There was a time when Hilton was the go to brand, if you ended up anywhere new and wanted some basic service and courtesy anywhere Hilton was where you slept. I found myself in San Juan for the first time and decided Condado Hilton cant be wrong. Sure the reviews were spotty and all pointed to inconsistency in housekeeping and overall service. Could they be wrong? Well lets start with my arrival and check in at midnight which went smooth. However access into my room door was always a challenge, using the key. It had to be done with one stroke, a few nanoseconds too late and you will have to try try again until you got your timing. The room was lovely without a boxspring which is different but still comfortable. The bathroom was too small to really maneuver around so some creativity is needed. The TV did not have a remote so I found myself sitting at the desk and changing channels manually. There were suficient towels as I was alone so I chose not to take the hassle of housekeeping for the few days I was going to be there on business. Even though there were 3 places inside the hotel where I could eat upto 3am so I was told, only the Dennys was open to service late at night. The most eggregious act was a surprise that was a surprise sent to me by a colleague did not get to me while I was there. She came personally and delivered the box, insisted to get in touch with me but was not allowed to and request the box was to be delivered to my room. I found out after I had returned home and a quick call confirmed the box was in the concierge office. We were able to ascertain that the reason the box was not delivered was that there was a charge of $1 to bring it to my room and so was marked a pickup. No efforts were made notify me I had a box for pickup though they had my full name and was told I was a registered guest. So Condado Hilton let an expensive gift stay at the concierge office for 3 days while I was still in the hotel without care or concern. Needless to say one of my colleagues picked up the box and will ship it to me when he gets back in the US. Several conversations were made to inquire about my gift and not a single appology was issued nor was there an admission of guilt or lack of process on how to handle such an event. This from a Hilton that obviously is making too much money to care about the little things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only luxury hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotels. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-wining Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, a 24-hour casino, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and a bubbling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham