I usually stay at this hotel on average twice a year for business. When I checked in Sara was very nice and gave me a room on the ocean side tower with an ocean view room. The hotel towers are split between the ocean side and across the street (there is a covered walkway to get to them from the mezzanine level). I do not like that side due to how far you have to walk to get there and then if your room key doesn't work you have to walk all the way back! I don't think the rooms are as good on that side either. My interaction with the staff was a very good experience, all were very helpful and eager to assist. Yes as some reviewers have written, the property needs updating and probably a fresh coat of paint (sea salt and wind take a big toll). However, the inside is and has always been nicely kept and clean. In 5 years I have never had a dirty room or seen trays of food all over the hallway from left over room service as you sometimes find at other hotels.
I like the location and there are many good restaurants to choose from if you know where to go. The Waikiki is a very short walk and although it is kind of touristy the Seafood Mofongo is very good and you can have an ice cold beer with it while you sit out on the back deck and watch the waves come in. On the other side of the street a little further down is a place called Waiters Bar and Grill. Not as touristy and the food and prices cant be beat in Condado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only luxury hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotels. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-wining Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and a bubbling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham