“I expected more from a Hilton Property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

Save Saved
You added The Condado Plaza Hilton to your Saves list
The Condado Plaza Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $99
Ranked #19 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I expected more from a Hilton Property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our group of about 50 stayed 5 nights from Wednesday. I like the fact of having a balcony but someone could easily climb over the rail from another room, so lock your door to it. My shower had a leaking seal that created water on the floor and it was reported 3 times and no one fixed it. Quite a few guest including myself had problems opening the door and that was not addressed - so hopefully you are not in a hurry and need to get in fast. The bed is just a nice futon so if you have trouble getting up don't do this hotel. I also had a roach in the room on the ironing board and a mouse that was in the return air vent. The last night of the stay I awaken with about 6 insect bites on one leg and 3 on the other, WHAT THE HECK! I was dinner over night. Staff nice but did nothing about my concerns at checkout nearly said they would report it for the next guest want have a problem, don't see that happening. Pay attention to bill, group rate hold on card was suppose to be $100, came up $200 and took forever to get off. I did enjoy all the other staff. Hotel needs some painting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

2,506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I don't want to talk about the hotel, let's talk about AQUA. First of all the service at the pool area is amazing. The wings are the bomb diggity with that hot sauce and honey mustard sides. Make sure to try the Puerto Rican besos it's the perfect sunny day drink. Virnalis gave an above and beyond service (believe me I asked for water like 20 times!), she is awesome. Everyone was just awesome.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here first time this past month. First off the front desk person was really a charm to speak with (I think it was Veronica, I heard she sings very well) she really had a great sense of humour and also was willing to do whatever was neccessary to make my stay accomodating. I spoke with her daily and she was always pleasent and smiling.

Rooms were comfortable and they are going through some remodelling. The first room I had was a inner harbour view, but I requested the next day an ocean view, which again they were more than cooperative. It was great to see and listen to the waves and sounds of seaguls. the view is fantastic from the balconies on the ocean side.

Breakfast I was given a credit of $7.00 daily (I am a Diamond memebr with Hilton) and it was able to be used at any of their restaurants including the Dennys in the other building. Showers are all glassed and roomy. Tolietries supplied are of very nice quality and large sized, which they replaced daily whether used or not.

There are 3 pools here, a casino and sevral bars and restaurants. I never have time for the pools, casinos and rarely eat at the hotels.

Chilis and several restaurants are along the street to the east and well within walking distance. Great stay, and decent place.

Room Tip: Ocean Side in the main lobby building. Any floor above the 3rd.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lets just say STAY AWAY. I go to Puerto Rico at least three times a yr and decided to give this hotel a try BIG mistake. From the rude front desk staff with their unprofessional sloppy appearance to the miserable bartenders by the pool and their housekeeping that puts blood stained sheets and the beds. So we arrived early and the room wasnt ready no big deal. We decided to hang out by the pool while we waited. Well the pool staff refused to give us towels so we sat on these old pool chairs with no towels for 4hrs. Want a drink by the pool GOOD LUCK no one comes up to you and ask if you want anything. So we went to the bar where Angel had an absolute attitude problem. Last time I checked bartenders were suppose to be social not roll their eyes every two minutes. We get out room finally just to find it dirty with stained sheets dusty cups and coffee and a moldy shower. We were promised a new room the next day by Omar the front desk manager and it never happened. So I guess lying to their customers is a routine for them. FYI there is no longer any room service. The food at the hotel is just as gross from the cafe to by the pool. Get ur food on the beach from the pincho lady and save ur money. By the end of this trip that was only 3 days I was so annoyed by their lack of customer service and disregard to their paying customers. I blame the people who do the hiring obviously they do not look for the right qualifications. Also the bell boys who rather stand and talk while they show their instagrams to each rather than put your luggage in the taxi was the icing on the cake. Why would they even have their phones on them while on duty? Lets not forget the rudest and condescending front desk clerk Kendra wouldn't want to leave her out. PLEASE if you want to have a great experience on a great Island with awesome customers service pay a little extra and stay at the Concha or Marriott. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: there is the main building and the building across the way. stay clear of the rooms if there not in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Lisa C,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that I have taken your comments and shared it with our management team.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Best regards,

Michelle Burn
Guest Relations Manager
michelle.burn@hilton.com
Bayshore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very nicely decorated hotel, but just lacks some of the basic Hilton qaulities. Wifi connection was awful and frustrating. No traditional Hilton breakfast buffet...ate at Dennys across the street instead. Your closet and fridge are in the bathroom! Didnt really like having my clothes and food in the same small space that I go to the restroom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Michael G,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was glad to read that you found our hotel to be nicely decorated. We do our very best to make sure our guests feel like they are home and appreciate your comments. However, I understand that you were unsatisfied with a few issues at our hotel. I especially would like to apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed and availability of our Wi-Fi connection.

We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Kind regards,

Michelle Burn
Guest Relations Manager
michelle.burn@hilton.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just got back from a quick 4 night trip Oct 7th-11th. I must say, after my girlfriend booked the trip, I was nervous looking at some of the reviews.
Check in - We landed early and our room was available about 1 p.m.
Casino - Although I didn't have any luck, my gf did and everyone was pleasant.
8 noodle bar - We ate here twice, food and service was good.
Pool bar - service was great, drinks were strong, food was average.
Beach is small, we knew that going in.
Room was 320. The room was ok, the bathroom was nice, if you've ever been to south beach, you get that feel at this hotel.
Maids - They never seemed to get to our room, I had to call 2x, we ended up just getting towels because we wanted to relax at the time maybe 7pm they were going to clean.
Location - it is in a great area, when you leave the hotel and walk, it doesn't look nice but there are lots of shops and restaurants down the road. Old San Juan is a quick cab ride($15 cab).
Check out - fast, no problems.

It was better than I thought, I almost cancelled and switched to a new hotel after reading the reviews but I had a good experience. It is what you make of it and I'm pretty calm and don't let small things bother me and also understand things may not go as planned, happens everywhere. I would stay again, I primarily used the beach/pool, went to dinner and gambled at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is an excellent hotel for the price and location. It is on the less expensive list for all hotels in San Juan, and the location is very central to Old San Juan, Condado, and the Isla Verde locations.

Keep in mind that this hotel is a bit dated, and hasn't been renovated in a while (this could be why it is slightly cheaper than the Hilton Caribe). However, this didn't bother me at all, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others for a quick stop over in San Juan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!