I had a one-night stay, post-cruise in October 2013. My travel agent arranged a group rate of $139, which was fine. I am a Hilton Honor member (though I rarely stay at Hiltons), but I called the toll-free number and had my Honors membership added to my reservation in advance. That turned out to be a smart move.
The hotel lobby was jammed and chaotic at 10am, with several groups arriving. It seemed to take most people checking in at least 10-15 minutes with the front desk staff, which seemed a ridiculous amount of time. The staff were definitely moving on island time. Most people were told there were no rooms ready, so the lobby jam continued. Here's where the loyalty program number paid off - since I was Honors, I was able to get an upgraded room immediately - a corner King, with a pool view. Beautiful room, comfy bed and great bathroom.
The elevators were kind of slow - there were only two in the immediate lobby, and the one serving the far end of the building to the pool area was out of service. The pool are was lovely, and the views of the ocean were very nice.
I didn't leave the property, and had lunch, dinner and breakfast onsite. The meals were excellent, though expensive by my standards. Carry-out chinese (sesame chicken, eggs rolls and rice) came to $27, for example. But - to their credit - it was fresh and tasty, and generous portions. One downside - no room service is available.
I had been warned about the resort fee, but I was unprepared for the add-ons - porterage (no one offered to move bags), and a maid gratuity on the bill. So, not counting meals, the basic cost of the $139 was actually over $185. Those extras aren't disclosed anywhere that I found, so kind of annoying. Not the end of the world, but like other writers, I do prefer to know in advance what the bill will be.
All in all, nice enough. But I don't really enjoy San Juan, and except for cruising won't be back.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Conrad San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only luxury hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotels. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-wining Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, a 24-hour casino, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and a bubbling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.