I stayed here between April 10-16 for my first visit to PR. I booked this through Cheap Caribbean and it came out to about $750 pp for airfare and hotel. I figured it's not a bad deal.
Here are the good:
1) LOVE the shower! The water gets hot quickly and the shower is strong enough unlike some of the other hotels I've stated before that has weak showers. It's a spacious shower since the closet, fridge, safe, coffee maker are all in there.
2) The location is close to some restaurants like Vieja Ropa, Casa Lola, Chilis, and Don Jose. As you walk to hotels on Ashford Avenue, they don't really have no-fuss restaurants as close.
3) I had a balcony and from room 739, I was able to see some part of the lagoon and the beach which was lovely. I could hear some noise from the hotel pool area (people screaming, music, and DJ), but once I close the balcony door, I don't hear a thing. I saw some of the reviews on here that recommended high floors because of the noise.
4) Pikayo is a very nice restaurant. I had dinner there on the last night and it is a very nice place, attentive and friendly staff, and mushroom risotto is to die for!
5) Most staff are pretty friendly.
1) While the hotel tries to look hip and have nice decor, it needs to begin to pay attention to details. The paint on the balcony walls came off. The door had moldy dusty black things on them. The paint by the elevator is coming up. The carpet in the hallways are dirty. The room can get a little humid especially if you want to put the temperature up when you're cold.
2) Housekeeping is not great. There was a tissue ball at the side of the bathroom sink floor and housekeeping never picked it up. The table in the room had stains on them. You also need to have at least one more rash can in the main area (like under the desk). When ever we wanted to throw away a piece of paper or whatever, we had to go to the bathroom trash can.
3) Concierge is not very helpful or nice. I guess they just do the minimum -- if you ask them a question, then they will answer that ONE question. They would not really try to take one step further to help.
4) Not that it really matters, but no one from check-in to check-out ever acknowledged our birthdays (yes, the same day) which they did know about.
5) The Denny's onsite sucks. While the waitress we had on the first night was absolutely courteous and attentive, the next day, it took us forever to get a salad to go. The reason was not because they had to prepare the salad, but this hostess decided to prepare other take-out orders that were made AFTER mine. The hostess wanted to only go back to pick up ALL the orders once; therefore, my one salad had to wait for essentially 5 other orders. That does not make any sense. On top of that, instead of getting sliced avocado on my salad which was on the menu, I got a tub of guacamole. That is not what I ordered. While Denny's is very convenient and gives me refuge from all the local food, I think that place needs organization and training. If I ever go back to PR or even stay at Conrad, I would try my best to avoid Denny's. I would rather give Chili's another try.
Overall, for the price and location, I would recommend staying here if you just want a decent place to rest after a day of touring. I would be careful of the restaurants to pick. Vieja Ropa, Don Jose, Pikayo, and Casa Lola are all good choices depending how fancy you want to go.
Room 739 is pretty good. Make sure you get high floor to avoid the noise by the pool. Balcony rooms...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.