer blamed the system and had very poor customer service which seems to be the service culture of the organization because when I went further up the chain of command to bring this issue and service received, my emails were ignored. I gave this company every opportunity to remedy this issue before highlighting the serious flaws in their Yes, I can service motto. What their service has demonstrated to me, is their “cannot attitude, approach, bad service culture that seems to start with the leadership. I would rather sleep on a bench in the park during winter before I ever stay at a Radisson or Rezidor Group hotel. After telling this story to a bunch of people, I am shocked and surprised at the number of unpleasant experience in Puerto Rico.
I am sure this feedback will prompt the perfunctory apology from the marketing or customer service manager. Wait for it people...here it comes!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mary Ann D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about an inaccuracy on your room bill. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered. Our Accounting Department already resolved this issue. If you need further assistance or have any questions regarding this matter, please contact us at madavila@ambassadorplaza.com. We hope to have a second opportunity to impress you favorably on your next travels to Puerto Rico. Thank you for your review.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Ambassador for a week while on a business trip. This is one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in a long time - I travel a lot for business. The biggest problem was there was no hot water in my room in the morning. I had to wake up 1/2 before I planned to take a shower, turn on the hot water in the bath tub and let it run for at least 1/2 hour before it was warm. This wasn't a problem with only my room as my colleagues who were traveling with me had the same issue. Overall my room was fairly dirty and was never cleaned well while I was there.

The hotel location is excellent. Lots of restaurants, shops, etc... in the area.

I've stayed in several hotels in San Juan - you can find a better hotel then the Radisson Ambassador.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mary Ann D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you liked our hotel location. We apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay. Your concern about hot water in the bath tub will be communicated to our management. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact us at madavila@ambassadorplaza.com. Thank you for your review and hope to have a second opportunity to impress you favorably on your next travels to Puerto Rico.
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

An older hotel located on the Condado strip, it is conveniently located near lots of restaurants and within walking distance of convenience stores and pharmacy. The casio seems to take up the whole first floor and almost crowds out the lobby. Staff is friendly and polite. Parking kind of wierd, the smaller parking opens up to a much larger one via an underground entrance. The pool is on the roof and has a great view.

Room Tip: The hotel offers Ambassador's Club specials, it comes with access to the upper floor rooms, upst...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mary Ann D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our rooftop pool. We look forward to your next stay.
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for over two weeks. I should have known when they did not seem to care that half of the lightbulbs in their illuminated sign were burnt out, but I was hopeful for my stay as I was locked in by buying it on Expedia.

I spend at least forty nights a year in hotels travelling, and have had lots of experience with different levels of hotel. I found this to be a very unfortunate experience. While some staff was helpful, others did not care about the hotel or the customers. Some parts of the hotel were nice, others were shabby. My advice, stay here at your own risk. There are many, many nicer properties in San Juan and your stay will be enhanced by staying at one of them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mary Ann D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.We take pride in our Yes I Can! culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.Thank you for your review and we hope to impress you favorably in your next travels to Puerto Rico.
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was ok, the bed was great. The hotel is a little old and not in the best conditions. The carpet is a little muddy and it smells. The windows are already rotten. The safe broke in the middle of my stay.
The location is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mary Ann D, Manager at Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you liked our rooms. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. Thank you for your review.

Been to Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel & Casino San Juan? Share your experiences!