“Wyndham Condado Plaza Hotel & Casino” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

Save Saved
You added The Condado Plaza Hilton to your Saves list
The Condado Plaza Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $99
Ranked #19 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Wyndham Condado Plaza Hotel & Casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2004

Hotel was OK for one night before we boarded our ship. Would not stay for any longer. The hotel needs a good cleaning where you check in, odd odors. We stayed in the lagoon side of the hotel. The elevators got stuck on the 4th floor at times because of a short circuit. The 3 (three) phones in the room, the only one that worked was the one in the bathroom. The desk phone and the night stand phone never worked. VERY POOR MAINTENANCE STAFF that would not listen to anyone.
At checkout time they had one girl checking out everyone and one girl checking people in. NOTE: Can't have people checking in, if rooms are not available.
Taxi cost is $10.00 to Old San Juan, The Ship Pier. Plenty of Taxis.
Better Place To Stay is the Wyndham Old San Juan - walking distance to Old San Juan, Senior Frog's, Carnival Pier.

2,503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
phoenix,ZA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

I stayed here on October 9th 2004, Before my cruise. WOW i was so Suprised. I Loved it !!!!, and i must admit im Very picky.
The staff was Fantastic
The food was Great
The casino Fun
The rooms Wow

Id reccommed this resort to anyone , it was wonderul, pool private beach and all.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

I just returned from a week long stay at the Wyndham Condado Plaza and I must say how much I enjoyed the experience. I had read some reviews on this site prior to going and had become extremely discouraged with my hotel choice and was expecting the worse based on what I had read. Luckily I was very pleasantly surprised with what I found. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and not rude at all. It could have something to do with the fact that I treated them like "people" and not my "servants". I found the beach to be adequate and larger than the impression I had gotten from previous reviews I read. The hotel pools were nice too. I liked the fact that they were open 24 hours however no one seemed to use them after dark and I did not want to be there alone after dark so I did not get to use the pools at night. I loved the hammicks and spent more time there dozing and listening to the crash of the ocean against the rocks than I did in the pools. Even though I was on a tour package the hotel still upgraded my room to a jr. suite which I absolutely loved. I ended up with an ocean view however I think the original city view I was supposed to have would have been nice too because it would have overlooked the marina. I have found in my previous travels that you get what you give and since I am always nice I get nice in return. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I would definitely recommend it to others as a place to stay. I did not get a chance to do all the hotel had to offer because I wanted to get away from the hotel and experience some of the city however I would not have had a problem spending my entire time at the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2004

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wyndham, Condado Beach to celebrate his birthday, and we have to tell you -- we couldn't find a thing wrong with this resort! We stayed over a long weekend (Friday - Monday), and after reading some of these crazy stories/reviews, I have to admit, we were a bit concerned, but our travel agent assured us this was a great place to visit, and it was! The restaurants were great, the service was exceptional within the resort (the staff couldn't do enough for us), the casino was wonderful, as were the pools and beach area. My husband even had a massage to relax during our visit, and completely enjoyed this experience as well. The resort seemed to never close ... there was always live entertainment to enjoy and the resort was always "buzzing"! I guess it's all about what your expectations are and how much pampering you require ... We just can't figure out what all the negative "press" is all about regarding this resort; we couldn't be happier and would recommend this resort to anyone visiting San Juan!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2004

el sucko!!! the Regency was probably built (and last cleaned 20 years ago).way too pricey, should be $40 a night not $110 (OFF SEASON) the whole section of condado is under construction and there is no access to the beach... stay in isla verde if you want a true slice of san juan. the staff at the Plaza Casino couldn't be more rude. Unless you are playing high stakes poker, you can't even get a watered down draft beer whilest you pump $ into this little rundown waste of an evening. my advice... find a cute little place in old san juan for dinner and pina coladas!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2004

4 star? hahahaa. I have seen better motel sixes. Our room wasnt too bad but alot of the room fixtures were in disrepair or rusty, not indicative of a 4 star hotel. The carpet STUNK. The staff was not very helpful, least of which were the casino staff. Our encounters with people in the general area minus the bellhops left me with a distaste for Puerto Rico. They were very rude and almost condescending. Maybe looking very "gringo" had everything to do with it. I'm not sure. I will not visit again unless my cruise ship ports there. Spend the few extra dollars and stay at the Caribe Hilton. Worth it.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2004

I am compelled to relate what a poor experience I had at the Wyndham Condado in Puerto Rico. We came in off of Princess Cruises around noon on Sunday. We waited almost an entire hour in line to be told that there would be no room ready until three p.m. There was a gentleman handing out rum punch to the people in line. I think this was an attempt to appease an angry crowd, but they would have been better off having this gentleman working behind the counter.

They told us we could hang out at the pool area until 3 p.m. when a room would be ready. While we were at the pool, my boyfriend visited the restroom only to discover a sink full of vomit.

At 3 p.m. we waited in line another twenty minutes to finally get a room on the 9th floor of the tower which smelled much like cat urine. There were obviously much needed renovations in progress.

We visited the casino, where we couldn't even get on the roulette table. There were crowds of people surrounding the two open tables, and yet between the six dealers mulling around behind the tables, they still didn't open up either of the two other tables.

We were charged $6 for a Coors Light at the casino bar, and when inquiring as to the exorbitant price, the bartender sarcastically said, "Welcome to Condado."

I actually booked this room through Hotwire, and was told that what I paid included taxes. But upon check out, found that we were charged an additional $18 in taxes and tariffs.

I was extremely disappointed in the condition of the hotel and our floor and the service I received from staff. Although I am not a "By Request" member, I spent several weeks at the Wyndham in Los Angeles, which was by far superior in quality and service. Should I ever know anyone misfortunate enough to visit Puerto Rico, The Wyndham Condado will not be my recommendation.

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!