My first trip to the enchanted island was during the elections and was full of the merriment and celebration that only the carribean islanders can bring. While I am still here soaking in the sun at the beach adjacent to the property I regret that I have to spend the early part of the day at the office doing business. It is the cost of the trip being that I must first work before I can play. However, as the day matures, I find myself walking along the calle that borders the ocean and can hear the thunderous roar of the waves crashing against the rock that runs along the shorline. The sounds are only temporaily drowned out by the wonderful carribean music and multitudes of people enjoying one anothers' company in conversation. My room overlooks the lagoon from the seventh floor and is quite latin in decor. Tile floor from wall to wall. Fully enclosed glass shower, balcony with two comfortable chairs and coffee table. Sitting area by the wall to ceiling patio glass. Everything in this design seems to invite the dweller outside. I couldn't imagine just staying indoors for any more time than is necessary to change into some nice, comfortable clothing and mingle with both the tourists and locals that apparently don't know that Monday nights are work nights. They seem oblivious that work is only a few hours away as they socialize together, walk along the calle, sit along the beach, and enjoy the temperate evenings along the seaside of this truly enchanted island. The hotel has much to offer especially if you are truly dedicated to maintaining that body you have worked hard to achieve as their gym is the most well equipped among any hotels I have stayed at. Modern natlius and free weights, multiple treadmills, a spacious area to do calisthenics, dry sauna, showers (5), massage rooms, and indoor whirlpool. It is apparent that the locals are very health concious as you stroll down the main road and have to share it with numerous runners. To find an overweight person you will have to look only in the mirror as the people here are pictures of health and vitality. This stay has been, thus far, very therapuetic and I recommend staying at this hotel if you are a Hilton Honors member. The higher the floor you choose increases the panoramic view offered both seaside and lagoon side so choose wisely! There are unfortunately no microwaves in the room but they have compensated by offering numerous restaurants in the hotel, delicious menus for room service, and a plethora of dining choices to offer are waiting just outside the doors of this hotel. Overall, the hotel and room were not the highest class I have come to associate with the Hilton chain but I have not visited any of the other hotels in this area. There are too many to count right next to one another so I am sure that luxury is everywhere. At this hotel the offerings compensate for where the rooms left off. If you are visiting for the first time then this will be a good choice to spend your money as it was very inexpensive for what I thought was a wonderful stay in such a prime location. And the benefits of having such a view, breakfast (complete) and dinner/beverages ($20 voucher) made me forget that last week I stayed in an Embassy Suites with two rooms and atrium view in Miami for less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only luxury hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotels. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-wining Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, a 24-hour casino, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and a bubbling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham