“Good Hotel in Condado Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Condado Plaza Hilton

You added The Condado Plaza Hilton to your Saves list
The Condado Plaza Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico (Formerly Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night & $100 Credit
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Irvine, California
“Good Hotel in Condado Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a lagoon view room on a high floor in his hotel. I had a great water and city view and like being on the quiet side of the hotel. Room was OK - nothing special but since I was on business I could not select a premium room. It had been recently updated. It did have a spacious terrace. One thing was that the A/C does not go below a certain temp so at times the room seemed warm. Once I was there for a while I got used to the heat and found myself sitting on the terrace a lot as it was very peaceful. I actually saw a manatee one morning around sunrise. There are pools on both the ocean and the lagoon side and both are nice. The one on the lagoon side is much quieter. You can also rent a kayak or a paddleboard on the lagoon side. There are quite a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel and it is an easy walk to a beach. There is a bus to Old San Juan that leaves almost right in front of the hotel so it is easy to get to shopping and restaurants there. There are also restaurants in the hotel as well as a Starbucks (the personnel there are really nice). Taxi's are available 24 hours a day from this hotel in case you have an early flight. I would stay here again if I returned to Puerto Rico. All the hotel personnel \were friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the Puerto Rican people - always a smile and eager to please.

Room Tip: If you are on the lagoon side, get a room on a high floor or your view will be cut off by the buildi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear StarGazer55555,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your Lagoon View; by far, this is my favorite view from all the ones we offer, even more than the beach! At night, you can see the beautiful city lights illuminating the lagoon; making a breathtaking, quiet, and relaxing view to enjoy. Let me tell you, that from the years I have been working at this hotel, I have only seen a manatee twice! Manatees are endangered species, and to see one is very rare. By the way... there are approximately 6 manatees living in our Lagoon!

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team members very friendly and helpful. Please, should you wish to visit us again, feel free to contact me; we will be delighted to welcome you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton.

All the best,

The Condado Plaza Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
Chicago, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Unfortunately the staff was not accommodating and the room was not kept. There were a huge amount of local families there for a 'staycation' and I feel the customer service representatives could not care less about their guests. Asked numerous times to have the room tidied during our 2 night stay or even have some clean towels, neither of which happened.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Christina H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay at our property. I am very disappointed that you felt that our staff was not accommodating and your room was not kept as you expected. I will personally ensure to share your review with my team to ensure we maintain high standards in customer service and room cleaning. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Marlboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice facility; music fills the air and enhances the carribean flare of the lively lobby! The property overlooks the ocean and the lagoon...beautiful views from all angles. Ocean front room was just as shown on the website - very happy with it. Bathroom was large and modern -- but having the closet, dresser, frig and safe all in the bathroom was inconvenient -- especially when there are no locks on the bathroom door to keep family members out!! Love the concept of lounge chairs and hammocks by the rocks/cement patio overlooking the water -- very peaceful. Also liked all the outside seating along the terrace of the lobby, over-looking the water. WIth the music, at night, it was almost club-like. My teenager commented that some of the outdoor furniture, stone pavers and pool could all use a bit of TLC. She was right - buit not a deal-breaker! Also, beach was tiny and mis-represented. Did not see any offering of watersports on our beach. Needed to go elsewhere for that! Maria at the front desk and Fred at Cafe Caribe were both exceptional and enhanced our experience at the Condado Plaza!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MichelleBurn, Guest Relations Manager at The Condado Plaza Hilton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Cindy S,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, We certainly do not have a large walking beach, on the other hand, we do have the most calm and shallow beach with a beautiful artificial reef boasting with tropical, colorful fish for everyone to enjoy; particularly children. We do offer water sports on our Lagoon side which is protected and calm for paddleboarders and kayakers in a protected and safe environment.

Will make sure to congratulate Maria at the front desk and Fred at Cafe Caribe for offering an exceptional service!

Again thank you, and we hope to welcome you again at The Condado Plaza Hilton.

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the Conrad for a couple of nights for a week-end get away.

The hotel is close to the airport, a $18 cab ride without the noise of the planes. We were upgraded to a suite in the hotel across the Casino. Our suite was beautiful, double living room : 1 in the bedroom and an extra living room in the entrance with a wet bar.

The hot tub in the bedroom was great, the bathroom was very spacious and decent closet space.
The location was good to access a walk on the beach and to swim in the hotel lagoon.
The hotel beach, although small was nice, so were the hotel pools.

The hotel is run down, its a 3.5 stars as best.
Its was great for a few nights but no more. The staff was so-so. Long useless line ups at check-in and the hotel reception desk. Valets and wait staff were below Conrad hotels standards.
Puerto Rico is a great place, the locals are nice and the public beach is beautiful with decent waves and nice sand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel accomodations and amenities was good. Also we received a good service. The quality of the restaurants exceed my standards. It is close to many place to go, restaurants, night clubs, spas, at a walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Eleana P,

Thank you for your review!

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our accomodations and that the quality of our restaurants exceeded your expectations.Thank you for choosing to stay at the Condado Plaza; we hope to welcome you again in the near future!

All the best,

Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a beautiful hotel and congenial staff. Delta and the Condado Plaza had a real good discount for a 6day stay last Oct. 2012. I hope they can offer this again each fall. Very relaxing this time of year. Took the bus downtown late afternoon for my meal of the day. As a single person who travels I felt very safe at the hotel. I got up early and sat on the balcony overlooking the lagoon and was mesmerized by the calmness yet the activity of the wildlife and the boarders. Made my way to the beach by 9:30 as the tide changes then and it is very quiet and could enjoy again the calmness. I really want to return but, only if their prices/packages come down in price-just too pricey now what I see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Carolkayak,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your past stay at the Condado Plaza Hilton. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel beautiful and moreover, you found our staff very friendly and hospitable. I will share your comments regarding the Delta package so we can continue promoting it so more guests can enjoy its benefits. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to return, I will be sure to personally handle your reservation and guarantee a good price for you.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here our last night in PR before flying out. We had traveled around the island. After staying two nights in a different motel, I knew I wanted a new place when we came back from Rincon. They staff was very helpful. The room was spotless and a stunning view. We arrived late so we weren't able to take in any of the other accomodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JackandDarla,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad that you found our hotel clean, too bad you did not have more time to enjoy our property. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you consider us again should travel bring you back to Puerto Rico. We'll be delighted to welcome you back at the Condado Plaza Hilton!

The Condado Plaza Hilton

Been to The Condado Plaza Hilton? Share your experiences!