We stayed here both pre and post cruise. The grounds of the hotel are very impressive and the location is in a great place to get to Old San Juan via a friendly city bus. There's a Denny's, a Chili's, a Starbuck's and a Subway within a few minute walk. There are also some very nice Hotel Restaurants on site but we didn't use these venues. The hotel buildings are on both sides of Ashford Avenue. The Lagoon building lobby and Denny's is very nice. Everything past the pool in the lagoon building is in much need of repair. The lagoon view rooms are nice, clean and comfortable.
Post cruise we stayed in a corner ocean view room. The views were stunning. The room was unbelievable. We couldn't ask for anything else.
Here is the but part........The exorbitant resort fee. We knew we would be paying it and accepted it. However, what exactly did we get for our dollar? It included certain amenities like a cold towel and a popsicIe. It was also supposed to include WIFI. The only place we got a signal was in the hotel lobby. You could not get a signal, or if you did it was so weak you would keep losing it. This included in our rooms of both buildings and also at the pool area or on the lawn oceanside. Why advertise that the hotel has WIFI when it doesn't work. We asked personnel at the pool to help us with the WIFI problem and they said there was nothing that could be done. In todays tech age why should this problem exist especially at a large Hilton Resort.
The bottom line for me is, we loved the resort, the staff, the rooms, the view, and the location, but would I stay here again..............No, especially since they are charging a service for something that doesnt work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only luxury hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotels. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-wining Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, a 24-hour casino, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and a bubbling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels and Agoda so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham