“lATE VACATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

You added The Condado Plaza Hilton to your Saves list
The Condado Plaza Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$129 (USD)
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
A TripAdvisor Member
“lATE VACATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

the hotel overall was excellent, very well decorated and put together. there should be more activities around the pool area. the rooms were very clean and beautiful. the bathroom was huge and i love the glass shower and the coordination of the colors in the room. the ocean view was breathtaking

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

I am glad to hear that you found our property beautiful and well decorated. Will make sure to share your comments regaring our pool activities to improve our service. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful ocean view; it is a very relaxing and soothing view to enjoy!

Again thank you and we hope to see you soon in the near future!

The Condado Plaza Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Loved the fish tank in the lobby and vibe of the hotel. Check-in was a breeze! However entering into the room, we found stains on the wall and the door to the balcony had about an Inch gap between the door and frame. I tried calling the front desk but the cord to the phone was missing. Went down to the front desk and they were quick to move me. After that everything was great. I loved the Cafe in the morning and the Casino was great as well. I will return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if city view. Lower floors have street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family stayed here this past weekend (four days fri-mon). We had ocean view rooms on the 9th floor, view is amazing. The staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. The rooms were beautiful and well kept. Check in was quick and easy. Everyone we met on this trip, be it locals or staff were so friendly and welcoming. Waking in the morning and having coffee on the balcony was so peaceful. I will miss the sound of the waves hitting the shore. Hoping to come back to Puerto Rico someday, and would stay at the Condado Plaza again gladly.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is a must! Views are beyond amazing.
Brooklyn, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The location is surrounded by 3 abandoned buildings and you really don't feel safe of comfortable at all. During my stay the maids cleaning my room stole my diamond necklace.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Chassity R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology if your diamond necklace went missing while staying with us. We want you to know that we have taken this very seriously and are taking all the necessary steps to thoroughly investigate this incident.
Our customers’ personal property is always respected, and I sincerely apologize iffor this inconvenience. You are aware that our Security Department is presently investigating this matter and they have been in contact with you. Again please accept our apologies for this incident. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Queens, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just returned from a week vacation at the Conrad Condado Plaza Hotel in San Juan. Its not my first time staying at the hotel. I have stayed many times and I am always satisfied with their professionalism and service overall. But this time I had the opportunity of meeting one of the best bartenders I have ever met. His name is Rafael and he works at the Moon Bar Eternal Lobby Lounge located at the lobby of the hotel. Rafael was not only professionalfriendly and welcoming. He was also very knowledgeable and very creative with his drinks. He prepared several drinks of his own creation that were very unique and delicious. I highly recommend you dropping by and having not only the drinks that are offered in their menu but also one of his signature drinks. I can't wait to be back for Christmas and have some of his drinks. See photos.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Michael V,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay!

I will definitely congratulate our bartender Rafael for a great job! I am very happy to read comments of guests who praise our team members for going above and beyond. He sure is very creative and talented with his drinks; the pictures you took look great!

We are definitely looking forward to welcome you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

michelle.burn@hilton.com
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a lagoon view room on a high floor in his hotel. I had a great water and city view and like being on the quiet side of the hotel. Room was OK - nothing special but since I was on business I could not select a premium room. It had been recently updated. It did have a spacious terrace. One thing was that the A/C does not go below a certain temp so at times the room seemed warm. Once I was there for a while I got used to the heat and found myself sitting on the terrace a lot as it was very peaceful. I actually saw a manatee one morning around sunrise. There are pools on both the ocean and the lagoon side and both are nice. The one on the lagoon side is much quieter. You can also rent a kayak or a paddleboard on the lagoon side. There are quite a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel and it is an easy walk to a beach. There is a bus to Old San Juan that leaves almost right in front of the hotel so it is easy to get to shopping and restaurants there. There are also restaurants in the hotel as well as a Starbucks (the personnel there are really nice). Taxi's are available 24 hours a day from this hotel in case you have an early flight. I would stay here again if I returned to Puerto Rico. All the hotel personnel \were friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the Puerto Rican people - always a smile and eager to please.

Room Tip: If you are on the lagoon side, get a room on a high floor or your view will be cut off by the buildi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear StarGazer55555,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your Lagoon View; by far, this is my favorite view from all the ones we offer, even more than the beach! At night, you can see the beautiful city lights illuminating the lagoon; making a breathtaking, quiet, and relaxing view to enjoy. Let me tell you, that from the years I have been working at this hotel, I have only seen a manatee twice! Manatees are endangered species, and to see one is very rare. By the way... there are approximately 6 manatees living in our Lagoon!

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team members very friendly and helpful. Please, should you wish to visit us again, feel free to contact me; we will be delighted to welcome you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton.

All the best,

Chicago, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Unfortunately the staff was not accommodating and the room was not kept. There were a huge amount of local families there for a 'staycation' and I feel the customer service representatives could not care less about their guests. Asked numerous times to have the room tidied during our 2 night stay or even have some clean towels, neither of which happened.

Dear Christina H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay at our property. I am very disappointed that you felt that our staff was not accommodating and your room was not kept as you expected. I will personally ensure to share your review with my team to ensure we maintain high standards in customer service and room cleaning. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

michelle.burn@hilton.com

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!